1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 15:402 edits
    @kellyjay said
    "Here is my question…yet AGAIN. "

You were given answers; God is in control, God is sovereign over everything, nothing is outside of His dominion, and yet you ask as if that means Hell has nothing to do with God. The entire creation and everything in it belong to God, without exception, so what is it you think the ruler of Hell does that that Jesus could not possibly be the one in charge, He has people thrown into it.
    It’s your belief, not mine, it’s your doctrine, not mine.

My assertion is that the doctrine is an indefensible moral abhorrence which puts people off of the good news of Christ… that is because when the unsaved hear of the notion that this version of Jesus who died for them because he loved them will alternatively be in a hellish place of his creation overseeing them being burnt alive for eternity because they failed to believe in him…because of this very notion of him doing it…is totally absurd, totally amoral, logically incomprehensible and in short a farcical undermining of the gospel.

Good luck with it next time you tell someone lost about this alternative version of the loving Jesus.
    Or as I suspect, you will just keep it under wraps.
  2. Standard memberFilthyHerman
    Lover of Great Apes
    Brasov Zoo
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 22:49
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Let's be clear here. Sonship, for some time, has been drip feeding the notion into this forum that we are demi-gods,

So what we have here is sonship 'mingling' Christianity with Greek mythology, where gods frequently shared their divinity with humans creating demi-gods. A Christian's ultimate destiny, apparently, is to become a Persius or a Hercules.
    I think that there were demi gods, but not sure about now. All over the world there are these legends of cross breeding, even in the bible Gen 6:4.

I sometimes wonder if things like Yeti, and Bigfoot are the distant relatives ?

I think that I migt be, you can tell be the handsome profile 😆
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 23:10
    @divegeester said

My assertion is that the doctrine is an indefensible moral abhorrence which puts people off of the good news of Christ… that is because when the unsaved hear of the notion that this version of Jesus who died for them because he loved them will alternatively be in a hellish place of his creation overseeing them b ...[text shortened]... this alternative version of the loving Jesus.
    We all have opinions; we are not talking about opinions; what does the scripture say that matters here, not if you find what is in the scripture to be indefensibly morally abhorrent or not. You pick "A" scripture and use it to reject other scripture; your views on how God should act are not the standard; it is how we believe aligns with the whole book. If our views mean conflict where some scripture is at odds with other scripture, the scripture is not at fault we are.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 22:55
    On a cosmic scale, I think the true demi-gods (if they exist) are more likely to be observers than doers or troublemakers. It's usually the little ones who are the scrappiest.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 00:55
    @divegeester said

My assertion is that the doctrine is an indefensible moral abhorrence which puts people off of the good news of Christ… that is because when the unsaved hear of the notion that this version of Jesus who died for them because he loved them will alternatively be in a hellish place of his creation overseeing them b ...[text shortened]... this alternative version of the loving Jesus.
    Somehow it seems you might be to some extent willingly trapped in a hairball not of your own making, just because you like to show off how much of a fighter you are.

Relax into the Light, relax into the Emanator. Something is better than nothing.

Stop knitting with yarns and brambles full of thorns.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:59
    @kevin-eleven said
    Somehow it seems you might be to some extent willingly trapped in a hairball not of your own making, just because you like to show off how much of a fighter you are.

Relax into the Light, relax into the Emanator. Something is better than nothing.

Stop knitting with yarns and brambles full of thorns.
    <<Relax into the Light, relax into the Emanator. Something is better than nothing.

Stop knitting with yarns and brambles full of thorns.>>

Did you take a course at your community college to learn how to speak like that?

Or is that pseudo-intellectual gibberish what comes to mind when you’re tripping on acid and staring into your lava lamp?
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 02:01
    @pb1022 said
    <<Relax into the Light, relax into the Emanator. Something is better than nothing.

Stop knitting with yarns and brambles full of thorns.>>

Did you take a course at your community college to learn how to speak like that?

Or is that pseudo-intellectual gibberish what comes to mind when you’re tripping on acid and staring into your lava lamp?
    Just writing from experience. You?
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 17:33
    DEIFICATION—BECOMING GOD - By Witness Lee

'We are told in the New Testament that we are “partakers of the divine nature” and that “we will be like Him.” This means that we are becoming God in life and nature.'

As a 'son of God' sonship believes he will/is becoming God in life and nature. For all his wordy diatribes and scriptural references/twisting, that's what it boils down to.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Mar '22 15:48
    When sonship speaks of 'WE-IZED' and of God's intention of mass-producing the mingling of humanity and divinity, any Christian worth their salt should distance themselves from him and highlight his fundamental error in misappropriating scripture.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Mar '22 17:412 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Let's be clear here. Sonship, for some time, has been drip feeding the notion into this forum that we are demi-gods, mingled with the divine. That we (Christians at least) have become God-ized.

A favourite scriptural reference he will pluck out is 'sons of God.' He will then use his favourite analogy. 'A son of a horse is a horse.'

When challenged about his be ...[text shortened]... reating demi-gods. A Christian's ultimate destiny, apparently, is to become a Persius or a Hercules.
    Perhaps I was misled, but I was informed that Bronze-tier Christians would become lenses of Christ for the sake of burning the unbelieving ant-people of Earth.

J/K, of course -- starting my six-week quantum-PCR upgrade treatment in a few days, and am looking forward to joining the other Ascendeds at our global meetup at the end of May.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Mar '22 17:44
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    When sonship speaks of 'WE-IZED' and of God's intention of mass-producing the mingling of humanity and divinity, any Christian worth their salt should distance themselves from him and highlight his fundamental error in misappropriating scripture.
    Why? It's not as if he's been corrupting the inferred intent of Gilgamesh.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Mar '22 19:02
    @kevin-eleven said
    Why? It's not as if he's been corrupting the inferred intent of Gilgamesh.
    Seriously Kevin, sort yourself out.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Mar '22 19:04
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You've been reading Zenna Henderson, haven't you?
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Mar '22 19:56
    @divegeester said

Chronic Jackass 😉 -- Only the Truth is true.

Why thrash about in such a way?
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Mar '22 20:01
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Says yet another hot-headed administrator.

You can do better, Ghost, and I'm willing to be patient.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree