Demi-gods

Demi-gods

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I'm not happy about Hell, but its reality isn't based upon what I'm happy or unhappy about within the context.
I wonder what damage is done to your day-in-day-out moral compass by your having to use circular logic to render a morally incoherent doctrine like eternal torture "coherent" to you. Or, when you say you are "not happy about Hell", do you mean that you are not happy that, as a threat and as a punishment, it is morally incoherent?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
I wonder what damage is done to your day-in-day-out moral compass by your having to use circular logic to render a morally incoherent doctrine like eternal torture "coherent" to you. Or, when you say you are "not happy about Hell", do you mean that you are not happy that, as a threat and as a punishment, it is morally incoherent?
My compass has a baseline that God is good, evil is not, and when anyone chooses a life of evil within this temporary world will not be allowed into the eternal one.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
My compass has a baseline that God is good, evil is not, and when anyone chooses a life of evil within this temporary world will not be allowed into the eternal one.
Those who are evil "within this temporary world will not be allowed into the eternal one". I see. So, death is the end for the "evil"?

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Finding fault still, are you?
Sinner: Satan is going to torture me for eternity.

Kellyjay: Your always finding fault.

Moves
11 Jan 22

@the-gravedigger said

Actually it should read

Sinner: Jesus is going to torture me for eternity.

According to scripture in Revelation, literal scriptures apparently, it is Jesus who is in hell overseeing the eternal torture, not satan.

You have inadvertently highlighted one of the biggest misunderstandings of Christian apocalyptic prophecy I.e. that it is Satan who is the governor of hell, it isn’t, it’s Jesus himself.

All those cartoons you’ve seen of Satan in hell with a pitchfork, replace Satan with their version of Jesus.

Interesting isn’t it?

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
11 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Actually it should read

According to scripture in Revelation, literal scriptures apparently, it is Jesus who is in hell overseeing the eternal torture, not satan.

You have inadvertently highlighted one of the biggest misunderstandings of Christian apocalyptic prophecy I.e ...[text shortened]... Satan in hell with a pitchfork, replace Satan with their version of Jesus.

Interesting isn’t it?
Now that is interesting. Wonder what Kelly and Sonship have to say about that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
Those who are evil "within this temporary world will not be allowed into the eternal one". I see. So, death is the end for the "evil"?
Deaths end is predicted.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@the-gravedigger said

Satan is not a ruler of hell, it was created for him. He is going to be thrown in, his time is short.

Moves
11 Jan 22

@the-gravedigger said
Now that is interesting. Wonder what Kelly and Sonship have to say about that.
Usually as little as possible

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Satan is not a ruler of hell, it was created for him. He is going to be thrown in, his time is short.
Is the Lamb the ruler of hell?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Actually it should read

You have inadvertently highlighted one of the biggest misunderstandings of Christian apocalyptic prophecy I.e ...[text shortened]... Satan in hell with a pitchfork, replace Satan with their version of Jesus.

Interesting isn’t it?
As I said hell was created for Satan and his angels he is not the ruler of it, he is the ruler of this world who is going to suffer in it.

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
As I said hell was created for Satan and his angels he is not the ruler of it, he is the ruler of this world who is going to suffer in it.
It was a non sequitur. Anyway, my follow question to that assertion is there. Tell you what I’ll ask you again ok…

KellyJay is The Lamb the ruler in hell?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Is the Lamb the ruler of hell?
All things are put under Him.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Deaths end is predicted.
So you are turning into an annihilationist too, like josephw is?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
So you are turning into an annihilationist too, like josephw is?
Not at all anyone can cherry pick scriptures make them mean what they want to them; however, all text on every topic must be taken into account. That leaves no room for a temporary punishment with the torment lasting forever the two can’t be true at the same time.