1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 08:50
    @galveston75 said
    If you would actually take the time to look at a couple of these links of doctors and medical institutions worldwide that are learning other better way to not use blood with it's dangers, you might actually learn something that could help you and your family if the blood issue ever came up. There is nothing religious here but interviews with the medical field.
    So, "there is nothing religious here" and you just want a scientific discussion?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 00:49
    Have you looked at any of the links yet?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 02:00
    @galveston75 said
    If you would actually take the time to look at a couple of these links of doctors and medical institutions worldwide that are learning other better way to not use blood with it's dangers, you might actually learn something that could help you and your family if the blood issue ever came up. There is nothing religious here but interviews with the medical field.
    Every week there are dozens of links posted in this forum many of which, like yours, were posted without any explanation, without synopsis, without direction.

I don’t look at those either.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 02:03
    @galveston75 said
    Have you looked at any of the links yet?
    Why should anyone want to spend potentially hours of their Easter holiday watching Watchtower propaganda which you don't even have the common courtesy to provide a synopsis of?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 05:54
    @divegeester said
    Why should anyone want to spend potentially hours of their Easter holiday watching Watchtower propaganda which you don't even have the common courtesy to provide a synopsis of?
    Then don't................... No one is making you do anything. If you don't like my post leave!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 06:08
    @galveston75 said
    Then don't................... No one is making you do anything. If you don't like my post leave!!!!!!!!!!!
    What is the 'spiritual' aspect of the links you provided?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 07:06
    @galveston75 said
    There is more to this thread than whatever dull cultist point it is you are trying to make.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 07:111 edit
    Judging by the blunt and somewhat combative yet “roast me” title and the increasingly exasperated tone of Galveston75’s posts in here and elsewhere, I’d say we are approaching the vinegar strokes of his latest self-stylised victimhood fantasy and that an ejaculatory forum exit is possibly forthcoming.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 10:521 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I've personally discussed this many, many times here at RHP. You know that I have. Go to JW.org and you will find the reasons there.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-why-no-blood-transfusions/#?insight[search_id]=641a43f3-9710-442a-baa2-41a0174c382d&insight[search_result_index]=2
    Once again, your church takes a simple verse wildly out of context and develops all this dogma over it, warnings against eating blood being equated to transfusing blood. Getting a blood transfusion has nothing to do with "eating blood", which, btw, is also avoided in Jewish kosher kitchens. But yet somehow the Jews don't make the mistake of equating eating blood with getting a blood transfusion. Like all your church's errors, this is your bogus dogma talking.

The same thing was done with you taking Acts 5:42, which your bible renders as "And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus." and developing the entire dogmatic idea of preaching from door-to-door from that.

By the way, my Bible shows Acts 5:42 thus: "And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ." So what happens is you take this idea of families sharing scripture and teaching and learning about the Christ in their own homes into you going door-to-door, interrupting this teaching time with your own, "clearly superior" dogma.

Yes, there's a reason why your bible says what it says, and it has nothing to do with "a more accurate translation". It's to replace what the bible says with your own dogma.

No, thanks.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 18:531 edit
    @suzianne said
    Once again, your church takes a simple verse wildly out of context and develops all this dogma over it, warnings against eating blood being equated to transfusing blood. Getting a blood transfusion has nothing to do with "eating blood", which, btw, is also avoided in Jewish kosher kitchens. But yet somehow the Jews don't make the mistake of equating eating blood with getti ...[text shortened]... re accurate translation". It's to replace what the bible says with your own dogma.

No, thanks.
    How about a comment on the thread? Nope? Just like the rest. Apparently would rather fill up your veins with someone else's blood instead of using safer alternatives. Oh well! Not too bright..
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 21:23
    @galveston75 said
    Apparently would rather fill up your veins with someone else's blood instead of using safer alternatives.
    If safer alternatives are not available ~ let's say, for example, where I live ~ what is wrong with "putting someone else's blood" in a patient to save their lives?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 23:501 edit
    @fmf said
    If safer alternatives are not available ~ let's say, for example, where I live ~ what is wrong with "putting someone else's blood" in a patient to save their lives?
    It's either right for some or wrong for some. It depends on how one views God's command to abstain from blood. The bible doesn't say the "eating" blood only but it says to "abstain" from blood that would include all that could be done or used by man with human or animal blood.

Genesis 9:4. God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Flood but commanded them not to eat the blood. God told Noah: “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.” This command applies to all mankind from that time on because all are descendants of Noah.

Leviticus 17:14. “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him. Although this law was given only to the nation of Israel, it shows how seriously God viewed the law against eating blood.

Acts 15:20. “Abstain . . . from blood.” God gave Christians the same command that he had given to Noah. History shows that early Christians refused to consume whole blood or even to use it for medical reasons.

So if one does not believe in Jehovah or why he has this command and understand it, then our beliefs would mean nothing to you.
    I'm sure if a blood transfusion were not under this command to abstain from blood, he would have let us know by now that it was an exception to his earlier commands.
    Plus one has to learn by study of the Bible as to what blood actually means to Jehovah. To him it is much more then a bodily fluid.

Also if one has faith in the resurrection, they would know they will live once again.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 00:35
    @galveston75 said
    It's either right for some or wrong for some. It depends on how one views God's command to abstain from blood. The bible doesn't say the "eating" blood only but it says to "abstain" from blood that would include all that could be done or used by man with human or animal blood.

Genesis 9:4. God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Fl ...[text shortened]... ily fluid.

Also if one has faith in the resurrection, they would know they will live once again.
    What does any of this have to do with transfusions that save people's lives?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 04:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 04:24
    @galveston75 said

Genesis 9:4. God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Fl ...[text shortened]... ily fluid.

Plus one has to learn by study of the Bible as to what blood actually means to Jehovah.

What this sentence actually means is that one has to learn to swallow your cultist dogma and accept that it is a command of your version of Jehovah that he would, for example, rather a child die that be given a life saving blood transfusion.

This is child sacrifice Galveston75, child sacrifice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree