Deification of man

Deification of man

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 21
2 edits

"Everyone who been begotten of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been begotten of God." (1 John 3:9)

This is men with the life of God implanted in them rendering them with a nature which cannot sin.

Why cannot such human beings with the seed of God abiding in them be described as "God-men?"

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Mar 21

@sonship said
"Everyone who been begotten of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been begotten of God." (1 John 3:9)

This is men with the life of God implanted in them rendering them with a nature which cannot sin.

Why cannot such human beings with the seed of God abiding in them be described as "God-men?"
I know exactly why you dont want to explain too much here. This passage and its resulting explantion will destroy your foolish OSAS doctrine.

His seed = Jesus Christ. Jesus is the good seed and the following the teachings of Jesus, will stop Christians from committing sins. Therefore if the seed [commandments of Christ] abides in the professed believer then he cannot sin.

The entire epistle of John here is dedicated to explaining how critical it is to keep the commandments

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 21
2 edits

"Everyone who has been begotten of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him, and he cannot sin, because he has been begotten of God" (1 John 3:9)

If an atheist scoffs at the idea that Jesus is alive or EVER LIVED, but he tries to keep "the commandments of Jesus," does God's seed abide in him?

F

Moves
21 Mar 21

@sonship said
If an atheist scoffs at the idea that Jesus is alive or EVER LIVED, but he admires
"the commandments of Jesus," does God's seed abide in him?
I believe Jesus lived. I believe what he is purported to have taught makes a sound basis as a code for living a good life and I more or less live by it or strive to. As a Christian, do you believe that "God's seed abides in" me?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 21
2 edits

Rajk999,

A relatively good person doesn't believe that God exists. He doesn't believe Jesus lived or is the Son of God. Yet he tries to keep as well as he can "the commandments of Jesus".

Is such an atheist begotten of God ?

Is such and atheist in possession of God's seed?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 21
1 edit

"God-men" could be a term applied to a person who in addition to his human life has had the life of God born in him - "begotten of God".

"God-men" could be a term applied to a man who is in possession of the seed of God whose life and nature cannot sin. That seed of God with its life and nature have been imparted into him, planted in him.

He is a God-man.

F

Moves
21 Mar 21

@sonship said
A relatively good person doesn't believe that God exists. He doesn't believe Jesus lived or is the Son of God. Yet he tries to keep as well as he can "the commandments of Jesus".
How about a person who does not know if God exists but recognizes that the teachings of Jesus are virtuous and righteous and he "keeps the commandments of Jesus" as well as he can and a lot better than you can for all your professions of faith? As a Christian, do you believe that "God's seed abides in" such a person?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 21

@fmf said
I believe Jesus lived. I believe what he is purported to have taught makes a sound basis as a code for living a good life and I more or less live by it or strive to. As a Christian, do you believe that "God's seed abides in" me?
No.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 21

@fmf said
How about a person who does not know if God exists but recognizes that the teachings of Jesus are virtuous and righteous and he "keeps the commandments of Jesus" as well as he can and a lot better than you can for all your professions of faith? As a Christian, do you believe that "God's seed abides in" such a person?
No.

F

Moves
21 Mar 21
1 edit

@sonship said
No.
[re: the first "No".]

So, I need to do things like "call on Jesus 10 times"?

F

Moves
21 Mar 21
1 edit

@sonship said
No.
[re: the second "No".]

How about a person who believes God exists and knows about - and believes in - the teachings of Jesus but he does not "keep the commandments of Jesus" and only engages in professions of faith and expositions of dogma? As a Christian, do you believe that "God's seed abides in" such a person?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 21

You see Rajk999, this is why you will always be given less opposition on this Forum.

Your being a Christian allows for the rejection of the existence of God.
Your being a Christian allows for the rejection of the Son of God, His living, His redemptive death, His resurrection and His coming as Spirit to live in men.

The world smells that you are one of them, striving the best you can to do right no thanks to Christ at all.

Silence will most often follow your posts.
Multiple arguments will follow mine.

I speak of God's seed imparted into man as the New Testament teaches.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Mar 21
1 edit

@FMF

Do immature Christians exist? Yes.

God's seed abides in EVERY single person who has received Christ.

Whether the seed has grown, and spread His influence in their daily living is another issue.

First John covers that matter.
That is levels of maturity in the growth of the life of Christ in the believers.

F

Moves
22 Mar 21

@sonship said
The world smells that you are one of them, striving the best you can to do right no thanks to Christ at all.
What about people striving to do the best that they can, thanks to Christ and his teaching, to some degree, because of his teaching and the moral soundness of his teaching?

F

Moves
22 Mar 21

@sonship said
Do immature Christians exist? Yes.
Which part of what I posted does this purport to be replying to?