Don't hate the word

Don't hate the word "church"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Jun 18

Originally posted by @sonship
God's truth certainly like Him, is holy. And Jesus warned us not to give that which is holy to the dogs.
Do you think you are "holy"? Why would you think that I, an atheist, would be worried about whether I was more or less "holy" than you? It's absurd, sonship.

F

Moves
10 Jun 18

Although the exhortation of Jesus there sounds like an insult, I don't think it really is. I think He is saying that if people have a unclean dog or pig nature towards His salvation, don't allow them the opportunity to be self eaten up by those wild characteristics.

Don't fuel their germs to spread within them more and more.
"Germs"? What "germs" are you talking about?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
5 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
Do you think you are "holy"? Why would you think that I, an atheist, would be worried about whether I was more or less "holy" than you? It's absurd, sonship.
It has nothing to do with your "worry" or lack thereof.
Your atheism is absurd.

That's why the questions I asked of you received silence. Or they met with your handwaving that - over there, back then, that time, on the other page ... you answered them.

You never did.
You'll never be able to because your atheism is absurd.

F

Moves
10 Jun 18

It has nothing to do with your "worry" or lack thereof.
Your atheism is absurd.

That's why the questions I asked of you received silence. Or handwaving that other there, back then, that time, on the other page ... you answered them.

You never did.
You'll never be able to because your atheism is absurd.
Why would you project onto me the idea that I am trying to be less "holy" than-thou? I don't think you are "holy". Do you believe that I am, in fact, "holy" to some degree, albeit less "holy" than you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

Why would you project onto me the idea that I am trying to be less "holy" than-thou? I don't think you are "holy". Do you believe that I am, in fact, "holy" to some degree, albeit less "holy" than you?
Where did the universe come from?
The question is related to what is holy.

F

Moves
10 Jun 18

Neither of us know.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
1 edit

Neither of us know.
I believe that both of us know.
One of us is in denial about it.

You're the one in denial.
That's what I think.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

Anyone then

The question is related to what is holy.

F

Moves
10 Jun 18

How do you know that neither of us know?
Because I don't know. And you - in conversations with me about this - have conceded that you don't know either.

F

Moves
10 Jun 18

Neither of us do.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
2 edits

Because I don't know. And you - in conversations with me about this - have conceded that you don't know either.
I don't know by being a witness at the time it came into being.

We both know as we look at the creation that its source is of eternal power and divine nature.

For the purpose of this exchange, which i will not belabor for the too long here, that is the holiness of God.

God is different and distinct from all other things in existence. That difference is what the Bible calls holy.

I will not argue with you all morning.
There is some caveats.

1.) God alone is holy. God alone is different from all other things that exist.

2.) Certain things dedicated to God for His purpose are also called "holy". Their position in existence as related to His will make them holy in position.

3.) God's eternal purpose is to dispense Himself in His communicable attributes into man. This makes saved people not only holy in position - "saints", but also means they have a destiny to be mingled and blended with the holy God.

And this is why God predestinated some in Christ to be MADE holy. And He determined that before the foundation of the world - before the creation of the universe.

'Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be HOLY and without blemish before Him in love,

Predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will." (Eph. 1:4,5)

Now YOUR reaction is to turn now and trample this revelation under your feet and attack the messengers. The unclean dog nature and dirty pig nature of the fallen Satanified being will react to that which is the holy truth being set before it.

You will now display the "germs" at work in your heart.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

So leave him there. Step over and go on back to why I would say we should not despise the word "church" though it has been much, much spoiled.

The church, as I showed above, represents something in God's heart and plan BEFORE the creation of the very universe - "before the foundation of the world".

"Even as He chose us in Him BEFORE ... the foundation of the world to be holy ... "

The strong implication is that it is because of THIS purpose God the Creator laid the foundation of the world. It is for this purpose in His heart that He even created the universe.

That is to dispense and own some "sons" who share in His nature of being distinct from all other things in existence.

" ... He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be HOLY and without blemish before Him in love.

Predestinatng us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself,..."

Therefore "the church" is something of the eternal purpose of the Creator God. His good pleasure in His heart before He made the universe was to have the church.

A battle is raging over Christ obtaining then this church.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

God is distinct from all things in existence. He is the source of the universe, the Source of the laws of logic, the Source of being itself.

He is different from all things and is called "holy". God ALONE is "holy" by intrinsic nature.

"Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You ALONE are holy ... " (See Rev. 15:4)

Though the transcendent God ALONE is holy, distinct from all other things with being, He chose some human beings before the foundation of the world in Christ to be holy.

In light of the whole Bible this means :

1.) He SET them apart in a position dedicated to Him and His eternal purpose.

2.) His salvation causes Him to be imparted INTO their being. He will come into them to saturate them dispensing His life into them -- making them not only holy in position but holy in disposition.

This takes place in the church which Christ will build and which the gates of death will not prevail against.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Jun 18

One of us is in denial about it.

You're the one in denial.
That's what I think.
You are in denial
You don't know
That is what I think.

F

Moves
10 Jun 18

You will now display the "germs" at work in your heart.
What "germs"?