Genuine Human Happiness

Genuine Human Happiness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
20 Mar 13

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Are you ever going to stop these attempts at insult? Honestly, it doesn't matter how hard you try, I'm not going to get into a slanging match with you.

What is it that you imagine I don't understand? Apart from your unreasoned hostility, that is?
Unfortunately it seems like you're deadset on 'playing the victim'.

What is it that you imagine I don't understand?

As if I haven't explained this. You just seem to get further and further into denial. It's unfortunate.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
20 Mar 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Unfortunately it seems like you're deadset on 'playing the victim'.

[b]What is it that you imagine I don't understand?

As if I haven't explained this. You just seem to get further and further into denial. It's unfortunate.[/b]
This is becoming ever so slightly tedious now. I do hope you don't always conduct yourself in this manner.

T

Moves
20 Mar 13

This is becoming ever so slightly tedious now. I do hope you don't always conduct yourself in this manner.
lol. What's tedious is your insistence on 'playing the victim' and your refusal to simply admit that you don't understand what those authors were saying.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
20 Mar 13

lol. What's tedious is your insistence on 'playing the victim' and your refusal to simply admit that you don't understand what those authors were saying.
I thought you said that was unfortunate?

Tell me, do you consider yourself a christian?

T

Moves
20 Mar 13

I thought you said that was unfortunate?

Tell me, do you consider yourself a christian?
I did. Is there a problem with that?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Mar 13
1 edit

I did. Is there a problem with that?
What, you did consider yourself a christian? Why would I have a problem with that?

T

Moves
21 Mar 13

What, you did consider yourself a christian? Why would I have a problem with that?
"I thought you said that was unfortunate?"

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Mar 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
I believe it is instinctual. Human nature includes empathy as well as the desire to do the 'right thing'. Of course it is not that simple and there is a complex balance between those and selfishness and often we try to convince ourselves that we are achieving both even when they are in conflict.
Nevertheless if you dont look after yourself, emotionally and physically, then you are less likely to be effective in helping others. So I guess no.1 must always come first, but then again you can also create whatever type persona you wish to exude. Which leaves more and more choices, which constitute some form of genuine human happiness for me.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Mar 13

"I thought you said that was unfortunate?"
Nope, I never said that.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Mar 13

Originally posted by LemonJello
[b]I dont know what LJ was saying

That's okay. LJ usually doesn't know what LJ is saying either.[/b]
Upon re-reading this thread, it seems I do get your arguments somewhat afterall ...still not enough to comment in any spirited fashion though 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Mar 13

I also spend a fair bit of time reconsidering decisions I have made and actions I have taken. These days I'm usually fairly satisfied that I've done the right thing, but as I said before, my whole rationale for doing the right thing is, to my mind at least, based in self-interest. Guess I'm just a wrong 'un eh?
Yes, I'm sure your doing the right thing. Now you have to look for clues in your reflections as you find deeper life lessons. Do some things repeat? Which parts of daily life are predictable and which aren't?
I'm finding since I've changed my outlook on life from around 25 my life seems to have gotten steadily better overall. And I feel no reason why this should not continue, that life will actually keep getting better the older I get ?!?.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Mar 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yes, I'm sure your doing the right thing. Now you have to look for clues in your reflections as you find deeper life lessons. Do some things repeat? Which parts of daily life are predictable and which aren't?
I'm finding since I've changed my outlook on life from around 25 my life seems to have gotten steadily better overall. And I feel no reason why this should not continue, that life will actually keep getting better the older I get ?!?.
Yeah, mostly things are getting better - apart from the incipient failure of the flesh, of course, but I'm coming to terms with that.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Mar 13

Yeah, mostly things are getting better - apart from the incipient failure of the flesh, of course, but I'm coming to terms with that.
It's a tough and bizarre fact of life to get your head around for sure.

T

Moves
21 Mar 13

Nope, I never said that.
I had my suspicions that you were just being a troll (given some of the nonsense you've been spewing) - this confirms it without a doubt.

For the record, I pasted the text, that ATC says he "never said", from a post he made that appears earlier on this page.

I guess that's what one gets for giving him the benefit of a doubt.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Mar 13

I had my suspicions that you were just being a troll (given some of the nonsense you've been spewing) - this confirms it without a doubt.

For the record, I pasted the text, that ATC says he "never said", from a post he made that appears earlier on this page.

I guess that's what one gets for giving him the benefit of a doubt.
Dayum dude. Did that one go over your head then?