1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 02:48
    @divegeester said
    Finally! Pity giving an unequivocal answer gets you so upset.

Anyway, so now that you have conceded that your version of Jesus is the ruler in the hell, a hell which he created and prepared for the billions and billions of non Christians; how do you reconcile that particular duty of the Son with a loving merciful Jesus who wept over the single human death of Lazarus?
    How many different Jesus' do you think are in the scriptures? Only One and He has done what scripture said He did and will do the scriptures says He will, like it or not.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 04:24
    Finally! Pity giving an unequivocal answer gets you so upset.

Who prepared the eternal fire for the devil and his angels in Matt. 25:41 ?
    Divegeester ?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 06:18
    @kellyjay said
    Not at all anyone can cherry pick scriptures make them mean what they want to them; however, all text on every topic must be taken into account. That leaves no room for a temporary punishment with the torment lasting forever the two can’t be true at the same time.
    Temporary punishment?

Getting destroyed, body and soul, in the Lake of Fire seems rather permanent to me. You know, eternal.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 06:42
    @suzianne said
    Temporary punishment?

Getting destroyed, body and soul, in the Lake of Fire seems rather permanent to me. You know, eternal.
    When we look at anything in scripture, we have to look at all the texts that deal with it, and several all deal with it being an endless punishment, eternally. On top of that, the point was not everyone is going to be saved and forgiven, as some here seem to suggest, while there is without a doubt a distinction where some are saved, a few by comparison to the many that are not.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 12:49
    @kellyjay said
    When we look at anything in scripture, we have to look at all the texts that deal with it, and several all deal with it being an endless punishment, eternally. On top of that, the point was not everyone is going to be saved and forgiven, as some here seem to suggest, while there is without a doubt a distinction where some are saved, a few by comparison to the many that are not.
    It this “we have to look at the whole bible” riff going to be your “get out jail free” card every time you find yourself in a pinch?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 12:50
    @kellyjay said
    How many different Jesus' do you think are in the scriptures? Only One and He has done what scripture said He did and will do the scriptures says He will, like it or not.
    Stop dodging. Here is my question…AGAIN.

So now that you have conceded that your version of Jesus is the ruler in the hell, a hell which he created and prepared for the billions and billions of non Christians; how do you reconcile that particular duty of the Son with a loving merciful Jesus who wept over the single human death of Lazarus?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 14:48
    @divegeester said
    It this “we have to look at the whole bible” riff going to be your “get out jail free” card every time you find yourself in a pinch?
    I am not in a pinch. The scriptures are clear not everyone is going to be saved, some are going to have their names written in the book of life others not.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 14:54
    @kellyjay said
    I am not in a pinch. The scriptures are clear not everyone is going to be saved, some are going to have their names written in the book of life others not.
    Here is my question…AGAIN.

So now that you have conceded that your version of Jesus is the ruler in the hell, a hell which he created and prepared for the billions and billions of non Christians; how do you reconcile that particular duty of the Son with a loving merciful Jesus who wept over the single human death of Lazarus?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 15:47
    @divegeester said

God’s love for us caused Him to send Jesus to come and save us due to our fallen nature and the sins we have done. He did that so we would not face the wrath of God. We either accept this great salvation or not if we love our sins, if we deny Him, if we are not His all that was done for us will not be forthcoming we will die in our sins. So when we are judged either we are in Christ or not. If not the One who became sin for us judges accordingly.

You say rule Hell what are you suggesting?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 17:331 edit
    @kellyjay said
    God’s love for us caused Him to send Jesus to come and save us due to our fallen nature and the sins we have done. He did that so we would not face the wrath of God. We either accept this great salvation or not if we love our sins, if we deny Him, if we are not His all that was done for us will not be forthcoming we will die in our sins. So when we are judged either we are i ...[text shortened]... not the One who became sin for us judges accordingly.

You say rule Hell what are you suggesting?
    Here is my question…yet AGAIN.

11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 22:3410 edits
    It is quite interesting that the man who wrote that he and his co-workers labored to "present every man full-grown in Christ," (Col. 1:28) went to such extremes in Acts 14 to discourage anyone from worshipping them.

"And when the crowds saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voice, saying in Lycaonian, The gods have become like men and have come down to us. And they called Barnabus, Zeus, and Paul, Hernes, since he was the one who took the lead in the discurse.

And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was before the city, brought bulls and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer a sacrifice with the crowds. But when the apostles, Barnabus and Paul, heard this, they tore their garments and rushed out into the crowd, crying out and saying, Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men of like feeling as you, and announce the gospel to you that you should turn from these vain things to the living God, who made heaven and earth and the sea and all things in them." (Acts 14:11-15)

So much for the apostles of Christ wanting to be demi-gods.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 00:06
    @divegeester said

I'm asking the 2nd or 3rd time now, what does the ruler of Hell mean when you say it? What exactly do you mean, ruler of Hell? Jesus will rule over everything; why wouldn't hell be a part of His dominion?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 00:38
    @kellyjay said
    I'm asking the 2nd or 3rd time now, what does the ruler of Hell mean when you say it? What exactly do you mean, ruler of Hell? Jesus will rule over everything; why wouldn't hell be a part of His dominion?
    Here’s your scripture KellyJay.

“If anyone worships the beast he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever” (Revelation 14:9–11).

Now, will you be answering my question unequivocally?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 08:48
    @divegeester said

Actually, God prepared hell's eternal fire for the devil and his angels, when we joined his side of the rebellion we fall into the same fate.

Matthew 25:41
    “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 08:58
    @divegeester said

"Here is my question…yet AGAIN. "

You were given answers; God is in control, God is sovereign over everything, nothing is outside of His dominion, and yet you ask as if that means Hell has nothing to do with God. The entire creation and everything in it belong to God, without exception, so what is it you think the ruler of Hell does that that Jesus could not possibly be the one in charge, He has people thrown into it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree