Genuine Human Happiness

Genuine Human Happiness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
16 Mar 13

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
You're a funny guy, you know that?
You're the funny one. On one hand you seem to understand that you don't understand what they're saying, yet on the other hand you keep insisting that you have understood what you've read. Just get over yourself and read what they're actually saying. In other words, "put your big boy pants on".

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
16 Mar 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You're the funny one. On one hand you seem to understand that you don't understand what they're saying, yet on the other hand you keep insisting that you have understood what you've read. Just get over yourself and read what they're actually saying. In other words, "put your big boy pants on".
You just can't help yourself can you? You realise you've explained nothing in this thread? You've posted cut & pasted stuff which you claim explains your position, but you doggedly refuse to deal with the subject yourself. Every time I ask you to explain, you climb right up there on your high-horse and come up with some patronising swipe about how I'm failing to grasp these simple arguments. You appear to be aligning yourself with a verificationist dismissal of psychological egoism, but seem unable or unwilling to discuss the matter in question directly. Just explain your position. Don't tell me to read somebody else's again, use your own words. You can do that, can't you?

T

Moves
16 Mar 13

You just can't help yourself can you? You realise you've explained nothing in this thread? You've posted cut & pasted stuff which you claim explains your position, but you doggedly refuse to deal with the subject yourself. Every time I ask you to explain, you climb right up there on your high-horse and come up with some patronising swipe about how I' ...[text shortened]... 't tell me to read somebody else's again, use your own words. You can do that, can't you?
lol. You're like a little kid who can't admit that he needs to reread something because he didn't understand it. So in order to avoid doing so, launches unfounded personal attacks on the person who keeps pointing them in the right direction. You keep claiming that you're "not an idiot", yet insist on proving otherwise.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Mar 13

lol. You're like a little kid who can't admit that he needs to reread something because he didn't understand it. So in order to avoid doing so, launches unfounded personal attacks on the person who keeps pointing them in the right direction. You keep claiming that you're "not an idiot", yet insist on proving otherwise.
Oh for crying out loud. I'm not making any personal attacks on you, I'm trying to get you to explain your position, that's all. If you're not interested in getting your views across, well, fine, don't bother. If all you're after is a frank exchange of insults, I'm afraid you'll have to find somebody else to play with.

T

Moves
17 Mar 13

Oh for crying out loud. I'm not making any personal attacks on you, I'm trying to get you to explain your position, that's all. If you're not interested in getting your views across, well, fine, don't bother. If all you're after is a frank exchange of insults, I'm afraid you'll have to find somebody else to play with.
Wow. If nothing else you really know how to 'play the victim' by making unfounded accusations - all to avoid admitting that you need to reread something because you didn't understand it.

As I've pointed out more than a couple of times now: You've already had it explained to you at least three different ways. I have no reason to believe that a fourth is going to be of more help to you than you going back over it with the attitude that there are things that you don't sufficiently understand.

Evidently you can't understand the above either.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Mar 13

Wow. If nothing else you really know how to 'play the victim' by making unfounded accusations - all to avoid admitting that you need to reread something because you didn't understand it.

As I've pointed out more than a couple of times now: You've already had it explained to you at least three different ways. I have no reason to believe that a fourth i ...[text shortened]... t you don't sufficiently understand.

Evidently you can't understand the above either.
Yeah, well, thanks for all your help there. I'm just gonna go ahead and accept that your inability to discuss the subject reflects your understanding of it.

T

Moves
17 Mar 13

Yeah, well, thanks for all your help there. I'm just gonna go ahead and accept that your inability to discuss the subject reflects your understanding of it.
Fascinating. In order to relieve his cognitive dissonance, ATC has convinced himself that I have an 'inability' to discuss the subject - even though I have plainly stated on numerous occasions exactly why I don't believe that yet another explanation (at least the fourth) would prove fruitful. Classic. Hopefully someday ATC will gain some much needed maturity.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Mar 13

Fascinating. In order to relieve his cognitive dissonance, ATC has convinced himself that I have an 'inability' to discuss the subject - even though I have plainly stated on numerous occasions exactly why I don't believe that yet another explanation (at least the fourth) would prove fruitful. Classic. Hopefully someday ATC will gain some much needed maturity.
You've got issues, dude.

T

Moves
18 Mar 13
1 edit

You've got issues, dude.
Classic. If nothing else you're consistent. What's most baffling is that at one point you seemed to half-admit it before reversing course again.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Mar 13

Classic. If nothing else you're consistent. What's most baffling is that at one point you seemed to half-admit it before reversing course again.
Do you realise you're arguing on your own?

T

Moves
18 Mar 13
1 edit

Do you realise you're arguing on your own?
Not 'arguing' at all. Just continuing to point out the facts. Not that they mean much of anything to you. From what I can tell, you believe things are true simply because you think them.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Mar 13

Not 'arguing' at all. Just continuing to point out the facts. Not that they mean much of anything to you. From what I can tell, you believe things are true simply because you think them.
Really? What a curious thing to conclude from our discourse.

T

Moves
18 Mar 13

Really? What a curious thing to conclude from our discourse.
lol. You keep telling yourself that. Classic.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Mar 13

lol. You keep telling yourself that. Classic.
How old are you ToO? No insult intended or prepared, I'm just curious.

T

Moves
18 Mar 13

How old are you ToO? No insult intended or prepared, I'm just curious.
Actually I was wondering the same about you. Based on your world view, seems like that of a college kid, yet reading between the lines of your responses, it wouldn't surprise me if you're older chronologically.