1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 23:21
    @galveston75 said
    Leviticus 17:14
    14 For the life of every sort of flesh is its blood, because the life is in it. Consequently, I said to the Israelites: “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh because the life of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.”

So if Jehovah gave this command to his people about not doing the simple act of eating blood, ...[text shortened]... tance that we have any right to do anything with. It belongs to God whether we understand it or not.
    If your God figure had wanted to forbid life saving blood transfusions, surely there would be something in the Bible about it.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 01:46
    @fmf said
    If your God figure had wanted to forbid life saving blood transfusions, surely there would be something in the Bible about it.
    Oh, such good logic. Uh, they didn't have blood transfusions in those days. You do know that right?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 02:13
    @galveston75 said
    Oh, such good logic. Uh, they didn't have blood transfusions in those days. You do know that right?
    Thank goodness we have them now.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 03:25
    @galveston75 said
    14 For the life of every sort of flesh is its blood, because the life is in it. Consequently, I said to the Israelites: “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh because the life of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.”

So if Jehovah gave this command to his people about not doing the simple act of eating blood, ...[text shortened]... tance that we have any right to do anything with. It belongs to God whether we understand it or not.
    But you eat the residual blood in every joint of meat that you cook Sunday lunch.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 03:271 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Double noted!!!!
    It’s your thread Galveston75! If you are unable or unwilling to respond to my on topic questions about your very odd beliefs and how they can amount to child sacrifice then it just reflects poorly on you and your church.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 03:33
    @galveston75 said
    Leviticus eh?

So do JWs eat pork?
    Do JWs eat fat?
    Do JWs wear clothes of mixed fibres?
    Do JW men cut their beards?
    Do JWs stone people for adultery?

Do you cherry pick the Bible much?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 03:45
    It is my honest opinion that this ‘roast me’ thread by Galveston75 is intended to draw the kind of flack he has indeed been getting in order to satisfy a need to be seen to being somehow victimised and subsequently justify yet another forum exit in a blaze of self-righteous indignation.

It is typical of what I’ve observe of his posting MO over the years and is why he is not bothering to make his usual effort to defend the very belief he has spam-dumped in his first few posts.

“Blood” he boldly proclaims, then dump dump dump, then soak up the attacks, bare the metaphorical spiritual back to the lashing and when sufficiently flagellated exit the forum with a snooty puff of cultist hubris.

Am I wrong Galveston75...?
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 04:261 edit

Removed by poster

9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 13:28
    @divegeester said
    But you eat the residual blood in every joint of meat that you cook Sunday lunch.
    And what did Jehovah say in the bible about that? Do you think he doesn't know some blood will be left in the meat? After all he told Noah after the flood that they could now eat meat but ordered them to drain out all they could possible do. That is also why he told them to never eat meat that had been strangled because the blood cannot drain out.

Read you bible. The answers are there.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 13:31
    @divegeester said
    It’s your thread Galveston75! If you are unable or unwilling to respond to my on topic questions about your very odd beliefs and how they can amount to child sacrifice then it just reflects poorly on you and your church.
    No it reflects on you for asking the same questions over and over and you know as well as I do that if I were to take the time and effort to re explain it all to you, you would respond just as you have the other 6 or so times with your usual childish remarks.
    If you were truly interested you can go to JW.ORG to get all the answers you could ever want.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 13:33
    @divegeester said
    Leviticus eh?

So do JWs eat pork?
    Do JWs eat fat?
    Do JWs wear clothes of mixed fibres?
    Do JW men cut their beards?
    Do JWs stone people for adultery?

Do you cherry pick the Bible much?
    Jesus explained very clearly about those laws and how he would do away with the majority of them. But ones such as the laws on blood still apply.

Read your bible.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 13:341 edit
    @divegeester said
    It is my honest opinion that this ‘roast me’ thread by Galveston75 is intended to draw the kind of flack he has indeed been getting in order to satisfy a need to be seen to being somehow victimised and subsequently justify yet another forum exit in a blaze of self-righteous indignation.

It is typical of what I’ve observe of his posting MO over the years and is why he ...[text shortened]... ntly flagellated exit the forum with a snooty puff of cultist hubris.

Am I wrong Galveston75...?
    Afraid so buddy........ The reason that myself and a few others leave is because of the BS that fills this forum. And sometimes my boots are not tall enough for the crap you guys produce.
  13. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 15:431 edit
    @divegeester said

Your claims that I “don’t understand English” and that there is “no difference between the quotes” permits me to call you a liar.
    Firstly, the two quotes that you brandish about are identical in their meaning, in all substantive respects.

Secondly, you still don't understand plain English.

Here's why:

I assume that the words that cause you problems in the two quotes are the words: "as long as it does not infringe on the rights of anybody else or the laws of the land." These appear in one quote but not the other.

If you were familiar with English, you would realise that this phrase is always implied, but not necessarily spelled out every time.

For example, I say to you: Please go to the Post Office.

I do NOT say: "Please go to the Post Office, but on the way do not hurt anybody or break any laws." For most normal people, this admonishment is unnecessary.

When I say: "you are free to believe whatever you want" it obviously implies, and goes without saying, that you can only do so within certain generally accepted boundaries.

You should realise that this is always true. Unless, of course, you are not familiar with English - or just bloody-minded, both of which apply to you.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 23:15
    @galveston75 said
    If you were truly interested you can go to JW.ORG to get all the answers you could ever want.
    I've tried your website and there was no answers to any of my questions.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 23:20
    @caljust said
    Firstly, the two quotes that you brandish about are identical in their meaning, in all substantive respects.
    @caljust said
    If you check my posts, you will see that I have always said people should be free to believe whatever they want to unless it infringes on the rights of others or the law of the land

@CalJust said:
    But bottom line is that we accepted their (the JWs) choice of faith, including the whole caboodle of problems like their curious views on blood transfusions and eschatology. Of course we disagreed - as I disagree with Galv - on key issues (if I didn't I would join them wouldn't I?) But I accept their right to their particular (if curious) point of view.

Only one of this posts contains the condition:
    "unless it infringes on the rights of others or the law of the land"

And only one contains the inclusion:
    "accepted their (the JWs) choice of faith, including the whole caboodle of problems like their curious views on blood transfusions"

Stop lying.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree