1. S. Korea
    Moves
    27 Jul '20 11:06
    @indonesia-phil said
    If it wasn't recorded, how do you know?
    Do you know who your grandfather is?

Do you have some idea about who your great, great grandparents were, and where they came from?

Would you have an even better idea of the origins of your family if it was the origin story of the whole of humanity, and you were just a few hundred years removed?
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    27 Jul '20 22:21
    @philokalia said
    Do you know who your grandfather is?

Do you have some idea about who your great, great grandparents were, and where they came from?

Would you have an even better idea of the origins of your family if it was the origin story of the whole of humanity, and you were just a few hundred years removed?
    A few hundred years removed from what? What are you talking about?
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 00:24
    @indonesia-phil said
    A few hundred years removed from what? What are you talking about?
    If you were just a few hundred years removed from the creation of man. ^^
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 00:40
    @divegeester said
    Oh right, ok.

So you won’t discuss it now but you’ve discussed many times before with many other Christians and all of those threads I’ve missed despite my playing and posting on this site on a daily basis for over a decade...

I see.
    Sorry, but you playing 'Grampa Jones' of the site gets no traction with me, who was here five years before you.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 09:02
    @philokalia said
    If you were just a few hundred years removed from the creation of man. ^^
    If that were the case then it wouldn't be prehistoric, would it, since history has been recorded for considerably more than 'a few hundred years'. Or perhaps you think that humankind was created after, for example, the bible was written? That wouldn't really make sense, would it.

And that of course is without archaeology, carbon dating, cave paintings, DNA analysis and anything remotely scientific. Stone tools have been discovered beneath layers of sediment which are many thousands of years old, so who do you think made those? Do try to get some sort of grip on reality.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 09:06
    @suzianne said
    Sorry, but you playing 'Grampa Jones' of the site gets no traction with me, who was here five years before you.
    Jazz hands all you like, the point is that you don’t want to discuss it and seem quite happy for other posters to answer for you.

You did the same thing in GoaD’s club when I questioned you about your motorcycle fantasies. Btw, have you bought that 650cc super sport yet?
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 11:36
    @divegeester said

You did the same thing in GoaD’s club when I questioned you about your motorcycle fantasies. Btw, have you bought that 650cc super sport yet?
    Had you remained in the club, you would already know the answer.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 06:35
    @divegeester said
    Jazz hands all you like, the point is that you don’t want to discuss it and seem quite happy for other posters to answer for you.

"Jazz hands all you like, the point is that you don’t want to discuss it and seem quite happy for other posters to answer for you."

Mainly because it peeves you off, child.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 07:59
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Had you remained in the club, you would already know the answer.
    What are you 5?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 08:011 edit
    @suzianne said
    Mainly because it peeves you off, child.
    If thinking this makes it easier for you to self-justify your continued avoidance of my questions about your beliefs, my doubting of your ludicrous published fantasies or your unprincipled partisan posting, then good for you.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '20 07:01
    @divegeester said
    If thinking this makes it easier for you to self-justify your continued avoidance of my questions about your beliefs, my doubting of your ludicrous published fantasies or your unprincipled partisan posting, then good for you.
    Since these are, in the main, merely your own quaint opinions, I won't bother. I've already spoken at length about all these things, but like speaking to Very Rusty, it's like talking to a brick wall because you never listen. You have repeatedly shown me who you really are in these forums, and unlike you, I believe you.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '20 07:301 edit
    @suzianne said
    Since these are, in the main, merely your own quaint opinions, I won't bother.
    Your refusal to discus your views on creation vs evolution and how you allowed another poster to post for you (again) is there for anyone to see. It’s not an opinion.

Your self published fantasies about being visited by angels, about “breaking countless” bar tables by throwing sexual molesters (using your martial arts) through them, about saving “countless lives” using cpr on sidewalks are all written in these forums by you.

So no, not my “opinions” at all.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '20 07:32
    @suzianne said
    I've already spoken at length about all these things, but like speaking to Very Rusty, it's like talking to a brick wall because you never listen.
    Actually I listen very carefully Suzianne.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '20 07:34
    @suzianne said
    You have repeatedly shown me who you really are in these forums, and unlike you, I believe you.
    I am honest and I don’t make up fantasies like the ones I’ve listed above...if that’s what you mean.

I think what you may mean, is you would prefer me if I was more malleable, more cliquey and less blunt.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '20 12:13
    @divegeester said
    Your refusal to discus your views on creation vs evolution and how you allowed another poster to post for you (again) is there for anyone to see. It’s not an opinion.

Your self published fantasies about being visited by angels, about “breaking countless” bar tables by throwing sexual molesters (using your martial arts) through them, about saving “countless lives” using cpr on sidewalks are all written in these forums by you.

So no, not my “opinions” at all.
    "Your self published fantasies about being visited by angels, about “breaking countless” bar tables by throwing sexual molesters (using your martial arts) through them, about saving “countless lives” using cpr on sidewalks are all written in these forums by you."

These are not "fantasies". They are all true. The fantasy is that you call them "fantasies". Your quaint opinion is that you think they are "fantasies".

Calling what someone says a "fantasy", is just like saying they are a liar, regardless of how you want to sugarcoat it. I am not a liar.

You could have stopped at "I don't believe you." That's fine. People are different. Some vote for Trump. But for you to take that extra step and claim that I am lying is only for your own ulterior motives, as is the way you present your argument.

You might want to remove the quotes around "countless". I never said "countless". When I was talking about saving the lives of homeless people, I said "I lost count how many". This is a way of saying "I can't remember how many". I never said "countless". But you like to present it your way because it amplifies your claim that it is a "fantasy".

But don't worry, I see you. Like I said, every time you take pains like this to show me who you really are in these forums, unlike you, I believe you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree