Demi-gods

Demi-gods

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
But God’s Holy Spirit, the third part of the Trinity, does indwell Christians when they accept and believe in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection.

I think the Holy Bible is pretty clear on that.
And sonship uses that to his advantage. Christians see his language of God-ized or mingled and find it hard to swallow (as Joseph has stated) but because he links it to scripture there is a whiff of familiarity about it. Sonship smuggles deification into the Bible and goes under the radar of most Christians here.

Sonship is not however peddling the indwelling Holy Spirit inside Christians, he is elevating man to the divine.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

rain

Moves
09 Jan 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A favourite scriptural reference he will pluck out is 'sons of God.'

So what we have here is sonship 'mingling' Christianity with Greek mythology, where gods frequently shared their divinity with humans creating demi-gods. A Christian's ultimate destiny, apparently, is to become a Persius or a Hercules.
This concept existed in Genesis 6, with the "Nephilim:

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown".

They do seem like demi-gods, similar to Hercules or Persius.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Let's be clear here. Sonship, for some time, has been drip feeding the notion into this forum that we are demi-gods, mingled with the divine. That we (Christians at least) have become God-ized.

A favourite scriptural reference he will pluck out is 'sons of God.' He will then use his favourite analogy. 'A son of a horse is a horse.'

When challenged about his be ...[text shortened]... reating demi-gods. A Christian's ultimate destiny, apparently, is to become a Persius or a Hercules.
Oh good God!

Let's be clear and talk about the truth.

My favorite subject.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jan 22
5 edits

Sonship is not however peddling the indwelling Holy Spirit inside Christians, he is elevating man to the divine.

The New Testament teaches the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the saved in many places. Just one -

"In this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, that He has given to us of His Spirit."(1 John 4:13)

The blasphemer atheist doesn't believe in God and rejects the Spirit of God indwelling those who believe in Christ.

Secondly, as long as Christ is the HEAD of the Body whatever extent salvation brings us to we will never usurp the position of the HEAD.

"And He [Christ] is the Head of the Body, the church . . . " (Col. 1:18a)

And the God and Father is in all the members of the Body yet forever "over all" too.

No matter to what extent salvation brings us it will never make it that the God and Father is no longer "over all" .

"One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (Eph. 4:6)

Furthermore, Jesus Christ has a name far above all not only in THIS age but in the AGE TO COME.

" and seating Him at His right hand in the heavenlies, Far above all rule and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named not only in this age but also in that which is to come." (EPh. 1:21)

To WHATEVER state salvation and deification bring the saved, no name and no one or no ones will ever usurp His highest name above all or replace Him as "Far above all . . . etc."

Christians can believe in our glorification, or deification, our transfiguration and becoming "like Him" without fear we are undoing the Most High or competing with the Head.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Jan 22

@sonship said

The blasphemer atheist doesn't believe in God and rejects the Spirit of God indwelling those who believe in Christ.

Christians can believe in our glorification, or deification, our transfiguration and becoming "like Him" without fear we are undoing the Most High or competing with the Head.
Actually, the blasphemy accusation was made towards you, by a Christian.

And look at you hiding deification between glorification and transfiguration. Comedy gold.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
But God’s Holy Spirit, the third part of the Trinity, does indwell Christians when they accept and believe in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection.

I think the Holy Bible is pretty clear on that.
The New Testament itself always interprets the spiritual birth which makes believers sons, not as a conversion of men into gods, but as a renewal in the MORAL likeness of God, produced by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and resulting in an intimate relationship with God as a Father who provides for His children's needs (Matt. 5:9,45; 6:8,10,32; 7:11,21; Rom. 8:14-17; Gal. 4:6-7; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1-5).

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/godsrus.htm

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Let's be clear here. Sonship, for some time, has been drip feeding the notion into this forum that we are demi-gods, mingled with the divine. That we (Christians at least) have become God-ized.

A favourite scriptural reference he will pluck out is 'sons of God.' He will then use his favourite analogy. 'A son of a horse is a horse.'

When challenged about his be ...[text shortened]... reating demi-gods. A Christian's ultimate destiny, apparently, is to become a Persius or a Hercules.
Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

MUCH more than a Persius or a Hercules.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jan 22
4 edits

Apparently the Apostle Paul included in the reward of Christ's coming that Christ would be "marveled at" in those who are so transfigured as well as transformed morally.

"When He comes to be glorified in His saints and to be marveled at in all those who have believed . . . " ( 2 Thess. 1:10a)

Today we who follow the Lord into sanctification are not usually "marveled at". We certainly appear as other typical men and women, boys and girls. The day will come when the inward Christ is "glorified" within accompanying the moral conformation to Jesus with a miraculous splendor of transfiguration causing people of that age to react with marvel.

The transfiguration of Jesus was His preview to the three disciples, Peter, James and John of the manifestation of His kingdom of God.

"Truly I say to you, There are some of those standing here who shall by no means taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.

And after six days Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John . . . and brought them up to a high mountain. And He was TRANSFIGURED before them, and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as the light." (Matt. 16:28-17:2)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jan 22
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

And look at you hiding deification between glorification and transfiguration. Comedy gold.

The God who is able to subject all things to Himself accompanies the moral transformation with a glorious manifestation of His visible splendor. That is God's business and not man's overreach. And of course it is not comical in any way.

"For our commonwealth exists in the heavens, from which we also eagerly await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of His glory, according to the operation by which He is able even to subjet all things to HImself." (Phil. 3:21)

No wonder Jesus said the righteous sons of God would shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.

"Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear." (Matt. 13:43)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jan 22
2 edits

At that time they will be marveled at because the glorified Christ is evern visibly manifested from within them.

"When He comes to be glorified in His saints and to be marveled at in al those who have believed (because our testimony to you was believed) in that day." (2 Thess. 1:10 )

But the atheists who reject God and the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ will not have this enjoyment. Rather they will be under the vengeance of eternal destruction.

"And to you who are being afflicted, rest with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ from heaven with the angels of His power, in flaming fire, Rendering vengeance to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

They will pay the penalty of eternal destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His strength when He comes to be glorified in His saints . . . etc." (vs. 7-10)

So you should repent and believe in God and obey the gospel of Jesus Christ so that you might be saved.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

MUCH more than a Persius or a Hercules.
Indeed. The New Testament itself always interprets the spiritual birth which makes believers sons, not as a conversion of men into gods, but as a renewal in the moral likeness of God, produced by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Sonship believes differently to the New Testament.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jan 22

@sonship said

But the atheists who reject God and the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ will not have this enjoyment. Rather they will be under the vengeance of eternal destruction.
'But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive opinions.' 2 Peter 2

I wouldn't be so sanctimonious in your own eternal salvation sonship. I don't think God looks kindly on false teachers who try to corrupt His flock.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Indeed. The New Testament itself always interprets the spiritual birth which makes believers sons, not as a conversion of men into gods, but as a renewal in the moral likeness of God, produced by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Sonship believes differently to the New Testament.
What is in store for us? I'm not pretending to know. As far as I can tell, we are told it has not entered into the heart of man what God has planned. God who is everywhere in His completeness, and we are being adopted into His family, being a glorified human man not much different than a man like those of demi-gods of old seems relatively small.

Moves
11 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
What is in store for us? I'm not pretending to know.
Then why do you so adamantly stand in support of the most heinous torture future for non Christians?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Then why do you so adamantly stand in support of the most heinous torture future for non Christians?
Finding fault still, are you? I'm not happy about Hell, but its reality isn't based upon what I'm happy or unhappy about within the context. I have to take all of the scriptures as they are; unlike you, I cannot just ignore some passages or books because I don't like what they say.