Hitler

Hitler

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Feb 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Sorry but assuming that absolutes do exist is not the same as assuming that absolutes don't exist.
You're floundering! Where do you swim to, where do you swim to?

Panic! Panic!

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
05 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
You're floundering! Where do you swim to, where do you swim to?

Panic! Panic!
Actually without any absolutes you are the one who is floundering in an ocean of relativism. You must be wondering is that shark swimming to me or am I swimming to that shark.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Feb 17

Actually without any absolutes you are the one who is floundering in an ocean of relativism. You must be wondering is that shark swimming to me or am I swimming to that shark.
Assumptions! Assumptions!

Good God all I have is assumptions!

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
05 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Assumptions! Assumptions!

Good God all I have is assumptions!
At least I feel my reality matches up with my assumptions. 🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Feb 17

At least I feel my reality matches up with my assumptions. 🙂
I guess you have some consolation then.

P

Moves
05 Feb 17

Originally posted by chaney3
I have recently viewed photos of Jewish men, women and children killed in concentration camps.

Exterminated and starved.

Where was God?
God was there, in Germany.

We can look at all the terrible and plainly disgusting ways in witch mankind treats itself. And we can complain that God doesn't act as we think He should.

But He is still here

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Feb 17

Originally posted by Pudgenik
God was there, in Germany.

We can look at all the terrible and plainly disgusting ways in witch mankind treats itself. And we can complain that God doesn't act as we think He should.

But He is still here
Have you been on a course in bland platitudes?

P

Moves
05 Feb 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Have you been on a course in bland platitudes?
would you mind explaining what you mean by bland platitudes

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Feb 17

would you mind explaining what you mean by bland platitudes
Yes, I would mind.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Are you denying him his voice?

Why?
One note? I want to hear the orchestra.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
06 Feb 17

God was there, in Germany....
No, sir. There were only people there. Unless, well, shame on your creator gods, they love when we suffer?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by apathist
No, sir. There were only people there. Unless, well, shame on your creator gods, they love when we suffer?
Gold is purified in a furnace. From a perspective devoid of God suffering makes no sense at all. With God you find meaning in suffering.

“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”

C.S. Lewis

T

Moves
06 Feb 17

Not surprised that FMJ refuses to even acknowledge the following - no less address it. It leads to the flaw in the foundation of his position.

Societies may impose their conceptions of God on the people within those societies but if two different societies had different conceptions of God how would you ascertain which society had the correct conception of God?

There are tens of thousands of denominations of Christianity having different conceptions of God that are based on the Bible. Some are vastly different. How do you know yours is correct? Do you have an objective standard for the conception of God?

Without an objective standard for the conception of God, he has no "objective" basis for morality.

For example, many Christians believe the Bible indicates that one should be against capital punishment, yet many other Christians believe the exact opposite.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
07 Feb 17

Gold is purified in a furnace. From a perspective devoid of God suffering makes no sense at all. With God you find meaning in suffer
Without gods, we find meaning in minimizing suffering. Lord knows we can't count on your God for that. Human effort is what makes things better.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Feb 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Not surprised that FMJ refuses to even acknowledge the following - no less address it. It leads to the flaw in the foundation of his position.

[quote]Societies may impose their conceptions of God on the people within those societies but if two different societies had different conceptions of God how would you ascertain which society had the correct con ...[text shortened]... one should be against capital punishment, yet many other Christians believe the exact opposite.
Not surprised that Think of One, has not thought of one answer to any of my questions. Once he answers the question "Is the holocaust objectively wrong?" he will realise that he has to assume that an objective standard for right and wrong exists. Then he will realise that he will also have to defend the objective standard that he posits. Once he has done this I shall continue to answer his questions.