Christian Neutrality #2

Christian Neutrality #2

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
LOL, so submitting plans and having them approved is a political act
What if the construction project is large scale and affects many thousands of people and involves the use of public land? What if there are different opinions about what buildings should be built, what standards and specifications should be required and who sets them, what if opinions differ about where they should be built, who should be commissioned to build them, how much money should be spent on building them, and whether they should be built at all? Would you have concepts like eminent domain/compulsory purchase in cases where there was deemed to be a public interest? What would be the process for such public interest to be "deemed"? What would be the mechanisms for deliberating, weighing competing interests, reaching decisions, allocating resources, monitoring and enforcing compliance etc.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
So you admit a government run by non-christians would be very bad. So why shouldn't Christians try to get in control of government by voting Christian representative into office? That seems better than just turning everything over to the muslims or atheists.
You seem to have an issue with faith in letting God and his son take care of earths problems and keeping out of their way to do that in their time? Don't you think if we were supposed to get involved and to make changes in the govermnents that Jesus would have? Of all humans on the earth he surely would have had the most influance on them in his day. But he didn't. He said his Kingdom was no part of this world, did he not?
Also not one command from any sourse in the entire Bible for God's people to get involved in politics. Not 1.

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by galveston75
You seem to have an issue with faith in letting God and his son take care of earths problems and keeping out of their way to do that in their time? Don't you think if we were supposed to get involved and to make changes in the govermnents that Jesus would have? Of all humans on the earth he surely would have had the most influance on them in his day. But ...[text shortened]... mand from any sourse in the entire Bible for God's people to get involved in politics. Not 1.
How would a society made up of what you see as "True Christians" function if there were no "non-True Christians" to leave the running of the country to?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
How would a society made up of what you see as "True Christians" function if there were no "non-True Christians" to leave the running of the country to?
You really have to somehow think outside the box. The world and it's ways that we all know now will change and it will be changes that none of us can fully comprehend now as none of us have ever lived in a world in the control and guidance of God and his son.
The big ugly and polluting cities that we know now will no doubt not exist then. One hint of that is the way God did not like mankind gathering in one big place as they did during the time of the Tower of Babel being constructed. If your interested in that issue, read your bible.
God created this earth to be lived on and cultivated. It was not his plan for all humans to migrate together in large numbers and then be dependent on a few to grow all the food and feed the masses. It's not good on any level and has only caused major problems. There is no need for humans to do that and even more so on a perfect and healthy planet.
There will be no need for skyscrapers, ships to move billions of tons of electronics and cars, no hospitals, no police, no capital buildings, no power plants, etc.

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

There will be no need for skyscrapers, ships to move billions of tons of electronics and cars, no hospitals, no police, no capital buildings, no power plants, etc.
Do any decisions made in skyscrapers currently affect your life in any kind of beneficial way? Do you currently consume or use anything transported by a ship or on highways or via airports? Did you pray for the police to find your son's friend before she was murdered? Are you grateful that the police caught him? Do you currently use electricity? I am wondering on what basis you claim to be 'not of this world'?

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

God created this earth to be lived on and cultivated. It was not his plan for all humans to migrate together in large numbers and then be dependent on a few to grow all the food and feed the masses. It's not good on any level and has only caused major problems. There is no need for humans to do that and even more so on a perfect and healthy planet.
Do you currently only eat food that you yourself have grown or raised for your own consumption?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
Do any decisions made in skyscrapers currently affect your life in any kind of beneficial way? Do you currently consume or use anything transported by a ship or on highways or via airports? Did you pray for the police to find your son's friend before she was murdered? Are you grateful that the police caught him? Do you currently use electricity? I am wondering on what basis you claim to be 'not of this world'?
Lol. You don't give up do you. Think outside the box as I think your bright enough to know the answers your asking.
I've answered them already and just try to understand what I've already said.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
Do you currently only eat food that you yourself have grown or raised for your own consumption?
Try real hard to picture a perfect earth with all the land on it being good a able to produce food that each human can live on and supply their satisfy their own needs with.
So yes at this time because of man having to live in cities to make a living, I too am stuck with this life we've created and having to rely on others to grow, make, and ship my food to me. I hate it but not a thing I can do on my own to change these ways.
But it will all change once God takes back over and lets us live on this planet as he originally designed.

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

Lol. You don't give up do you. Think outside the box as I think your bright enough to know the answers your asking.
I've answered them already and just try to understand what I've already said.
You claim to be 'not of this world'. it's starting to look like a wholly bogus claim. There are people out there who only eat what they grow. There are people out there who live their lives without electricity. Why are you eating food that other people grow? Why do you rely on the power stations? You said "God created this earth to be lived on and cultivated. It was not his plan for all humans to migrate together in large numbers and then be dependent on a few to grow all the food and feed the masses." I don't see why you currently need to be disobeying what you yourself claim is the content of God's "plan".

F

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

So yes at this time because of man having to live in cities to make a living, I too am stuck with this life we've created and having to rely on others to grow, make, and ship my food to me. I hate it but not a thing I can do on my own to change these ways.
There's nothing stopping you from putting your 'not of this world' claim about yourself into action. If you want to come here to Indonesia I will introduce you to people who feed themselves and do not use electricity. Perhaps there is a way for you to stop hating your life. And perhaps if you stop hating your life, you will stop hoping the world will end soon.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
There's nothing stopping you from putting your 'not of this world' claim about yourself into action. If you want to come here to Indonesia I will introduce you to people who feed themselves and do not use electricity. Perhaps there is a way for you to stop hating your life. And perhaps if you stop hating your life, you will stop hoping the world will end soon.
If I had the money to move and health that might be a nice offer.

But we have also been told by Jesus to teach others of him, his Father and of the future.
So right now we cannot run and hide off into some rural country side to live off the land. We have to find all that are still interested in their future and would like to learn about the promisses in the Bible and to do that we have to be where the people live. Most are in these cities aren't they?

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

If I had the money to move and health that might be a nice offer.
You have been a Jehovah's Witness since you were 6, you say. Why did you not put your 'not of this world' morality into effect at some point during the last 40 years?

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

But we have also been told by Jesus to teach others of him, his Father and of the future. So right now we cannot run and hide off into some rural country side to live off the land.
How many people have you persuaded, with your teaching, to start eating only eat what they grow and living their lives without electricity?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
LOL, so submitting plans and having them approved is a political act, next time i see the brother who is an architect, ill ask him if he considers himself as a political activist, get cookin! 😀
That answer bears no relation to what i've been talking about. I'm not talking about 'submitting plans', i'm talking about running the infrastructure of a society. Political activism?

Here's what you said -

the role of civil government could easily be handled by a group of qualified individuals/civil engineers

The role of civil government is political in nature, if a group of True Christians have to carry out the the same role it will still be political in nature. You can't have a civil government, or people carrying out the role of a civil government without the process being 'political'.

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That answer bears no relation to what i've been talking about. I'm not talking about 'submitting plans', i'm talking about running the infrastructure of a society. Political activism?

Here's what you said -

the role of civil government could easily be handled by a group of qualified individuals/civil engineers

The role of civil ...[text shortened]... ople carrying out the role of a civil government without the process being 'political'.
ok then, my lollipop lady must be a politician, she is part of civil government and
engages as a consequence in politics, and is the man who takes away the rubbish,
also, not to mention, my GP and the dinner lady who makes custard and sponge cake
at school,

weak, real weak PK.