eve and her std's

eve and her std's

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
fine, but you are attacking his personality rather than the points that I raised.
I am "attacking" his unsubstantiated claims that the world has never been as as bad as it is now. There is a load of evidence to the contrary if one's spiritual prism will allow one to even consider it.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Did you watch the documentary about the Holocaust on BBC last night? What went on at Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen were acts of depravity. Not asking if God has a willy on a chess forum.
did we, Jehovah Witnesses get a mention on the holocaust program ?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jan 13

did we, Jehovah Witnesses get a mention on the holocaust program ?
No. It was one person's recollection of her times in the death camps.

Moves
28 Jan 13

for me.
'for me' exactly. we cannot cater for everybody can we and as long as we do not incite hatred or violence then the freedom of speech should trump your blushing cheeks, should it not.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I am "attacking" his unsubstantiated claims that the world has never been as as bad as it is now. There is a load of evidence to the contrary if one's spiritual prism will allow one to even consider it.
Yes, but in doing so you also ignored certain realities. I am merely suggesting that you need to be more balanced. Only yesterday i was reading History magazine in which there was an article on the suffragettes who were force fed and who went through much tribulation in their quest to be politicly represented, would it be fair of me to state that much progress has been made with regard to womens rights while ignoring the fact that elsewhere women are still essentially disenfranchised, especially in eastern and Islamic states? No it would be more balanced to juxtapose the two.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13

No. It was one person's recollection of her times in the death camps.
ok.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
'for me' exactly. we cannot cater for everybody can we and as long as we do not incite hatred or violence then the freedom of speech should trump your blushing cheeks, should it not.
no, the forums are frequented by many Christians i am sure they find it just as offensive as i to have our religious beliefs trod on by such a portrayal.

I need to go to work.

F

Moves
28 Jan 13

Yes, but in doing so you also ignored certain realities. I am merely suggesting that you need to be more balanced. Only yesterday i was reading History magazine in which there was an article on the suffragettes who were force fed and who went through much tribulation in their quest to be politicly represented, would it be fair of me to state that m ...[text shortened]... elsewhere women are still essentially disenfranchised, especially in eastern and Islamic states?
The lot of women around the world is vastly improved in most areas compared to the times of "the suffragettes". There is still much to be done.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
The lot of women around the world is vastly improved in most areas compared to the times of "the suffragettes". There is still much to be done.
Yes.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jan 13

no, the forums are frequented by many Christians i am sure they find it just as offensive as i to have our religious beliefs trod on by such a portrayal.
I find your attitudes towards sexual organs 'depraved'.

F

Moves
28 Jan 13

Yes, but in doing so you also ignored certain realities. I am merely suggesting that you need to be more balanced.
Do you think that you and galveston75 "need to be more balanced" too?

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13

I find your attitudes towards sexual organs 'depraved'.
yes, quite, I am sure you do.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think that you and galveston75 "need to be more balanced" too?
no, we are awesome.

F

Moves
28 Jan 13

Yes.
Other areas of advancement/progress causing reasons for optimism: civil society, health, education, human rights, environmental awareness, literacy, falling infant mortality, falling maternal mortality, life expectancy, participation and democracy, rule of law, decrease in violence etc. Progress, reasons to be positive? "Yes". Is galveston75's JW take on the state of the world and the human condition persuasive in the face of all the evidence? No, I think not.

Moves
28 Jan 13

why is it offensive to for me to suggest eve had stds, when you believe she and adam are the root cause of cancer, malaria, rape, pedophilia, violence all mental and physical deformities and anything else created by sin. galveston even agreed that adam and eve were the cause of std's.

'as i to have our religious beliefs trod on by such a portrayal' you are doing a louis suarez again. your beliefs are not being 'trod' on, they are being questioned. it feels like you are desperate to play the victim card today robbie.