1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 07:12
    @galveston75 said
    It's either right for some or wrong for some. It depends on how one views God's command to abstain from blood. The bible doesn't say the "eating" blood only but it says to "abstain" from blood that would include all that could be done or used by man with human or animal blood.

Genesis 9:4. God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Fl ...[text shortened]... given only to the nation of Israel, it shows how seriously God viewed the law against eating blood.
    If, as you quote, "the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood" then it follows that you surely believe that all creatures with blood have souls.
    The soul is in the blood, really ?
    So if a surgical patient were to receive 5 transfusions they would have parts of 5 souls and their own within their body. Really ?
    And if I chose to remove a pint of my blood every 2 weeks and store it, I could make my soul gigantic. And if the blood went bad does that signify a partial death of my soul ?
    One more question, do you believe in unicorns ?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 23:13
    @suzianne said
    Once again, your church takes a simple verse wildly out of context and develops all this dogma over it, warnings against eating blood being equated to transfusing blood. Getting a blood transfusion has nothing to do with "eating blood", which, btw, is also avoided in Jewish kosher kitchens. But yet somehow the Jews don't make the mistake of equating eating blood with getti ...[text shortened]... re accurate translation". It's to replace what the bible says with your own dogma.

No, thanks.
    Acts 15:20. “Abstain . . . from blood.” I noticed you didn't comment on this one. Why not?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 23:23
    @galveston75 said
    Acts 15:20. “Abstain . . . from blood.” I noticed you didn't comment on this one. Why not?
    Why not quote the whole phrase or sentence?

Acts 15:20 has twenty seven words in it, not three.

And then talk about what the word "blood" is actually referring to.

What is eating "the meat of strangled animals and blood" referring to?

Is "food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood" a reference to goings-on in a hospital?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 23:26
    @galveston75 said
    Leviticus 17:14. “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him.
    Do you believe that the blood from a transfusion ends up in the stomach?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 23:261 edit
    @caissad4 said
    If, as you quote, "the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood" then it follows that you surely believe that all creatures with blood have souls.
    The soul is in the blood, really ?
    So if a surgical patient were to receive 5 transfusions they would have parts of 5 souls and their own within their body. Really ?
    And if I chose to remove a pint of my blood every 2 weeks and ...[text shortened]... bad does that signify a partial death of my soul ?
    One more question, do you believe in unicorns ?
    ((((((((((((((((((You just said it.))))))))))))))))))))) The bible says that, not me. Once all of you here realize what the bible is saying you just might start to catch on.
    This is not my made up opinion or the JW's opinion, this is God speaking and he is clearly explaining the way he views blood whether you understand it or not.
    If you are going to have anything to do with the bible you can't pick and choose the parts you like or understand, you have to take it all even the parts you don't understand or agree with or you might as well forget it because "God exacts exclusive devotion", not some nickle and dime worship.
    I continually ask myself why you guys can't see a scripture for what it is so clearly saying, but then I know why. You simply do not want too. As long as you are not wanting too, God will never let you understand..........
    To me this word "abstain" is very clear. It says "abstain". I have no idea what you all read when that word is said in that scripture.
    Maybe you see" iuhf786rut536rwb"? I have no idea but it's for sure you're not seeing it.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 23:30
    @galveston75 said
    So if one does not believe in Jehovah or why he has this command and understand it, then our beliefs would mean nothing to you.
    Where has he commanded you not to have blood transfusions?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 23:321 edit
    @galveston75 said
    This is not my made up opinion or the JW's opinion, this is God speaking and he is clearly explaining the way he views blood whether you understand it or not.
    It's not the JW organization's opinion that blood transfusions should be forbidden?

Are you sure?

Your literature seems full of just exactly that opinion.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 23:33
    @galveston75 said
    To me this word "abstain" is very clear. It says "abstain".
    "Abstain" from drinking or eating blood, right? Sacrificed animals. slaughtered animals etc. before eating them, yes?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 23:35
    @galveston75 said
    I continually ask myself why you guys can't see a scripture for what it is so clearly saying
    It seems to be "clearly saying" something very different from you claim it does.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 01:16
    @fmf said
    Do you believe that the blood from a transfusion ends up in the stomach?
    Do you think seriously would believe that?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 01:171 edit
    @fmf said
    It seems to be "clearly saying" something very different from you claim it does.
    What does a dictionary say "abstain" means?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 01:20
    @fmf said
    Where has he commanded you not to have blood transfusions?
    Lets see...... Could it be because they didn't exist then? Maybe, you think?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 01:22
    @galveston75 said
    What does a dictionary say "abstain" means?
    Try this.
    abstain :
    cease
    forgo
    pass up
    quit
    refrain
    renounce
    shun
    withhold
    abjure
    abnegate
    avoid
    constrain
    curb
    decline
    eschew
    evade
    fast
    forbear
    pass
    refuse
    spurn
    starve
    stop
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 01:22
    @galveston75 said
    Do you think seriously would believe that?
    I seriously think you don't know what "eating" means.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 01:23
    @galveston75 said
    Lets see...... Could it be because they didn't exist then? Maybe, you think?
    Why analogize a transfusion with "eating"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree