1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Mar '22 22:49
    @divegeester said
    It’s your belief, not mine, it’s your doctrine, not mine.

My assertion is that the doctrine is an indefensible moral abhorrence which puts people off of the good news of Christ… that is because when the unsaved hear of the notion that this version of Jesus who died for them because he loved them will alternatively be in a hellish place of his creation overseeing them b ...[text shortened]... this alternative version of the loving Jesus.
    Or as I suspect, you will just keep it under wraps.
    If the good news of Christ is that people can spend an eternity at a cocktail party with @divegeester, there's no telling how many might prefer Hell.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Mar '22 22:51
    @kevin-eleven said
    If the good news of Christ is that people can spend an eternity at a cocktail party with @divegeester, there's no telling how many might prefer Hell.
    Amen to that.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Mar '22 14:56
    Less we forget, when sonship speaks of 'WE-IZED' and of God's intention of mass-producing the mingling of humanity and divinity, any Christian worth their salt should distance themselves from him and highlight his fundamental error in misappropriating scripture.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Mar '22 16:133 edits
    Less we forget that the apostles who were so mature in Christ, that when some people wanted to make them demi-gods, refused to let them do it.

Acts 14:11-15

And when the crowds saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voice, saying in Lycaonian, The gods have become like men and have come down to us.

And they called Barnabas, Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, since he was the one who took the lead in the discourse.

And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was before the city, brought bulls and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer a sacrifice with the crowds. But when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard this, they tore their garments and rushed out into the crowd, crying out

And saying, Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men of like feeling as you, and announce the gospel to you that you should turn from these vain things to the living God, who made heaven and earth and the sea and all things in them;
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    10 Mar '22 17:211 edit
    Maybe there's some kind of sliding scale involved between individuation and deification -- i.e., one cannot exist at both ends of the spectrum at the same time?

Or maybe some people do end up popping out their own bubble cosmoses -- but I don't have the wide-angle-view to know whether that is what happens.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Mar '22 08:101 edit
    @sonship said
    Sonship is not however peddling the indwelling Holy Spirit inside Christians, he is elevating man to the divine.

The New Testament teaches the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the saved in many places. Just one -

"In this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, that He has given to us of His Spirit."(1 John 4:13)

The blasphemer at ...[text shortened]... and becoming "like Him" without fear we are undoing the Most High or competing with the Head.
    Sonship, I am genuinely puzzled about what you think is implied by man's "transfiguration" or whatever you want to call it. Do you think transfigured people are going to be able to perform miracles, such as turning water into wine or healing lepers or bringing dead people back to life? And please don't waffle ('All things are possible for Him' or some such piffle).
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '22 11:125 edits
    @moonbus

Sonship, I am genuinely puzzled about what you think is implied by man's "transfiguration" or whatever you want to call it. Do you think transfigured people are going to be able to perform miracles, such as turning water into wine or healing lepers or bringing dead people back to life? And please don't waffle ('All things are possible for Him' or some such piffle).

If your conteptuous expression "some such piffle" means you have already set your will power to dismiss any answer I might offer from the Bible, it would be somewhat of a waste of time to reply.

You signal that you intend to dismiss as "some such piffle" a biblical reply.
    I think this is your loss to have a padlocked mind to what the Bible would say.

The NT testament speaks to those in the church age as having "tasted the powers of the age to come."

" . . . those who have one been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come . . . " (Hebrews 6:5)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '22 11:141 edit
    Having "tasted of the powers of the age to come" means some have already before transfiguration had some foretaste of abilities more fully manifested after the second coming of Christ.

The soul which has been conformed in attitudes, tastes, inclination to the soul of Jesus will be responsible. Tricksters, showoffs, attention seekers, or irresponsible grand standers are not the kind of people God bestows His gifts upon.

Oneness in mind, emotion, will, concience, and a mature sense of responsibility with the Lord Jesus and sensativity to what He wants, will be enjoyed during the manifestation of the sons of God during the millennial kingdom.

If you read the story of Samson in the book of Judges you'll see a negative example of a God sent man with mighty abilities whose inner soul was weak towards God. As a result he was taken down by other lustful things in his being over which he had insufficient self control.

Samson, the mighty man of God lost his consecration, his eyes and his sight and his life because in spite of his outward mighty ability to perform the miraculous powers his soul remained unconformed to the spiritual wisdom he needed.

That kind of embalance we should not expect in the coming kingdom age.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Mar '22 11:32
    @sonship said
    Having "tasted of the powers of the age to come" means some have already before transfiguration had some foretaste of abilities more fully manifested after the second coming of Christ.

The soul which has been conformed in attitudes, tastes, inclination to the soul of Jesus will be responsible. Tricksters, showoffs, attention seekers, or irresponsible grand stan ...[text shortened]... tual wisdom he needed.

That kind of embalance we should not expect in the coming kingdom age.
    So what exactly are the "powers of the age to come"? Power to heal the sick and raise the dead?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '22 11:441 edit
    @moonbus

They would definitely include divine healing.

I don't know about risings from the dead.

Though one must not consider the acts occasionally seen in the Bible were miscellaneous and unrelated things. All were purposely done to form a full tapestry of what the man in oneness with God may be according to what He wants done.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Mar '22 11:49
    @sonship said
    @moonbus

They would definitely include divine healing.

I don't know about risings from the dead.

Though one must not consider the acts occasionally seen in the Bible were miscellaneous and unrelated things. All were purposely done to form a full tapestry of what the man in oneness with God may be according to what He wants done.
    Do you believe you personally will have these powers ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '22 12:525 edits
    @moonbus

Yes, if I am an overcomer and so rewarded to reign as a co-king with Christ. That is the promise to the co-kings - to reign with Him. This is conditional upon reigning in life as HIs followers in the church age.

Did you ever read the parable of the servants given talents in Matthew 25:14-30. Read it again and notice:

"His master said to him, Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful over a few things; I will set you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master." (v.21)

Today in Jesus we learn control over our selves.
    When He comes that self control in the Holy Spirit will be amplified into
    supernatural reigning power to co-manage that world then with Him and the other co-reigners.

We in Jesus Christ be faithful over a few things in the church age will be rewarded to enter into His joy and ruling over the earth in the age to come.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Mar '22 13:09
    @sonship said

Yes, if I am an overcomer and so rewarded to reign as a co-king with Christ.
    Blasphemy!
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Mar '22 14:55
    @sonship said
    @moonbus

Yes, if I am an overcomer and so rewarded to reign as a co-king with Christ. That is the promise to the co-kings - to reign with Him. This is conditional upon reigning in life as HIs followers in the church age.

Did you ever read the parable of the servants given talents in [b] ...[text shortened]... the church age will be rewarded to enter into His joy and ruling over the earth in the age to come.
    Methinks you presume too much.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Mar '22 15:32
    @sonship said
    "tasted of the powers of the age to come"
    brainstem
    brainstem
    dreamer

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree