Four Kinds of Forgiveness

Four Kinds of Forgiveness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19

@FMF

I predict that if I ask you what do you have that is better then the Gospel of Christ you'll resort to a phony humility that you're not here to promote your belief.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19

@FMF

Have you seen a film called Dr Strangelove?

Yes.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
@FMF

I predict that if I ask you what do you have that is better then the Gospel of Christ you'll resort to a phony humility that you're not here to promote your belief.
You can believe in Christ if you want. If it gives you purpose and if you like the idea of everlasting life, good for you. I don't want you to follow my example. I don't want you to measure yourself against me. I would be content simply with some sort of explanation of the fact that your torturer god ideology is founded on psychological and moral nonsense, regardless of how certain and sincere and effusive you are about your religion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

'It's not about the Bible or what 'you' think personally. When we discuss Reincarnation as it is understood by those who believe in such a concept (whether they be Hindu or otherwise) it is what 'they' believe that matters. - Why is that even a point of discussion?

You may place your hope in Reincarnation if you want to.

It has its attraction. I don't believe in it because it puts MAN on a higher plane of being then the SYSTEM essentially that he is morally subject to.

Reincarnation is a kind of program. The program runs and the Human is perfected. But the being perfected - human - ends up ever being on a higher plane then the perfecting system - the program of Reincarnation.

Now that is more comfortable to some who don't like the idea of God as a Person like them, yet greater in holiness, righteousness, authority, glory, and everlasting love yet impartial justice too.

Speaking for me, I was intrigued that eastern thought reduced God to something ELSE really on a lower plan of being then myself. A vibration, a Force, a Oneness, a something that is not a living Person.

But the Bible has the Word became flesh and tabernacle among us (John 1:14). And this ultimate God proves to be the most beautiful Person, and a man like me. Yet a perfect man. A Friend He is. A Physician and Good Shepherd He is. A Savior and interceding High Priest He is. And One who can live in me in union and oneness of life.

I could never go back to a program like a system of Reincarnation as my god. For such a system, however clever, is beneath me in being.

It is better to let God have His rightful place as a transcending Person. A system cannot love. I need love. You need love too. Even FMF needs a lot of love.

So I recommend Jesus Christ the Lord. And that because He is the truth.

Who acted more like He as "the truth" in history then Jesus Christ ? You may certainly name NAMES.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19
1 edit

Ghost,

Reincarnation involves the same soul being reborn in a cycle of rebirth until enlightenment ends this process.

Love is lacking in your system of Reincarnation. It is still a lifeless and clever Program as such. It is not a SOMEONE. It is something that a SOMEONE would have had to set up.

Can you explain the source of the existence of this program?

Reincarnation (and karma) would make absolutely no sense if this continuation of the soul did not take place. - Contemplate on that as much as you like, it won't enable you to re-write the meaning of reincarnation.

I don't claim to be an expert on Reincarnation.

If you know a lot about it you can tell us Why the NEED for a karma correcting system exists in the first place.

Why is it that souls are in need of going through the program of coming back again and again until purity?

Say something about that. Where the NEED for Reincarnation originated in the first place.

How would you feel if I repeatedly misrepresented an important concept from Christianity, even after being informed of my error?'

You have an opportunity now to educate us.

Why did the very NEED for a system of rebirth and purification arise in existence in the first place?

You see, in the revelation of the Bible I can tell you of the history of a great angelic being created high in God's order REBELLED and became the source of another will and the cause of the collapse of mankind and the need for reconciliation.

Where came the NEED for Reincarnation ?

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

Latest sonship gimmick: pretending Ghost of a Duke believes in reincarnation in order to dodge the actual point that Ghost of a Duke made.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Have you seen a film called Dr Strangelove?

Yes.
Well then, its central satirical point about deterrence ought to give you pause for thought.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19

@FMF

Maybe you saw the movie. Nothing jumps out at me that you even did.

So what's your point about Stanley Kubrick's satirical take on World War III ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19
2 edits

@FMF

Latest sonship gimmick: pretending Ghost of a Duke believes in reincarnation in order to dodge the actual point that Ghost of a Duke made.

There is no gimmick here genius. Ghost is espousing the logic of Reincarnation. Whether and how deeply he personally is committed to it I do not know.

I said he could trust it if he wished.

Gimmicks ? Here's one of yours - "Never act like you have A belief. Remain the perpetual examiner and questioner. Keep the lover of Christ on the defensive ever. When asked to describe your better belief boast that you are not here to proselytize."

There's a gimmick of false humility and false "tolerance" to cloak your CLUELESSNESS about life on earth.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Maybe you saw the movie. Nothing jumps out at me that you even did.

So what's your point about Stanley Kubrick's satirical take on World War III ?
Watch it again. The key scene will jump out at you.

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
Gimmicks ? Here's one of yours - "Never act like you have A belief. Remain the perpetual examiner and questioner. Keep the lover of Christ on the defensive ever. When asked to describe your better belief boast that you are not here to proselytize."
This description is not one of a "gimmick".

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
There's a gimmick of false humility and false "tolerance" to cloak your CLUELESSNESS about life on earth.
I don't think I have "cluelessness" about life on Earth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19

@FMF

Humor me. Explain your point.

The movie is about the insane mutual paranoia of two super powers and how things could get out of hand.

It was dark humor. It was the satirical side of another film around that time called Failsafe.

Explain your connection here of the Bible and Dr. Strangelove .

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Humor me. Explain your point.

The movie is about the insane mutual paranoia of two super powers and how things could get out of hand.

It was dark humor. It was the satirical side of another film around that time called Failsafe.

Explain your connection here of the Bible and Dr. Strangelove .
No.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 19
1 edit

@FMF

I don't think I have "cluelessness" about life on Earth.

If I drop my belief in Christ the Son of God (if it were possible for me) and picked up your belief, your world view, of what benefit would it be to me?

Especially in questions I have like:

Why is there something rather than nothing?
Where did we as human come from?
Why are we here in the universe?
What is the destiny of the world?
What can make me right with my conscience ?
What can make all people be united as one?

My Gospel addresses all these probing questions.
You have something better?
What is it? Atheism ??

Say a little about HOW SO.