eve and her std's

eve and her std's

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I don't find that treating a Christians religious beliefs by reducing it to references to sexually transmitted diseases or stating as others have done that God has a penis as being particularly amusing, nor subtle, nor funny, then again, i suspect that we share different values. Then again I am constantly astounded as to what passes for spirituality ...[text shortened]... ssertions to me personally instead of bitching about it to others. Thanks in advance - Robbie.
im sure we do have different values when it comes to things related to sex. i dont see talking about sex as a 'reduction'. it seems like an insult to the being who created it to refer to it as such.

whats with all the amateur dramatics to my comment to divegeester? youve gone down like louis suarez tripping over a blade of grass. im fully aware you are going to read the post, so its hardly bitching behind your back is it?

stop rolling around on the grass holding your shin and get up, get on with the game and start taking the tackles like proper scotsman.

(its national football analogy day)

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jan 13

it appeared to me that the proposer was painting a picture of some kind of utopia and ignoring certain self evident realities, now while i know hat such poetic license may be beyond the scope of many users more used to mundane reasoning, i reserve the right to employ it, as an artist.
So you deliberately misrepresented another poster under the guise of 'art'? Is that what you're saying?

F

Moves
28 Jan 13

no one is denying that progress has been made, but will you acknowledge the realities that i have listed or at least make reference to them in your post. Simply ignoring them will not make them go away.
In terms of greed , corruption, inequality, injustice, exploitation, wars and ethnic strife, problems are still evident, but I think the world is a better place now than it was 50 years ago, 100 years ago, 200 years ago and so on. Indicator after indicator would suggest so. Justice and human rights are improving all around the world. People are more and more empowered to speak out against greed and corruption and exploitation, the number of wars and number of people killed in them is on the decline, ethnic strife has been a feature of the human condition for centuries but a growing civil society is tackling it. There is much to be positive about.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
If you concede that "no one is denying that advancement has been made" then I don't see why you cannot understand that we are making progress, or at least why people might be optimistic and positive. The fact that problems "are still evident" does not mean there has not been advancement and there is not progress and it does not - in my view - justify being as pessimistic and negative as you are about the world.
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

(Daniel 12:4 NKJV)

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
im sure we do have different values when it comes to things related to sex. i dont see talking about sex as a 'reduction'. it seems like an insult to the being who created it to refer to it as such.

whats with all the amateur dramatics to my comment to divegeester? youve gone down like louis suarez tripping over a blade of grass. im fully aware you ...[text shortened]... me and start taking the tackles like proper scotsman.

(its national football analogy day)
I find such posts as eve and sexually transmitted diseases and does God have a penis and the ribaldry which followed as being distasteful and offensive. Would it not have been better to ask what is the origin of STD's or why is God termed male in a Biblical context? why the need for degrading it to such depths of depravity?

There are no amateur dramatics, i will simply be pleased that if you have concerns regarding my behaviour that you relate them to me personally instead of to others.

Louis Suarez is legend but not as good as Vanger Love, Brazilian genius.

F

Moves
28 Jan 13

I can assure you that if i have concerns about your behaviour you will be the first to know.
Does what you insist from stellpalfie also apply to you, yes or no?

F

Moves
28 Jan 13

i will simply be pleased that if you have concerns regarding my behaviour that you relate them to me personally instead of to others.
Will what you are asking of stellspalfie here, be something you will also conform to by stopping your little "bitching" dialogues about other posters with galveston75?

F

Moves
28 Jan 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

(Daniel 12:4 NKJV)
Daniel 12:4 has nothing to tell us about human progress as it is in the 21st century.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jan 13

I find such posts as eve and sexually transmitted diseases and does God have a penis and the ribaldry which followed as being distasteful and offensive. Would it not have been better to ask what is the origin of STD's or why is God termed male in a Biblical context? why the need for degrading it to such depths of depravity?

There are no amateur ...[text shortened]... stead of to others.

Louis Suarez is legend but not as good as Vanger Love, Brazilian genius.
Asking tongue in cheek if God has a willy is an act of 'depravity'. LOL!!!!!

That's tickled me.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So you deliberately misrepresented another poster under the guise of 'art'? Is that what you're saying?
It was not a deliberate misrepresentation, it was a poetic device, as in contrasting one position with another, doom laden with utopia. If it appears as a misrepresentation to you, then so be it, had the proposer made reference to some of the aspects which plague mankind instead of painting an unrealistic picture of 'progress', you may have a point, but as any references to said problems were omitted, my term, utopia was perfectly valid and rather artisticly employed if I do say so myself.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13

Asking tongue in cheek if God has a willy is an act of 'depravity'. LOL!!!!!

That's tickled me.
Yes quite, never the less, it would have simply been better to ask , why God is portrayed as a male without the need to make reference to genitalia

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
Does what you insist from stellpalfie also apply to you, yes or no?
I can assure you that if i have concerns about stellpalfies behaviour he will be the first to know.

F

Moves
28 Jan 13

It was not a deliberate misrepresentation, it was a poetic device, as in contrasting one position with another, doom laden with utopia. If it appears as a misrepresentation to you, then so be it, had the proposer made reference to some of the aspects which plague mankind instead of painting an unrealistic picture of 'progress', you may have a point, ...[text shortened]... ted, my term, utopia was perfectly valid and rather artisticly employed if I do say so myself.
I think my views on the world are realistic even if your retort is that I am describing a "utopia". Nothing I have seen on my travels and five decades spent in various parts of this earth, living and working, has made me think it is a "utopia". And nothing I post ever suggests anything of the sort.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jan 13

Yes quite, never the less, it would have simply been better to ask , why God is portrayed as a male without the need to make reference to genitalia
Better for who?

F

Moves
28 Jan 13

robbie is saying I have made no reference to the problems around the world.