Calling

Calling " Lord, Lord ! "

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Aug 16

Originally posted by sonship
We have God having spoken to us. No, the book did not float down but was penned by men - imperfect men. But God has spoken.

It is not funny that you have nothing.
Tonight when you go to bed it will be with nothing.
And tomorrow you will awake again still with nothing.
I remember some years ago I started a thread about the Good Samaritan, asking people to comment on if they were that type that stop to help those in distress, or the type to ignore people in distress like the priest and the Levite did in the story. It was interesting that mostly atheists replied that they would stop what they are doing to help. Sonhouse was one of these [along with FMF, and others].

Strangely, the typical Christian view from what I gathered in that thread [and over the years], is that:
- Gods duty is to look after those who need help
- God has special works for Christians to do
- Charitable works is trying to earn your salvation which is wrong
- they are already saved and have eternal life already.

Here again is another example of the poor attitude and unChristlike nature of some Christians displayed in the personality of sonship, that of claiming to know that a man [who he does not personally know], because of his lack of belief in God, is nothing or has nothing and will continue to be nothing ; add that to his prior comments on being almost happy to believe that nonChristians will be tormented for eternity in the lake of fire; mix in a bit of his claim that the teachings of Jesus and His commandments are expired and not applicable in this new Dispensation of Grace. .. its sad that this is what the average Christian has become.

Sonship and his doctrine has become a hero on this site.. and only a handful of Christians has had to guts to stand up to some of his false and even evil teachings that must be of the Devil .. it certainly cannot be of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Aug 16
1 edit

So, I was writing about calling on the name of the Lord in order to contact the Lord.

I don't exactly t know what it is about the expression 'O" or "Oh". Perhaps it opens up the soul. Perhaps "O" in the "O Lord Jesus" helps a man to OPEN his heart and being to God.

But we found in the local churches that we can really touch the Lord Jesus. Brother Witness Lee said he met with the Brethren assembly for about sven years. He learned a lot of teachings and doctrines. But he felt dead. He felt spiritually he was dead within.

Then He began to go up to some mountain and CRY ... CRY our to the Lord Jesus. He cried out to the Lord about his dead spiritual condition. Anyway, I am sure others have had similar experiences in church history. Eventually Lee encouraged saints everywhere to CALL ... CALL ... CALL on the name of the Lord Jesus. = ' O Lord Jesus. And HOW it brought us to touch the Lord and how it also brought in a oneness of enjoyment.

I encourage you readers then to call on the name of Jesus. He is rich to all who call upon Him. This discussion precludes that you call because you believe that Jesus is risen from the dead and is available to give spiritual life to you. This precludes that you understand I am not speaking of a dead mechanical chanting but practicing what the Psalmist said:

" What shall I return unto the Lord for all His benefits towards me?

I will take up the cup of salvation and CALL upon the name of the Lord." (Psalm 116:12,13)

So learn to call - " O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus, I love You Lord! " .

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Aug 16

So, I was writing about calling on the name of the Lord in order to contact the Lord.

I don't exactly t know what it is about the expression [b]'O"
or "Oh". Perhaps it opens up the soul. Perhaps "O" in the "O Lord Jesus" helps a man to OPEN his heart and being to God.

But we found in the local churches that we can really touch ...[text shortened]... to call - " O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus, I love You Lord! " .[/b]
Just too bad it doesn't answer. Ever.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Aug 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
You mean that he doesn't answer YOU.

Hardly surprising.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Aug 16
3 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
I practically always receive an answer when i call on the Lord Jesus.
He is indeed rich to all who call upon Him.

Then again my main motive is to receive Christ Himself.
Maybe you want lots of "stuff" but you don't want the Lord Jesus.

I got to realize the Christ and Christ Himself is my deepest need.
So I call to touch the Lord.

And inspite of your skepticism I have to say with the Psalmist - " I love the Lord because He has heard my voice." (Psa. 116)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Aug 16

So sonhouse complains that Jesus the Lord doesn't answer.

This is not our experience who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. We just want Him for Himself. All other things come as we need them when we seek first His kingdom and His righteousness.

That's the Lord Jesus, the King, Himself. Do not be discouraged by unbelievers saying nothing comes. Open your whole being and call upon the name of the Lord Jesus, with the pure intention of allowing the Lord Jesus to come into your life.

F

Moves
04 Aug 16

Do not be discouraged by unbelievers saying nothing comes. Open your whole being and call upon the name of the Lord Jesus, with the pure intention of allowing the Lord Jesus to come into your life.
And what if sonhouse opens his whole being [as you put it] and calls upon the name of the Lord Jesus, with the pure intention [as you see it] of allowing the Lord Jesus to come into his life [in the sense that you intend] ~ and, regardless, nothing happens? Would that be evidence pointing towards you simply imagining that "the Lord answers" you when you claim to do those things mentioned above?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
And what if sonhouse opens his whole being [as you put it] and calls upon the name of the Lord Jesus, with the pure intention [as you see it] of allowing the Lord Jesus to come into his life [in the sense that you intend] ~ and, regardless, nothing happens? Would that be evidence pointing towards you simply imagining that "the Lord answers" you when you claim to do those things mentioned above?
No. Why would you think that? Oh, wait... you're an unbeliever too. Yeah...

This kind of thing is more along the lines of a "self-fulfilling prophecy".

Except that He doesn't answer you or sonhouse is not really "evidence" of anything. More like "common sense".

Even if, despite the gargantuan odds against, your scenario happened exactly as you described, I doubt he'd get an immediate answer, like a voice from the sky or anything obvious like that.. But Jesus would abide with him and over time, he would see the difference. But I suppose that doesn't "qualify" as an answer to you.

F

Moves
04 Aug 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Except that He doesn't answer you or sonhouse is not really "evidence" of anything. More like "common sense"
It would be "common sense" if sonhouse didn't receive an answer? How so? sonship claims (above) that he practically always receives an answer. If sonhouse - as sonship suggests - opened his whole being and called upon the name of the Lord Jesus, with the pure intention of allowing the Lord Jesus to come into his life, and, nevertheless, nothing happened... what would that say about sonhouse? And what would it say about sonship relative to sonhouse?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Aug 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I'd rather hear about those three decades you were a Christian. In which numbered year did it occur to you that you were deluded about Christ being your Lord ?

How did you "wake up" that you were not forgiven, not saved or in need of salvation, and did not have the Holy Spirit after all ? What numbered year was that during that three decade time span ?

Half way through ? Sixty percent of the way ? Seventy five percent of the way through those three decades ?

F

Moves
05 Aug 16

I'd rather hear about those three decades you were a Christian. In which numbered year did it occur to you that you were deluded about Christ being your Lord ?

How did you "wake up" that you were not forgiven, not saved or in need of salvation, and did not have the Holy Spirit after all ? What numbered year was that during t ...[text shortened]... ugh ? Sixty percent of the way ? Seventy five percent of the way through those three decades ?
I am asking you about what you said here yesterday. You asking me what I might have said twenty or thirty years ago is simply a dodge.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I am asking you about what you said here yesterday. You asking me what I might have said twenty or thirty years ago is simply a dodge.
You can handle any dodge. A real smart and experienced X Christian like you.

Have you thought about joining Dan Barker's "Freedom From Religion" group ?
Or maybe Michael Shermer's outreach in "Skeptic Magazine." These are two strong "Been There Done That" evangelicals. Why don't you go give your testimonial to one of those groups ?

Tell them about your 30 years a Jesus loving Christian who is now able to design real good questions to probe people like me, still "under the spell" as Daniel Dennett would put it. .

F

Moves
05 Aug 16

You can handle any dodge. A real smart and experienced X Christian like you.

Have you thought about joining Dan Barker's "Freedom From Religion" group ?
Or maybe Michael Shermer's outreach in "Skeptic Magazine." These are two strong "Been There Done That" evangelicals. Why don't you go give your testimonial to one of those groups ?

Tell them abo ...[text shortened]... od questions to probe people like me, still "under the spell" as Daniel Dennett would put it. .
None of this addresses the question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Aug 16
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
None of this addresses the question.
I am into helping people to believe in Jesus.
You're not buying it, no matter what.
Right ?

Right!
So, why should I waste anymore time or effort.

Tell me about your journey OUT of what I am now in - loving the Lord Jesus and helping people to believe the Bible.

Can you break down your exit into several concrete steps ?
How did you first decide that you were not "born again" anyway ?

F

Moves
05 Aug 16

I am into helping people to believe in Jesus. You're not buying it, no matter what. Right ? Right. So, why should I waste the effort.
Suit yourself sonship. Presumably it was something you said in haste or without much thought that you are now unwilling to defend or explain. 🙂