Belief in the Resurrection & Satan

Belief in the Resurrection & Satan

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
12 Jun 19

@fmf said
You said that to me after he was banned.
Fifteen

S. Korea

Moves
12 Jun 19

@divegeester said
All the best with it. Do let the forum know I’m sure people will want to congratulate you.
Lol it's an internet forum.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Jun 19

@philokalia said
Lol it's an internet forum.
If I got married I am absolutely sure I would let the regulars in this forum with whom I’ve been exchanging views on religion about for over a decade know it has happened.

Each to their own.

S. Korea

Moves
12 Jun 19

@divegeester said
If I got married I am absolutely sure I would let the regulars in this forum with whom I’ve been exchanging views on religion about for over a decade know it has happened.

Each to their own.
Sure.

Fair enough.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 19

@divegeester said

Each to their own.
I thought you were already married.

F

Moves
12 Jun 19

@suzianne said
Don't you use past tense and "would" in that way in U.S. English?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Jun 19

@suzianne said
I am. I was being hypothetical.

S. Korea

Moves
12 Jun 19

We ended our interaction very nicely.

While it started with hostility, I will remember Dive was very good here. And I hope that we do not come into so much conflict. May we make a good effort to not attack each other.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 19

@fmf said
I am going to ask no more times, now that I have cleared up whether, to your way of thinking, being an ex-Christian [and therefore an ex-believer in the resurrection] makes me different from someone who was never one.
But you haven't cleared this up in the least, and if this was your intent with your question, you certainly picked a roundabout question which doesn't even address whether you and someone who was never a Christian have any differences at all.

That you both have rejected the Christ, and that this doesn't necessarily involve the work of Satan, is an extraordinarily narrow point to draw a potential difference or equivalence from. It certainly does not indicate that you have no differences from someone who has never been a Christian, nor does it indicate that you, having once been a Christian, are now equivalent to one who has never been a Christian. I do not see how Satan enters into this comparison at all.

F

Moves
12 Jun 19

@suzianne said
But you haven't cleared this up in the least, and if this was your intent with your question, you certainly picked a roundabout question which doesn't even address whether you and someone who was never a Christian have any differences at all
Your answer to both questions made you view very clear to me.

F

Moves
12 Jun 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
That you both have rejected the Christ, and that this doesn't necessarily involve the work of Satan, is an extraordinarily narrow point to draw a potential difference or equivalence from. It certainly does not indicate that you have no differences from someone who has never been a Christian, nor does it indicate that you, having once been a Christian, are now equivalent to one who has never been a Christian. I do not see how Satan enters into this comparison at all.
It's strange that you are saying it to me like this and yet I can't remember you once saying it to any of your fellow Christians who have probably mentioned "Satan" in posts addressed to me ~ describing or confronting my lack of belief, and my "rejection" of Christ" and my general behaviour ~ than any other poster here for years and years. Odd that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 19

@fmf said
Don't you use past tense and "would" in that way in U.S. English?
I certainly would not use a hypothetical which hypothesizes something that has already happened.

My point is that he is already married. He then says "If I got married..."

My reaction would be the same if he had gone ahead and announced that he had suddenly got married, as in his hypothetical.

Would it make sense to you if I started a hypothetical with "If I were a woman..."?

Anyway, why interject and attempt to beat me over the head with your semantics? I asked him a question, he can answer it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 19

@fmf said
It's strange that you are saying it to me like this and yet I can't remember you once saying it to any of your fellow Christians who have probably mentioned "Satan" in posts addressed to me ~ describing or confronting my lack of belief, and my "rejection" of Christ" and my general behaviour ~ than any other poster here. Odd that.
Why mention it?

It seems quite stupid to me on the face of it.

I don't argue with children when they claim to be slaying a dragon with their cardboard sword, either.

F

Moves
12 Jun 19

@suzianne said
I certainly would not use a hypothetical which hypothesizes something that has already happened.

My point is that he is already married. He then says "If I got married..."

My reaction would be the same if he had gone ahead and announced that he had suddenly got married, as in his hypothetical.

Would it make sense to you if I started a hypothetical with "If I were a ...[text shortened]... and attempt to beat me over the head with your semantics? I asked him a question, he can answer it.
The fact that he is already married does not affect the grammatical construction he used. If, on the other hand, he had said "If I get married I will tell the forum", then one might ask him "Does the current Mrs divegeester know about this?"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 19

You know what?

I'm sorry I came into this thread responding to an earlier post at all.

Don't you guys have a Philokalia to beat up? 6 pages. Remarkable. Well, I'll let you get back to that.