1. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Oct '20 21:351 edit
    @dj2becker said
    Why on earth would you want to make fun of a cult? You need help.

The irony here is that you are making fun of a cult that preaches a salvation by works doctrine. But then again that doesn’t surprise me.
    What is 'salvation by works'? never came across that expression in the bible. As Dive stated, cults are funny. The people in it are damn stupid, and never listen to anyone that tell them to get out of it. You are such a person.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '20 23:341 edit
    @dj2becker said
    I managed to escape after 25 years. I feel for the ones that are still trapped there.
    Why have you got a photo of soap opera actor Ronn Moss as your avatar?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 04:23
    @dj2becker said
    The irony here is that you are making fun of a cult that preaches a salvation by works doctrine.
    Hang on. Are you talking about the cult you claim to have been a member of? In the past you said, regardless of whatever bad stuff went on, the theology taught by the cult was correct and you still abide by it. Now you appear to feel the need to say something completely different about it for the purposes of your discussion with Rajk999, and so... that's what you do: you say something completely different about it.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 07:25
    @fmf said
    Hang on. Are you talking about the cult you claim to have been a member of? In the past you said, regardless of whatever bad stuff went on, the theology taught by the cult was correct and you still abide by it. Now you appear to feel the need to say something completely different about it for the purposes of your discussion with Rajk999, and so... that's what you do: you say something completely different about it.
    You seem to be hallucinating again.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 09:00
    @dj2becker said
    Why is my simple question about your avatar something you want to ignore?

It’s an honest question; I don’t get why you would have the youthful photo of an American actor who is now around 70 years old, as your profile photo?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 09:29
    @divegeester said
    Why is my simple question about your avatar something you want to ignore?

It’s an honest question; I don’t get why you would have the youthful photo of an American actor who is now around 70 years old, as your profile photo?
    Idol worship. Some people have that problem. Its the same personality flaw that leads the person to say in a cult. They need to have some authority figure/s that they can place on a pedestal. It is often the result of poor parenting. I bet psychoanalysts have a proper term for this condition.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 09:34
    @rajk999 said
    Idol worship. Some people have that problem. Its the same personality flaw that leads the person to say in a cult. They need to have some authority figure/s that they can place on a pedestal. It is often the result of poor parenting. I bet psychoanalysts have a proper term for this condition.
    Well my post got a thumb down from someone already so I’m guessing it’s a big deal somehow.

My avatar is a snap of Eric Idle in Monty Pyrhon’s The Life of Brian, which is my favourite film. Also I just love this scene in the amphitheater. There is no secret why I have this as my avatar.

I think dj2becker likes to troll this forum any way he can even with an avatar. I find it amusing.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 10:09
    @rajk999 said
    Sounds a bit like Christianity.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 10:15
    @divegeester said
    Well my post got a thumb down from someone already so I’m guessing it’s a big deal somehow.

My avatar is a snap of Eric Idle in Monty Pyrhon’s The Life of Brian, which is my favourite film. Also I just love this scene in the amphitheater. There is no secret why I have this as my avatar.

I think dj2becker likes to troll this forum any way he can even with an avatar. I find it amusing.
    Thats fine. 'The Life of Brian' is a great comedy. If I had to choose an actor for an avatar it would be one of the great actors from epic historical dramas or blockbuster science fiction movies. But as you say the man is secretive. Maybe its because people like you and FMF give him a hard time. You all should cool it down a bit and be nice to him [like me ...lol ].
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 10:40
    @divegeester said
    Why have you got a photo of soap opera actor Ronn Moss as your avatar?
    Maybe the better question would be why you thought he was gay.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 10:40
    @dj2becker said
    This banter is merely sidestepping the post you are replying to.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 10:46
    @fmf said
    This banter is merely sidestepping the post you are replying to.
    Would you mind quoting me where I said the things you are attributing to me? I dont ever recall defending the cults theology. Why would I defend something that is one of the main reasons I left?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 11:03
    @dj2becker said
    I dont ever recall defending the cults theology. Why would I defend something that is one of the main reasons I left?
    You left becsuse of the psychological abuse you described. This new notion that you left because of theological reasons doesn't sit alongside anything you have ever said before. You described what you were taught about Jesus as sound and have never once claimed to have disagreed with that side of your upbringing.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 11:05
    @dj2becker said
    Would you mind quoting me where I said the things you are attributing to me?
    I am not going to spend any time looking for it, no. If people here think you are being honest and consistent on this matter, and I am lying, then so be it.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Oct '20 11:05
    @indonesia-phil said
    Sounds a bit like Christianity.
    Actually no. Idolatry is placing a fallible mortal, object or animal, in the position of a god or supreme being. It can also mean allowing material things to control ones actions and decisions. All religions condemn this practice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree