Four Kinds of Forgiveness

Four Kinds of Forgiveness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

'It's not about the Bible or what 'you' think personally. When we discuss Reincarnation as it is understood by those who believe in such a concept (whether they be Hindu or otherwise) it is what 'they' believe that matters. - Why is that even a point of discussion?

You may place your hope in Reincarnation if you want to.

It ...[text shortened]... ed more like He as "the truth" in history then Jesus Christ ? You may certainly name NAMES.
Once again you fail to address the points I raised and instead make a silly comment about me putting my hope in reincarnation when you are fully aware that I'm an atheist and have no belief in such a concept. (whatsoever).

A Hindu believes that the same soul is reincarnated. That's the point. You don't get to define what they believe in any more than they get to define what it means to be a Christian. Heaven help you sir in your communications if you don't understand or accept that.

Moves
30 Jan 19

@fmf said
Latest sonship gimmick: pretending Ghost of a Duke believes in reincarnation in order to dodge the actual point that Ghost of a Duke made.
Well spotted.

I have never encountered a Christian with such a childlike and dismissive attitude towards beliefs held by other faiths. I can only assume he is riddled with insecurities about his own faith and feels threatened. (He asks questions with no genuine interest in the answers).

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
If I drop my belief in Christ the Son of God (if it were possible for me) and picked up your belief, your world view, of what benefit would it be to me?
No one is suggesting you do this, sonship.

I don't believe the stuff you believe,

I cannot pretend that I do.

If Christianity gives you perceivable benefits, you should not drop your belief.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19
2 edits

@fmf said
No.
Rather than out words into your mouth then, I'll assume you're too lazy or unable to do so or just malicious.

Either way. Comparing that movie with the word of God is lame.

Society is rotting around you ears. The message of the Bible is that there is a reason and there is a salvation and there is not apathy about it from God.

Many angles of His care are presented in the Bible.
It stands to reason that God would have manifold aspects to His nature.

If someone is only hung up on one aspect, he should at least take equal time to consider other aspects. Every page of the Bible is not about damnation. And salvation is more than deliverance from coming wrath.

It is about Christ being multiplied and mass produced for a new universe filled with people who are like Him.

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers. " (Rom. 8:29)

You will understand now why sometimes I just say "No" or ignore to some of your inquiries. Neither do I want to be bothered.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
Why is there something rather than nothing?
Where did we as human come from?
Why are we here in the universe?
What is the destiny of the world?
What can make me right with my conscience ?
What can make all people be united as one?
If your belief in supernatural beings and phenomena give you answers to these questions that satisfy you ~ and give your life meaning and help you make sense of the inevitability of death ~ you should stick with it. When it comes to your belief, I am more interested in the way you are fending off - with all manner of logical fallacies, wordplay and deflections - queries about the psychological and moral nonsense that forms the heart of darkness ideology you propagate.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
Rather than out words into your mouth then, I'll assume you're too lazy or unable to do so or just malicious.
Asking you if you have seen Dr Strangelove was not "malicious". If you don't know the relevance of one of its iconic scenes/dialogues, then so be it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19
2 edits

@FMF

If Christianity gives you perceivable benefits, you should not drop your belief.

Christianity doesn't so much. But Jesus does.

And I will obey the great commission. I will not retreat to my private closet and believe.

I'll do something to help others to believe also.
Some will be helped like I was helped.
What a joy to lead men and women to Christ or help some on the way.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
Society is rotting around you ears.
I am not a misanthrope in the way many Christians are. In my life I am proactive, optimistic, and positive. If religion anaesthetizes you to what you see through your jaundiced superstitious prism, good for you. If you feel the prospect of everlasting life consoles you in the face of your 'society is rotting around my ears' emotionalism, so be it. Stick with your religion. No one is suggesting you should drop it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19

@FMF

Yea, yea. Parting shots from you I've learned to expect.

But the last word will be God's and not yours.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
If someone is only hung up on one aspect, he should at least take equal time to consider other aspects. Every page of the Bible is not about damnation. And salvation is more than deliverance from coming wrath.
I don't believe that Jesus was divine. I don't believe he rose from the dead. I don't believe Paul met Jesus after Jesus died and so what he went on to write is moot. I think the Book of Revelation is a hoax (as discussed in the past). So I have no reason to believe there is "salvation". I cannot pretend that I do. Like I said, I am more interested in the psychological and moral nonsense that forms your heart of darkness ideology.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Yea, yea. Parting shots from you I've learned to expect.
I am not posting "parting shots". I am engaging you in conversation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19
1 edit

@FMF

I am engaging you in conversation.

Yea. "No" - I will not explain Dr. Strangelove and your belief.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
@FMF

I am engaging you in conversation.

Yea. "No" - I will not explain Dr. Strangelove and your belief.
I have talked about many other things in this conversation, sonship.

If you don't get the Dr Strangelove reference - its satire of deterrence - then it doesn't matter to me.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
Dr. Strangelove and your belief.
Dr Strangelove satirizes your belief - at least in the limited context of what we have been talking about - and not my belief. If you were to watch it again, the particular scene and Peter Seller's words ought to leap out at you. If you don't know what I am talking about, it is not to the detriment of what I have been putting to you about coercion, deterrence, fear and lack of belief.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19
1 edit

@FMF

I don't believe that Jesus was divine.

Okay.

But fuding the history of the writing of the documents of the Gospels to be way latter after myth had developed is not a good alternative theory.

I don't believe he rose from the dead.

Okay. But ignoring that thousands of JERUSALEM JEWS did change their centuries old tradition of Sabbath day worship to remembering "the Lord's day" on the first day of the new week because He rose, has not good alternative explanation from you as far as I remember.

I don't believe Paul met Jesus after Jesus died and so what he went on to write is moot.

Okay. But an alternative explanation of why the strongest opponent and persecutor of the Christian church turned to be her most prolific expounder has not been offered by you.

I expect everything that goes against your unbelief you reckon as evil conspiracy theory to deceive. I'll suspect that you'll spin a theory on how Paul's letters were fabricated fiction and put into his mouth to advance one of history's greatest hoaxes.

I think the Book of Revelation is a hoax (as discussed in the past).

Okay. But its inner design evidences more that it is far from "a mad man's dream".

So I have no reason to believe there is "salvation".

Okay. But as sins were committed against you which someone will have to answer for, so have you done some against others.

And you know and want to do good. You have not given an explanation why you are unable to carry it out.
The New Testament tells us why we cannot pull it off and what a salvation from this dilemma is.

I cannot pretend that I do. Like I said, I am more interested in the psychological and moral nonsense that forms your heart of darkness ideology.

Okay.
But I am more interested in realism then in your poetic grumblings as eloquent as you think they are, with the lack of sensible alternative explanations.