1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:10
    A Major point of the book of Revelation is that AFTER His resurrection and ascension is MINISTRY continued.

This is precisely why John saw Him dressed as a High Priest. He was in heaven yet God gives John a vision of Him walking among the churches as a clothed High Priest walks among golden lampstands.

"I was in spirit on the Lord's Day and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, Saying, What you see write in a scroll and send it to the seven churches: " (Rev. 1:11a)

I'll come back to this verse. But look how Jesus appeared -

And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me, and when I turned, I saw seven golden lampstands,

And in the midst of the lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment reaching to the feet, and girded about at the breasts with a golden girdle. (Rev. 1:12,13)

He is CLOTHED as a priest for ministry. He is in resurrection. He is in ascension and in enthronement in heaven. Yet the sign in the vision means He is active in His ministering priestly service taking care of the genuine local churches on earth.

His "walking on the earth" here is virtual in terms of His now being the Spirit - the Third Person of the Trinity.

(The footnotes of the Recovery Version New Testament is a good place to read more about these things discussed briefly here. The footnotes were written by Witness Lee).
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:12
    @sonship said
    (The footnotes of the Recovery Version New Testament is a good place to read more about these things discussed briefly here. The footnotes were written by Witness Lee).
    So the content of this post is Witness Lee's ministerial work?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:16
    @sonship said
    Yet the sign in the vision means He is active in His ministering priestly service taking care of the genuine local churches on earth.
    Which churches are what you (not Witness Lee I presume) term as being "the genuine local churches"?

How do you define "genuine"?

Or indeed "local" - or does "local" (coincidentally) call out specifically the sect of churches to which you belong?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:18
    Christ's every continued MINISTRY is depicted in the sign of Him walking among the seven genuine local churches as a High Priest.

And in the midst of the lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment reaching to the feet, and girded about the breasts with a golden girdle. (Rev. 1:13)

Now because I have spent many years as a constant student of the Bible you will read some things written here which you have no one else to blame but me.

DIvegeester is fond of thinking that I have no thoughts of my own and want to pretend originality by plagiarism. But the interested reader will have to expect that it is impossible for a person who continually studies the Bible to NOT present some things impressed upon him in his personal time.

Therefore I do not claim that every concept, every idea, every elaboration is something I copied from someone else. That being said, that also does not mean that others have not somewhere pointed out something similar or even the same thing.

After-all there is one God illuminating the word of God to His people down through the ages.

So then the main point here is that Christ has been crucified and raised from the dead and is STILL seen ministering ON THE EARTH though He is not physically walking ON THE EARTH.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:20
    @divegeester

Anyone who wants to reply, reply
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:21
    @divegeester
    Anyone who wants to reply to Divegeester, reply for him.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:23
    @divegeester said
    So the content of this post is Witness Lee's ministerial work?
    Appears to be the case.

(How is this any different from 'wsay123000' spamming the forum with those pre-written Buddhism sermons? )
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:29
    The seven golden lampstands are a sign of the seven cities in which the church has been established. That is the normative situation of one city for one church, and one church for one city.

So the name of each church is simply the locality of where the assembly is.

" ... What you see write in a scroll and send it to the seven churches,

to Ephesus,
    and to Smyrna
    and to Pergamos
    and to Thyatira
    and to Sardis
    and to Philadelphia
    and to Laodicea.

And when I turned to see the voice that spoke with me; and being turned, I saw seven golden lampstands. And in the midst of the lampstands One like the Son of Man,

clothed with a garment reaching to the feet, and girded about at the breasts with a golden girdle." (Rev. 1:11-13)

He appears as one of the Old Testament priests ministering in the Holy Place of the tabernacle or temple. He is tending to the shining of the lamps. He is ministering as a priest on earth for the shining testimony of genuine local churches.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:34
    You will notice that detractors of this thread will have little to say about the actual content of what is being explained. On that they have little to say. But great effort will be made to discredit some Christians speaking of the things.

"Discredit the messenger and we can sabatoge the message."

I would advize interested parties (both of you) to pay more attention to the Scripture and the things said as helps to get into them.

Let the "Gang up on the messenger" crowd have their poor substitute for not caring about the Word of God itself. Such is life.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:422 edits
    When we see gold in the Bible in a sign it is often denoting the nature of God.

The golden girden around the breast of Jesus Christ surely says something about His heart being of the divine nature of God.

Some commentaries that agree or come close are seen below.
    Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
    , for He is arrayed in the apparel of kingly and priestly dignity. He is robed to the foot with the long garment of the high priest. St. John uses the same word which is used in the LXX. version of Exodus 28:31, to describe the robe of the Ephod. (Comp. Zechariah 3:4.) It has been understood by some, however, to indicate the "ample robe of judicial and kingly power." There is in the vision a combination of both thoughts. He is the King-Priest who is seen by the Evangelist, the Melchisedec whom the Epistle to the Hebrews ... He is girt about the breasts with a golden girdle. The girdle is not around the loins, as though ready for action and toil (Luke 12:35), but it is worn as by one who rests from toil in the "repose of sovereignty."

"Hey, I thought you were only hung up on Witness Lee!"

Pulpit Commentary

The glorified Messiah still wears that human form by which the beloved disciple had known him before the Ascension (John 21:7). With the exception of Acts 7:56, the full form, "the Son of man," is used only by the Christ of himself. A garment down to the feet. The word ποδηρής, sc. χιτών (vestis talaris), though frequent in the LXX. (Ezekiel 9:2, 3, 11; Zechariah 3:4, etc.), occurs nowhere else in the New Testament. The robe is an official one. The Rhemish renders it "a priestly garment down to the foote." Compare Joseph's "coat of many colours," which literally means a "coat reaching to the extremities." In Exodus 28:31 "the robe of the ephod" of the high priest is ὑποδύτης ποδήρης. The angel in Daniel 10:5, 6 is described in similar language: "whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz" (comp. Isaiah 22:21, "I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand" ).
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:511 edit
    @divegeester

If anyone wants to learn to use the Search Engine at www.ministrybooks.org they can probably find out for themselves if I used a phrase that can be located somewhere in a message by Witness Lee or Watchman Nee.

Please be my guest. But you'll have to learn how to use their Search Engine.

(I'm pretty good at locating words. Phrases of more than one word, I do not often use. You guys are so smart, you'll have little trouble with it.)
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:53
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Appears to be the case.

(How is this any different from 'wsay123000' spamming the forum with those pre-written Buddhism sermons? )
    Sonship has been doing this for years, the only difference now is that after being out by me several times for plagiarism, he now sort of posts a credit. Although you notice his parenthesis in the OP is not a direct credit, hence my question which he chooses to ignore. It is my contention that sonship does not have a ministry of his own (certainly not a bad thing at all) but simple regurgitates in here the witness Lee stuff he reads elsewhere.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:55
    @divegeester

Anybody who wants to reply to Divegeester, here he is.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:56
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Anyone who wants to reply to Divegeester, reply for him.
    Your overweening vanity prevents you from acknowledging that this is not your private blog site, this is not even a Christian site, it is a spiritually dicussion board on a chess site which has a wide ranging mix on contributing members. You are going to be challenged on what you post and not behave like a Sunday school kid when you are.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 13:57
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Anybody who wants to reply to Divegeester, here he is.
    So you keep saying, why do you keep repeating it. Is it so you can visually reply to me without actually replying? Why not do what KellyJay does when he is going through one of his self-righteous “hand me over to Satan” phases, and just ignore me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree