Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
I can accept; and i can see this as fact.
Thank you for your through response.
There really is no need for you to pull "troll moves" simply because you get ruffled in conversations.

Nor does asserting that you are "Christ-like" work.

I still contend that your asking of the question "...why would people do good works without some sort of belief in God or His goodness?" exhibits a baffling paucity of thought on this issue and probably a life-experience deficit on your part when it comes to the nature of "belief", "lack of belief" and where people get their moral compasses from.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
16 Jul 20

@fmf said
There really is no need for you to pull "troll moves" simply because you get ruffled in conversations.

Nor does asserting that you are "Christ-like" work.

I still contend that your asking of the question "...why would people do good works without some sort of belief in God or His goodness?" exhibits a baffling paucity of thought on this issue and probably a life-experienc ...[text shortened]... t comes to the nature of "belief", "lack of belief" and where people get their moral compasses from.
😆

S. Korea

Moves
16 Jul 20

@fmf said
I think the assertion "Everyone knows God whether they admit Him or not" is indeed a tangent. So I started a thread based on it. Here the assertion was abruptly sidestepping the thing that he and I were talking about. On its own thread, it can receive the attention it warrants.
It's a tangent!

So, I wanted to go and start a thread on someone else's tangent, to ensure that I could talk about it in a separate place..!

Now, it's no longer a tangent! It has a home!

Good move.

S. Korea

Moves
16 Jul 20

@rajk999 said
You guys are just stroking each other, and not discussing anything meaningful. If you think you are then please provide some evidence from the teachings of Christ that going to church and reading the bible constitute good works like King David claimed. Bear in mind that the story of the Good Samaritan shows that Christ condemns that notion by showing how simply going to chur ...[text shortened]... ible [practiced by the priest and Levite], without putting the teachings into practice is pointless.
I think everyone recognizes the necessity of actually practicing these things in addition to studying them and attending church.

We are told to go to Church and that the church is good,.

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

(Heb. 10:24, 25)

I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these things to you so that, if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of the truth.

(1 Tim. 3:14,15)

Etc.

What's the argument that Christians should not gather together in churches and study the words?

S. Korea

Moves
16 Jul 20

@fmf said
I still contend that your asking of the question "...why would people do good works without some sort of belief in God or His goodness?" exhibits a baffling paucity of thought on this issue and probably a life-experience deficit on your part when it comes to the nature of "belief", "lack of belief" and where people get their moral compasses from.
Wait!

Shouldn't he answer this in the new thread -- where there's less risk of him going off on a TANGENT?

What about the new thread?!

F

Moves
16 Jul 20

@philokalia said
What about the new thread?!
KingDavid403 ~ on the new thread ~ doesn't seem interested in his own assertion anymore and also seems to be confessing to trolling. It's a pity.

F

Moves
16 Jul 20

@philokalia said
It's a tangent!
FMF: "Belief in God" cannot be attributed to people who do not believe in God simply because they do good.

KingDavid403: So you truly think that you, everyone you know, life around us and in us, the cosmos, etc. Are all just a fluke? Without God, everything would be just a fluke. What say you? I say everyone knows whether they admit Him or not.

If you don't see that as sidestepping, fair enough.

And if you yourself do not want to discuss the assertion that 'Everyone knows God whether they admit Him or not', then I suggest you avoid the new thread dedicated to it.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
16 Jul 20
4 edits

@fmf said
FMF: "Belief in God" cannot be attributed to people who do not believe in God simply because they do good.

KingDavid403: So you truly think that you, everyone you know, life around us and in us, the cosmos, etc. Are all just a fluke? Without God, everything would be just a fluke. What say you? I say everyone knows whether they admit Him or not.

If you don't se ...[text shortened]... e knows God whether they admit Him or not', then I suggest you avoid the new thread dedicated to it.
I spoke in absolutes again. My bad.
However, without a creator God, everything is just a fluke of the Cosmos; is it not?
Remember your current stance.:
I am open-minded about there being a creator being.
Why is this?

F

Moves
16 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
I spoke in absolutes again. My bad.
Speaking in absolutes is not a big problem in a message board chat. Clumsilt evsding a question about your attribution of belief in God to people who don't believe in God by abruptly asking about the origins of the universe and asserting that non-believers simply don't "admit" that they are believers, is a conversational dodge.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
16 Jul 20
1 edit

@fmf said
Speaking in absolutes is not a big problem in a message board chat. Clumsilt evsding a question about your attribution of belief in God to people who don't believe in God by abruptly asking about the origins of the universe and asserting that non-believers simply don't "admit" that they are believers, is a conversational dodge.
Remember your current stance:
Why is this?
Without a creator God, everything is just a fluke of the Cosmos; is it not?

Read a book!

Moves
16 Jul 20

@FMF

I think Carl Sagan had the right answer:

He believed that God exists but that no one has found him yet.

F

Moves
16 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
However, without a creator God, everything is just a fluke of the Cosmos; is it not?
I don't know. But the leap from the possible existence of a creator being, on one hand, to notions of "salvation" and "eternal life" and so on, on the other, is one I leave to the religionists.

F

Moves
16 Jul 20

@handyandy said
@FMF

I think Carl Sagan had the right answer:

He believed that God exists but that no one has found him yet.
Not bad. That would be a deist version of my agnostic atheism.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
16 Jul 20
3 edits

@fmf said
I don't know. But the leap from the possible existence of a creator being, on one hand, to notions of "salvation" and "eternal life" and so on, on the other, is one I leave to the religionists.
I leave to the religionists.
lol... please show us where?
You have many posts in this thread. So how can you say this?

F

Moves
16 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
Remember your current stance:
Why is this?
My answer to this has not changed since 24 hours ago when you asked me the same question.