1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 10:46
    @divegeester said
    What an excellent text.

Do you love your fellow Christians in this forum?
    Sure thing; do you?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:13
    @dj2becker said
    Sure thing; do you?
    Certainly not, most of them are intellectually dishonest religionist douchbags.

But it’s great to know that you aren’t one of them and that you sincerely love me. This is so amazing and I respect you so much.

Thank you.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:52
    @divegeester said

But it’s great to know that you aren’t one of them and that you sincerely love me. This is so amazing and I respect you so much.

Thank you.
    Why do you think it’s an excellent text if you don’t feel the need to do what it says?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:59
    @dj2becker said
    Why do you think it’s an excellent text if you don’t feel the need to do what it says?
    Love thy neighbour. There is no greater commandment than this.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 12:03
    @divegeester said

Thank you.
    You sound like you think you are way better than them? Do you view yourself to be without any flaw?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 12:56
    @dj2becker said
    I do feel the need the need to do what it says, whatever makes you think otherwise.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 12:571 edit
    @dj2becker said
    You sound like you think you are way better than them? Do you view yourself to be without any flaw?
    I am in most ways I can think of.

No.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 13:09
    'Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.'

Ephesians 4:2
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 13:44
    @divegeester said
    I am in most ways I can think of.

No.
    Humility is a strange thing. As soon as you think you’ve got it, you’ve lost it.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 13:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    'Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.'

Ephesians 4:2
    The word of God is sharper than any two edged sword... However when brandished by an atheist it kind of looks like a toothpick. 🤔
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 14:51
    @dj2becker said
    Humility is a strange thing. As soon as you think you’ve got it, you’ve lost it.
    It’s not about humility although I can see why you would want to steer it that way.

You asked me if I considered myself better than the other so called Christians on this forum and I presume you mean by “better”, do I consider myself to be “better” within the framework of the aspects of character displayed here, e.g. intellectual honestly, sincerity, forthrightness and acknowledgment of errors ... then yes I do think I hold to a better standard than those I contend with here. It’s a low bar.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 14:51
    @dj2becker said
    The word of God is sharper than any two edged sword... However when brandished by an atheist it kind of looks like a toothpick. 🤔
    Truth prick.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 15:19
    @dj2becker said
    It is a weapon I wield crudely.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 20:261 edit
    @dj2becker said
    1 Peter 4:8

And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”
    Sometimes it pays to read the KJV or use a concordance. And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. (1 Peter 4:8 KJV)

Peter here refers not to love in the way you think but to charity. This 'charity' is acts of generosity and giving of ones time and resources to help the needy. It is not possible to demonstrate this kind of charity on an online forum [except in rare circumstances]. Charity is demonstrated by the Good Samaritan and in the story told by Jesus the Rich Man failed to show charitable love to the needy.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 20:55
    @rajk999 said
    Sometimes it pays to read the KJV or use a concordance. And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. (1 Peter 4:8 KJV)

Peter here refers not to love in the way you think but to charity. This 'charity' is acts of generosity and giving of ones time and resources to help the needy. It is not poss ...[text shortened]... Samaritan and in the story told by Jesus the Rich Man failed to show charitable love to the needy.
    1 Cor 13:3

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree