Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 22:11
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

God does the deifying.
    This is a part of God's salvation.

It is God's salvation that produces the New Jerusalem not man's self effort.
    Are you jealous?
    Jealous of you following a false teacher, pretending not to hear what he is actually saying? I think not.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 22:15
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Jealous of you following a false teacher, pretending not to hear what he is actually saying? I think not.
    I think you sound more and more like a man who maybe sold his birthright.
    Whatever.

Doubling down is not impressing me.
    If your criticism is right I think bye and bye some solid Christian should come along and give you a hearty agreement.

I don't mean Rajk999.
    Let's wait and see if anyone responds to your dog whistle.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 22:17
    @sonship said
    I think you sound more and more like a man who maybe sold his birthright.
    Whatever.

Doubling down is not impressing me.
    If your criticism is right I think bye and bye some solid Christian should come along and give you a hearty agreement.

I don't mean Rajk999.
    Let's wait and see if anyone responds to your dog whistle.
    You have descended into nonsense. You are lost.

No Christian will agree with Lee about the deification of man. I think you know that.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 22:282 edits
    My bolding and copied from
    The Truth Concerning the Ultimate Goal of God's Economy
    author one of the co-workers of W. Lee.

https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=355DD703C8

To further J. S.'s plan, on each of the first four pages of “The Worst Blasphemous Words...” the expression “GOD BECAME MAN—MAN BECAME GOD” is printed in huge, bold letters. J. S.'s obvious intention is to create and then reinforce the impression that, supposedly according to Brother Lee, it is an accomplished fact that God became man and that man has become God, not merely in life and in nature but also in the Godhead and as an object of worship. However, Andrew Yu points out (see the following section) that the original Chinese wording for the expression rendered “GOD BECAME MAN—MAN BECAME GOD” is “God becoming man, man becoming God.” Andrew Yu goes on to say that although the original expression in Chinese bears no reference to time and tense, the context of the book (The Dispensing, Transformation, and Building of the Processed Divine Trinity in the Believers [Chinese], pp. 38-39), together with the new hymn quoted on page 4 of “The Worst Blasphemous Words...” clearly indicate that Brother Lee means God becoming man so that man may become God, and that, to be sure, God only in life and in nature, not God in the Godhead nor as an object of worship.

my bolding
    In contrast, consider Brother Lee's clear word in the Life-study of 1 and 2 Samuel (p. 182): “God's intention from eternity to eternity is to make Himself us, that we might become Him in life, in nature, and in constitution (but not in the Godhead).” Further clarification is provided in the Life-study of Job (p. 157): “Seeing God equals gaining God (Matt. 5:8). To gain God is to receive God in His element, in His life, and in His nature. Eventually, this not only makes us one with God—it even makes us a part of God....To be made a part of God, to be constituted with God in His life and nature, is more than being one with God. We see God that we may be constituted with God, yet we do not have any share in the Godhead.” Having God's life and nature but not having any share in the Godhead, we surely are not “holy Gods” participating in the Godhead to receive the worship of God's creatures. As quoted earlier, Brother Lee has taken the lead to declare that “it is a great heresy to say that we are made like God in His Godhead.” As he emphatically explains, “None of us are or can be God in His Godhead as an object of worship.”

Same publication.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 22:32
    Since Ghost is liable to forget already.

"Eventually, this not only makes us one with God—it even makes us a part of God....To be made a part of God, to be constituted with God in His life and nature, is more than being one with God. We see God that we may be constituted with God, yet we do not have any share in the Godhead.” Witness Lee
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 22:33
    What was that again?

" yet we do not have any share in the Godhead.” Witness Lee
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 22:34
    What was that again ? [my bolding]

Life-study of 1 and 2 Samuel (p. 182): “God's intention from eternity to eternity is to make Himself us, that we might become Him in life, in nature, and in constitution (but not in the Godhead).” - Witness Lee
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 22:45
    Are you SURE Witness Lee wrote this ?
    Yes.
    copied without permission from
    https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=355DD703CE

"God makes us like Him by imparting His life and nature into us. Second Peter 1:4 says that we have become “partakers of the divine nature.” John 1:12-13 says that we were born, regenerated, by God with His life. As God's children we are “baby gods,” having God's life and nature but not His Godhead. The Godhead is unique; He is the only One who should be worshipped."
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 22:47
    What was that ??

" The Godhead is unique; He is the only One who should be worshipped."
    -Witness Lee

See https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=355DD703CE
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 22:48
    Same publication

"All of God's redeemed people will eventually become gods as the very God in life, in nature, and in appearance but not in the Godhead. The New Jerusalem is the God-men who have been transformed, glorified, and mingled with the processed and consummated Triune God."

Witness Lee

see https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=355DD703CE
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '21 23:031 edit
    My bolding from
    Life Study of 2 Peter by Witness Lee

" HAVING THE LIFE AND NATURE OF GOD

We have seen that the divine nature denotes what God is, that it includes the ingredients, the constituents, of God's being. Because we are children of God born of Him, we possess God's life and also His nature for our enjoyment. Because I have proclaimed this truth according to the Bible, some have condemned me and falsely accused me of teaching deification. They say that I am deifying myself and teaching that the church is God and should be worshipped as a part of God. We utterly repudiate this false accusation! A child born of Chinese parents will certainly be Chinese. Then what about us who have been born of God? Through our new birth, regeneration, we have been born of God, and we are God's children. Because we have been born of God, in life and nature we are the same as God. In this sense, those who are born of God are divine. But we definitely do not participate in the Godhead, and we definitely do not become an object of worship. We have God's life and nature, but we do not become part of the Godhead."

https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=345CD802CA
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 03:18
    I come not as a dog, but as a devoté of AstroCat.

A moment ago I had composed a fine disquisition on this very topic, but now I wonder:

What was the question?
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 03:28
    Maybe, having become more cosmically minded at a young age, I tend to look at things the other way around.

E.G., the cosmos as a vasty garden of different little sprouts. The religions of Earth seem a little too parochial to me. Well, maybe except for Buddhism, but that also goes off the rails in some of its expressions' ideation.
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 05:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It's a pity sonship is hiding from this quote by Witness Lee, despite asking me to find it.

'Ultimately, the church is a group of people who are in union with the Triune God and are mingled with the Triune God. The Triune God and the church are four-in-one. Because the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are all one with the Body of Christ, we may say that the Triune ...[text shortened]... ganism of the Triune God Himself.'

Witness Lee, A Deeper Study of the Divine Dispensing p.203-204
    Despite this setup, I'm wondering if you ever ate or prepared one of your cheese and pickle sandwiches under UV light, just to see the pickles glow.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 08:47
    @sonship

I'm beginning to think you are reading Lee's words for the first time here. It seems to have thrown you.

Are you yet to read 'A Deeper Study of the Divine Dispensing'? Did you perhaps skim read it?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree