Calling

Calling " Lord, Lord ! "

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Aug 16

Originally posted by sonship
But you USED to be a Christian - for three DECADES. You know something about it then.

You don't want us to think you're lying about this.
I don't know, maybe you want us to think you're not telling us the truth for some strange reason.

Take some "Feedback" why don't you. This is sensational. A former recovering Christian who for three ...[text shortened]... rty years in a kind of lukewarm condition, not particularly loving Christ ? What went on then ?
I am a non-Christian sonship. Whether or not my Christian beliefs decades ago met - or meet - with your approval is irrelevant nonsense. Does your vanity know no bounds?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I'm not the the slightest bit interested in comparing what i believed ten, twenty, thirty years ago with what you believe now.
You self serving dude. Compare it with what YOU now believe. The contrast will be instructive to help us to learn something.

Don't be so totally self serving. Compare what you fervently believed and experienced then with your new found liberating freedom from religion now.

Matt Dilihunty does.
Michael Shermer tells about his going door to door preaching.
Dan Barker talks about his being a clergy.

Let it RIP dude. Tell us about what you experienced THEN and how it is different from your solid real experience NOW.

I'm going to read it. I am actually going to stop teaching and explaining for a bit and listen how you got free from the spell.

Maybe you could start a 12 step program out of loving Christ.
Please tell us the first time in your prayer life it hit you like a ton of bricks -- NOBODY is listening !!

F

Moves
05 Aug 16
1 edit

You self serving dude. Compare it with what YOU now believe. The contrast will be instructive to help us to learn something.

Don't be so totally self serving. Compare what you fervently believed and experienced then with your new found liberating freedom from religion now.

Matt Dilihunty does.
Michael Shermer tells about his going door to door p ...[text shortened]... first time in your prayer life it hit you like a ton of bricks -- NOBODY is listening !!
Does your vanity know no bounds? I am not going to compare what i used to believe - what i do not believe - with what you just so happen to believe. It just isn't going to happen. You may believe that you are in some kind of competition or that you have no audience here, but it does not matter to me.

F

Moves
05 Aug 16

Matt Dilihunty does. Michael Shermer tells about his going door to door preaching. Dan Barker talks about his being a clergy.
I have no idea who these people are. Are they significant people to you? If they are, engage them. I don't know and don't care who they are.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
I have no idea who these people are. Are they significant people to you? If they are, engage them. I don't know and don't care who they are.
How did you get converted at the beginning of those decades as a Christian ?

F

Moves
06 Aug 16

Do not be discouraged by unbelievers saying nothing comes. Open your whole being and call upon the name of the Lord Jesus, with the pure intention of allowing the Lord Jesus to come into your life.
Here it is again from 2 pages ago. One last try.... what if sonhouse opens his whole being [as you put it] and calls upon the name of the Lord Jesus, with the pure intention [as you see it] of allowing the Lord Jesus to come into his life [in the sense that you intend] ~ and, regardless, nothing happens? Would that be evidence pointing towards you simply imagining that "the Lord answers" you when you claim to do those things mentioned above?

Moves
06 Aug 16
1 edit

I don't like minions asking me awkward questions about my beliefs.
Big, fat, hairy deal !
It is poor forum etiquette, especially from someone like yourself who sets himself up as a sort of self-anointed Christian teacher in here. I'm calling you on your errors and I am asking direct, on topic questions and you refuse to answer. You are behaving like the JWs do when cornered. It's interesting.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Aug 16
4 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
It is poor forum etiquette, especially from someone like yourself who sets himself up as a sort of self-anointed Christian teacher in here. I'm calling you on your errors and I am asking direct, on topic questions and you refuse to answer. You are behaving like the JWs do when cornered. It's interesting.
"Self anointed Christian teacher". Hmmm. How is that different from a "Self anointed Grand Inquisitor" ? So you're the "self anointed Unitarian Questioner" I suppose.

I have not avoided all questions on this Forum over the years. Some people do not know enough to even ask meaningful questions. They really don't. It has become more apparent to me then ever that Paul was right. Some people blinded with pride really "understand NOTHING". And hence they don't even know how to ask a good question.

Right here:

"if anyone teaches different things and does not consent to the healthy words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching which is according to godliness, he is blinded with pride, UNDERSTANDING NOTHING, but is DISEASED with QUESTIONINGS ... " (See 1 Tim. 6:3,4a)

Some people who fancy that they have good questions really have meaningless ones which have no other purpose but to make accusatory innuendos. Such people "diseased with questionings" may actually understand already "nothing".

They don't even understand enough to ask a meaningful question.

Furthermore there are those the Apostle said are always learning ... ALWAYS LEARNING ... but never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth.

We've got a few posters like that here. And Paul gave us an example of two people like this from the days of Moses - two magicians of Pharaoh's court who were self anointed opponents of Moses to contradict him at every turn.

" ... and are always learning yet never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth.

And in the manner of Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind, disapproved concerning the faith.

But they will not not advance farther, for their folly will be completely manifested to all, as also the folly of those became." (2 Tim. 3:7-9)

Some would be "great questioners" are simply -
1.) Blinded with pride.
2.) Understanding nothing.
3.) Diseased with questionings
4.) always learning but never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth.
5.) career opposers of servants of God
6.) corrupted in mind

The two magicians Jannes and Jambres, although not named in the Old Testament canon, must have been those who competed with Moses.

When Moses and Aaron through down the rod and it miraculously turned into a serpent, Pharoah called for his magicians to do the same thing. I am so glad this story is in the book of Exodus. It proves that to some degree the world's wisdom and dark arts will imitate the acts of God.

"Hey, we can do that too, Moses. See ? " There is just no getting around God's wisdom. He knows that to a certain extent His enemies can boast - "Na, Na, we can do the same thing. We can talk the same way. We can teach and preach just like your people. In fact we have some really good questions for you."

Actually, usually the "questions" are accusations cloaked in the appearance of curiosity.
We've got a few people like that on this Forum.

I am not above being asked questions. I am under no obligation to tickle the ears of those "diseased with questionings" endlessly.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
It would be "common sense" if sonhouse didn't receive an answer? How so? sonship claims (above) that he practically always receives an answer. If sonhouse - as sonship suggests - opened his whole being and called upon the name of the Lord Jesus, with the pure intention of allowing the Lord Jesus to come into his life, and, nevertheless, nothing happened... what would that say about sonhouse? And what would it say about sonship relative to sonhouse?
You constantly try to get me to talk about (and presumably, judge) others in this forum. Sorry, I will not do that. You do this with everyone. You live for pitting person against person in these forums. I think you can just go pound sand.

F

Moves
06 Aug 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
You constantly try to get me to talk about (and presumably, judge) others in this forum. Sorry, I will not do that. You do this with everyone. You live for pitting person against person in these forums. I think you can just go pound sand.
You yourself don't talk about and judge people on this forum? 🙄

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Aug 16
1 edit

typo: Only one "not" in the verse below.

But they will not [edited] advance farther, for their folly will be completely manifested to all, as also the folly of those became." (2 Tim. 3:7-9)

Moves
06 Aug 16

[b] "Self anointed Christian teacher". Hmmm. How is that different from a "Self anointed Grand Inquisitor" ? So you're the "self anointed Unitarian Questioner" I suppose.

I have not avoided all questions on this Forum over the years. Some people do not know enough to even ask meaningful questions. They really don't. It has beco ...[text shortened]... m under no obligation to tickle the ears of those "diseased with questionings" endlessly.[/b]
Anytime you fine the fortitude to answer my question, please PM me so I don't miss it.

F

Moves
07 Aug 16

Some would be "great questioners" are simply -
1.) Blinded with pride.
2.) Understanding nothing.
3.) Diseased with questionings
4.) always learning but never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth.
5.) career opposers of servants of God
6.) corrupted in mind
Blinded, diseased, corrupted? If this '6-point Ad Hominem Checklist' of yours is how you are going to frame disagreement and dissent, what on earth are you doing frequenting a discussion and debate forum?

Moves
07 Aug 16
3 edits

[b] "Self anointed Christian teacher". Hmmm. How is that different from a "Self anointed Grand Inquisitor" ? So you're the "self anointed Unitarian Questioner" I suppose.

I have not avoided all questions on this Forum over the years. Some people do not know enough to even ask meaningful questions. They really don't. It has beco ...[text shortened]... m under no obligation to tickle the ears of those "diseased with questionings" endlessly.[/b]
I think you are just pouting and lashing out now. You are doing this because you simply don't like being questioned about your strange beliefs, exactly what Robbie Carrobie and especially Galveston75 used to do.

So now, in order to demonise me, you are comparing me to the magicians, who were probably demon possessed, in the OT. You are calling me "diseased" and an "opposer of the truth". The truth being your truth of course, sonship's truth.

The gospel according to sonship.
"If any man shalt disagreeth with ye, cast him down with the demon possessed, for that way he shall knoweth his place and forever forget that he stood against thee and questioned thee"

Do you think that what you post in here is beyond reproach, Beyond scrutiny? Do you think you are infallible sonship? Is demonising divegeester, another Christian, the only way you can defend your preaching from .... Questions? I shall add your horrible name-calling to the list of disgraceful things I've been called by so-called Christians in this forum, simply because I disagree with them.

Anytime you want to actually answer my question in the other thread - please PM so I don't miss it - as it gets buried in another one of your monologues.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
You are doing this because you simply don't like being questioned about your strange beliefs,

This thread I opened about Calling on the name of the Lord Jesus.
Some may find it strange but there are hundreds of references to calling "O Lord" in the Bible.

This was a very practical discussion. We can enjoy touching the Spirit of Christ by calling on Him because Jesus Christ is AVAILABLE.

"... the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Unusual it is for no one else in human history transfigured him or herself to be a divine life imparting Holy Spirit.

exactly what Robbie Carrobie and especially Galveston75 used to do.

If you would like to talk about the "strangeness" you see in calling on the Lord Jesus or in crying "Abba Father" go ahead. I don't think this is strange.

I do think it is strange to attempt to get a Christian to pin point exactly how off his concept about God's triune being is before he is not possibly a man into whom the Spirit of Christ has graciously come. This is a strange demand. And I already told you that as you phased your interrogation you're not going to get a simple Yes or No.

You know that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. In the last analysis only God Himself knows what a man really believes in his heart. But confessing and believing the Spirit of Christ comes into the human spirit and the human spirit is made life because of righteousness.

Such a person for a season can still talk or believe some crazy things, some un-bibical things. He may not be clear about any number of tenets of the Christian faith. But He confessed Jesus as his Lord and believed in his heart (where only God Himself really sees a man) that God raised Jesus from the dead, and he is a Christian.

Don't try to get me to insist I know if a staunch Unitarian can be saved or not. People end up in denominations for many reasons. Even it is possible for a Jehovah's Witness to have some time confessed Christ as Lord and received him. He could be brain washed to accept lots of bad doctrines.

But Jesus could conceivably be down in that heart somewhere.
I told you many times that Jesus Himself said that His disciples would not always be able to tell false believers from real ones. Read about it in Matthew 13:24-30 which needs no interpretation from theologians because Jesus Himself interpreted His parable verses 36-43.

But because you're stubborn in some kind of self assumed heroic way, all this will likely go through one ear and out the other. You will still waste your time demanding that I give a simply Yes or No on whether a non-trinitarian talking person is a false believer or a real one. If Jesus said in Matthew 13 His servants would not always be able to give a definite Yes or No, why ask me.

Now the angels? They could give you a personal Yes or No.

" And the slaves of the mast came and said to him, Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where then did the tares come from? And he said to them, An enemy has done this.

And the slaves said to him, Do you want us then to go and collect them? (vs.27,28)

Don't ask of me to go collect those not talking about God as the Trinity, which God IS, and pin point if they are filled with Christ or not. That is not my job. And Jesus told the disciples that they lacked the wisdom to know in each and every case who was a real brother in Christ and who was not.

"But he said, No, lest while collecting the tares you uproot the wheat along with them.

Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, Collect first the tares and bind them into bundles to burn them up, but the wheat gather into my barns." (vs.29,30)

Then the Lord Jesus interprets His own words for us.

"Therefore just as the tares are collected and burned up with fire, so will it be at the consummation of the age. The Son of Man will send His angels, and they will collect out of His kingdom all the stumbling blocks and those who practice lawlessness,

And will cast them into the furnace of fire. In that place there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth." (vs.40-41)