Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 00:23
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It is.

Especially since divegeester can't follow through.

If you hang around long enough, Mr. Moo, you'll get used to it. 🙂
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 00:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It's lead to some interesting posts and some questions that are awaiting an answer.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 00:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 00:58
    @fmf said
    It's lead to some interesting posts and some questions that are awaiting an answer.
    It’s led to nothing but yawns and questions no one’s read or wants to expend the effort to answer. This thread was a mistake and I think everyone knows it. Let’s not pretend it was interesting or worthwhile.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 01:10
    @plantermoo said
    It’s led to nothing but yawns and questions no one’s read or wants to expend the effort to answer. This thread was a mistake and I think everyone knows it. Let’s not pretend it was interesting or worthwhile.
    I suggest you start a thread you think is good. You declaring that you don't find this one interesting isn't a very interesting contribution.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 03:39
    @fmf said
    I suggest you start a thread you think is good. You declaring that you don't find this one interesting isn't a very interesting contribution.
    I’m just trying to provide guidance on how one should create an interesting OP.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 03:46
    @fmf said
    Your belief that these events actually happened - as written down by Hebrews decades, centuries and even millenia after they supposedly took place - is entirely within the realm of your personal subjectivity.
    The miracles were written down in the Gospels within several decades of their occurrence, and Jesus Christ’s Resurrection was recorded by the Apostle Paul in one of his epistles earlier than that.

People back then didn’t have a printing press so communication was mostly through speech. And the apostles obviously had other things to do after Christ’s Resurrection, such as establishing churches and preaching the Good News.

Where in the world did you ever get the idea the miracles of Jesus Christ were recorded in the Gospels centuries and millennia after their occurrence?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 03:46
    @fmf said
    Do you think this assertion also applies, objectively, to all miracles as recorded by all religions throughout all human history?
    Such as….
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 04:511 edit
    @plantermoo said
    Where in the world did you ever get the idea the miracles of Jesus Christ were recorded in the Gospels centuries and millennia after their occurrence?
    The post you are replying to is referring to events depicted in the Torah/ Old Testament.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 04:551 edit
    @plantermoo said
    Such as….
    Such as the ones found in all religions throughout all of human history. If you are not aware of miracles other than those that form part of the Abrahamic religions, that's fine by me, but it's not something I personally am going to enlighten you about.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 04:57
    @plantermoo said
    I’m just trying to provide guidance on how one should create an interesting OP.
    Feel free to start a thread or threads that have interesting OPs.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 07:29
    @josephw said
    Especially since divegeester can't follow through.
    The OP is designed for interested persons to comment of the two types of biblical interpretation. You are welcome to comment on it if there is something you have to say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree