Christian Neutrality #2

Christian Neutrality #2

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Nov 12

Originally posted by JS357
Yes, history shows that there needs to be an intervention from outside, to overturn a self-perpetuating government or form of government.
Also history has proven that man has not been able to come up with a government of any form that works. Sure some are better then others but none have sovled all the problems and never will.
That is why a Christian should have his sitght and heart on the government that God will re establish here that was once here in the beginning with Adam & Eve. God has backed off for a period to let man see just how we have handeled being on our own and governing ourselves. So far a pretty pathetic sight for sure...
Hence Jesus warned us to be NO part of the worlds doings as it will not have a good ending for these governemnts and the ones who are involved in it's ways.

F

Moves
05 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Also history has proven that man has not been able to come up with a government of any form that works. Sure some are better then others but none have sovled all the problems and never will.
That is why a Christian should have his sitght and heart on the government that God will re establish here that was once here in the beginning with Adam & Eve. Go ...[text shortened]... t will not have a good ending for these governemnts and the ones who are involved in it's ways.
This comes across as pessimism, defeatism and impotence packaged and passed off as "principle"; it's as if you represent the human spirit in eclipse.

rc

Moves
05 Nov 12

That is why a Christian should have his sitght and heart on the government that God will re establish here that was once here in the beginning with Adam & Eve. Go ...[text shortened]... t will not have a good ending for these governemnts and the ones who are involved in it's ways.
perhaps you should pray for a republican candidate, or a democrat candidate in the
election, surely it will be of great benefit for you to do so after all surely God favours
one over the other?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
perhaps you should pray for a republican candidate, or a democrat candidate in the
election, surely it will be of great benefit for you to do so after all surely God favours
one over the other?
I'm down on my knees as we speak..Lol

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
This comes across as pessimism, defeatism and impotence packaged and passed off as "principle"; it's as if you represent the human spirit in eclipse.
How do you know I don't..Lol

rc

Moves
05 Nov 12

I'm down on my knees as we speak..Lol
hallelujah praise da lord.

Moves
05 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
one over the other?
That does raise the on-topic question of whether Christian neutrality extends to refraining from praying for particular outcomes in this world you are to be no part of. Does it extend this far? I would think so. After all, if you are not to be involved, it seems wrong to drag God into it on your side if you aren't taking sides.

rc

Moves
05 Nov 12

Originally posted by JS357
That does raise the on-topic question of whether Christian neutrality extends to refraining from praying for particular outcomes in this world you are to be no part of. Does it extend this far? I would think so. After all, if you are not to be involved, it seems wrong to drag God into it.
what is your understanding of the term, 'no part of the world?'

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Nov 12

Why Christians should vote...

http://www.thelivingtruthfellowship.org/jtltf/latest-monthly-newsletter/217-political-correctness-freedom-and-prosperity

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12
2 edits

Originally posted by checkbaiter

http://www.thelivingtruthfellowship.org/jtltf/latest-monthly-newsletter/217-political-correctness-freedom-and-prosperity
lol, that was funny, some gems,

1. Satan’s attack on any country is aimed most directly at freedom and prosperity.

Its a pity those greedy capitalist investment bankers didn't know that when they
were recklessly squandering millions on themselves and taking horrendous risks with other peoples money,

2.Conversely, godly government encourages individuals to pursue whatever they
choose as long as it does not infringe upon another's God-given rights.

I guess that's what made Gerorge W Bush suddenly realised that all that American
oil was under Iraqi sand, its not an infringement upon their rights if we kill thousands
of Iraqis in the process, its good for them.

3.As Christians, it is our responsibility to try to elect those officials whose policies
are at least less ungodly than those of their opponent

Lol, thats real sick, I am sure the people of Nagasaki and Hiroshima were thinking
the very same thing, dang I wished they had voted for someone more Godly when
their cities were obliterated.

yah think!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Nov 12

Hence Jesus warned us to be NO part of the worlds doings as it will not have a good ending for these governemnts and the ones who are involved in it's ways.
But we surely will not be held to blame for trying to ease our brother's burden and help make life better for each other while we're here, yes?

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
But we surely will not be held to blame for trying to ease our brother's burden and help make life better for each other while we're here, yes?
galveston75 and robbie have told themselves that Jesus told them they are not allowed to. This is the rub of the green, apparently, in the world of free moral agents.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
I would personally help anyone anywhere in need if I can. That is not the issue here though.
The issue is much bigger and it's the one Jesus referred to. In an political and a supportive sense we cannot be involved. A Christian should and formost be a subject of God's Kingdom. Do you agree? Does the Bible not say we cannot serve two masters? Do you agree? Is not serving say in the military, serving your life to someone else?
Now what if the country you live in wants you to support something that does not agree with God's will, such as killing another human, or being attatched to that government that supports killing in wars? Guilty by association? Heard that before?
Jesus clearly said that those who kill will in turn be killed. Each life belongs to God and he will ask that life back from us if we do kill. The bible is very clear on that, do you agree?
Do you understand the scripture that says a little leaven furments the whole lump?
We cannot even on a local level support the worlds goverments. If one does then you are choosing sides in one way or another. We only choose God's side and he says to be "no part of this world."

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
galveston75 and robbie have told themselves that Jesus told them they are not allowed to. This is the rub of the green, apparently, in the world of free moral agents.
You have a problem with Jesus it seems.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by checkbaiter

Satan is in disguise all the time to try to get us to change or allegance to God.