evade
    fast
    forbear
    pass
    refuse
    spurn
    starve
    stop
    It's clear the Bible is talking about the handling and preparation and consumption of animals as food.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 06:30
    @galveston75 said
    ((((((((((((((((((You just said it.))))))))))))))))))))) The bible says that, not me.
    As I said earlier in the thread, your use of this sort of blurted parenthesis usually indicates the vinegar strokes of your self flagellation, your desire to be victimised, your excuse to flounce off from the forum.

Tell me Galveston75, what did you hope to achieve with this ‘roast me’ thread?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 06:322 edits
    Galveston75, how much blood is acceptable or unacceptable?

Do JWs ensure every drop of blood is removed from a joint of beef? No they don’t, they eat the remaining blood.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 06:35
    Not all Jehovahs Witnesses believe that it is against God’s will to relieve blood, why is that Galveston75?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 06:371 edit
    Galveston75, I read that some blood human products are acceptable to Jehovahs Witnesses and some are not; how is scripture used to differentiate between them?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 06:501 edit
    Here is a typical example of this horrible cult’s impact on a young girl who’s parents were preventing her from having a blood transfusion during pregnancy.

The mother told the court (who of course overruled the mother) that:

“Being forced to have that done against her will would be something like having violence done to her or being raped,” she said in a statement read to the court.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/aug/31/jehovahs-witness-girl-could-receive-blood-against-her-will-during-childbirth

Here we have a 17 year old girl and first time mother being denied life saving blood during childbirth by her deluded parents who were prepared to allow their daughter to die and their granddaughter to be motherless in order to appease the will of their God.

It is child sacrifice, pure and simple.

@CalJust, this is why people should not be free to believe whatever they choose to believe. The Jehovah’s Witness organisation is a pernicious, dangerous, bullying cult.
  7. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 10:25
    @divegeester said

@CalJust, this is why people should not be free to believe whatever they choose to believe. The Jehovah’s Witness organisation is a pernicious, dangerous, bullying cult.
    If you check my posts, you will see that I have always said people should be free to believe whatever they want to unless it infringes on the rights of others or the law of the land

I said that in the context of extremists and others similarly engaged in trying to force others to accept their pov.

As far as blood transfusions are concerned, where the courts decide it should be done, that is the end of it, imho.

And, for the record, I believe the courts are right in this instance.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 10:421 edit
    @caljust said
    If you check my posts, you will see that I have always said people should be free to believe whatever they want to unless it infringes on the rights of others or the law of the land
    Oh don’t worry I check your posts very carefully old chap and that is not at all what you said when we initially clashed over this, in fact you have just made all that up entirely.

Here is what you said and I quote you verbatim on what you referred to as “the bottom line” in your acceptance of JW beliefs (including on blood transfusions) and their right to hold them:

CalJust said:
    But bottom line is that we accepted their (the JWs) choice of faith, including the whole caboodle of problems like their curious views on blood transfusions and eschatology. Of course we disagreed - as I disagree with Galv - on key issues (if I didn't I would join them wouldn't I?) But I accept their right to their particular (if curious) point of view.

Thread 180500 page 12
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 10:47
    @divegeester said
    Galveston75, I read that some blood human products are acceptable to Jehovahs Witnesses and some are not; how is scripture used to differentiate between them?
    I am still trying to figure out how, in the 21st century, we have people who believe that all livings things with blood have a soul which can be divided up among countless other life forms by eating or injecting their blood.
    😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 13:26
    @fmf said
    Why analogize a transfusion with "eating"?
    If you could not eat orally for some reason, how would a hospital feed you?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 13:29
    @caissad4 said
    I am still trying to figure out how, in the 21st century, we have people who believe that all livings things with blood have a soul which can be divided up among countless other life forms by eating or injecting their blood.
    😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    As long as Jehovah does not want you to see it because of your lack of wanting to understand it, It ain't going to happen.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 13:35
    @divegeester said
    As I said earlier in the thread, your use of this sort of blurted parenthesis usually indicates the vinegar strokes of your self flagellation, your desire to be victimised, your excuse to flounce off from the forum.

Tell me Galveston75, what did you hope to achieve with this ‘roast me’ thread?
    Dude. Do you think I'm really going to repeat for maybe the 8th time the same answers to your same questions that you so ignorantly keep going back too? What a joke you are.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 13:37
    @fmf said
    Why not quote the whole phrase or sentence?

Acts 15:20 has twenty seven words in it, not three.

And then talk about what the word "blood" is actually referring to.

What is eating "the meat of strangled animals and blood" referring to?

Is "food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood" a reference to goings-on in a hospital?
    Just keep missing it aren't you? How is that possible when it's right in front of you?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 13:38
    @galveston75 said
    Dude. Do you think I'm really going to repeat for maybe the 8th time the same answers to your same questions that you so ignorantly keep going back too? What a joke you are.
    Well you started this car crash of a thread and my comments in it are directly on topic, accurate, laser beam focused at your cults beliefs.

If you are unwilling or unable to respond...then so be it.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 13:39
    @galveston75 said
    Just keep missing it aren't you? How is that possible when it's right in front of you?
    You are fabricating nonsense based on Bible verses about the preparation of food.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree