1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 13:41
    @galveston75 said
    If you could not eat orally for some reason, how would a hospital feed you?
    Where does the Bible say all this kind of stuff?
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 14:39
    @galveston75 said
    As long as Jehovah does not want you to see it because of your lack of wanting to understand it, It ain't going to happen.
    If you believe, as you profess here, then you and your cult are a bunch of loonies.
    Wait, wait, do you believe in vampires ?
  3. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 16:14
    @divegeester

Do you understand plain English?

Nothing in your quote is different from what I said today, and I stand by it. I grant everybody the right to believe whatever they want - even you.

I can't remember and don't bother to check, but I said very clearly to somebody else (maybe even you?) that we are talking about belief and not actions..

Once your belief goes over into actions, we have an entirely different kettle of fish.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 17:02
    @divegeester said
    Well you started this car crash of a thread and my comments in it are directly on topic, accurate, laser beam focused at your cults beliefs.

If you are unwilling or unable to respond...then so be it.
    Again I refuse to repeat my previous messages to you on this exact same questioning... Do you understand that???????????????
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 17:04
    @fmf said
    Where does the Bible say all this kind of stuff?
    Geeez you are hopeless. So who is always bellyaching about others dodging a question? YOU!!!!!!!!!
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 17:04
    @caissad4 said
    If you believe, as you profess here, then you and your cult are a bunch of loonies.
    Wait, wait, do you believe in vampires ?
    Lol. What ever you want to believe my dear.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 17:07
    @caljust said
    @divegeester

Do you understand plain English?

Nothing in your quote is different from what I said today, and I stand by it. I grant everybody the right to believe whatever they want - even you.

I can't remember and don't bother to check, but I said very clearly to somebody else (maybe even you?) that we are talking about belief and not actions..

Once your belief goes over into actions, we have an entirely different kettle of fish.
    I’m beginning to think you are just plain dishonest, a flake, a sophist.

The two quotes are completely different, there is nothing about “infringement of other people’s rights” in your first entry, you say you just accepted what they believe. Do you want me to repost them here, side by side, under your nose?

Your card is well and truly marked old chap.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 17:081 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Again I refuse to repeat my previous messages to you on this exact same questioning... Do you understand that???????????????
    Your inability to defend your grotty beliefs in your own thread about your grotty beliefs is noted.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 17:10
    @galveston75 said
    Geeez you are hopeless. So who is always bellyaching about others dodging a question? YOU!!!!!!!!!
    Time for a dramatic “shake the dust from your shoes” exit?
  10. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 18:15
    @divegeester said
    I’m beginning to think you are just plain dishonest, a flake, a sophist.

The two quotes are completely different, there is nothing about “infringement of other people’s rights” in your first entry, you say you just accepted what they believe. Do you want me to repost them here, side by side, under your nose?

Your card is well and truly marked old chap.
    “Infringement of other peoples rights” can only come about by actions you take.

If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster but sit in your corner and not bother anybody, good on you.

I am more convinced than ever that your logical processes are deficient and/or your linguistic prowess.

So, as I said before, I would rather not engage in verbal battle with an unarmed man.

This conversation is over.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 18:37
    @galveston75 said
    I am not dodging anything. It's clear the Bible is talking about the handling and preparation and consumption of animals as food and not about medical procedures that can save people's lives.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 18:55
    @caljust said
    This conversation is over.
    Oh you’d like to think so wouldn’t you. Here you go: you are a liar Sir. Come back and defend yourself.

You made a big mistake in thinking that I don’t follow your posts closely and you have been found out.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 18:591 edit
    Right, here we go then...

Here’s what you said in this thread:

@caljust said
    If you check my posts, you will see that I have always said people should be free to believe whatever they want to unless it infringes on the rights of others or the law of the land

And here’s what you said in the other thread, on this topic, in our first clash over it:

CalJust said:
    But bottom line is that we accepted their (the JWs) choice of faith, including the whole caboodle of problems like their curious views on blood transfusions and eschatology. Of course we disagreed - as I disagree with Galv - on key issues (if I didn't I would join them wouldn't I?) But I accept their right to their particular (if curious) point of view.

Your claims that I “don’t understand English” and that there is “no difference between the quotes” permits me to call you a liar.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 22:37
    @divegeester said
    Your inability to defend your grotty beliefs in your own thread about your grotty beliefs is noted.
    Double noted!!!!
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 22:56
    Leviticus 17:14
    14 For the life of every sort of flesh is its blood, because the life is in it. Consequently, I said to the Israelites: “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh because the life of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.”

So if Jehovah gave this command to his people about not doing the simple act of eating blood, how would he view the actual act of putting another humans blood directly into their veins? This was such a serious act of simply eating blood that it would lead to that person being put to death by God.
    Why would one not think that a much more direct avenue of transfusing blood into your body be any less serious in God's eyes?
    Again one has to understand the value that blood has in God's eyes. It is not a substance that we have any right to do anything with. It belongs to God whether we understand it or not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree