Belief in the Resurrection & Satan

Belief in the Resurrection & Satan

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Jun 19

@suzianne said
It seems quite stupid to me on the face of it.

I don't argue with children when they claim to be slaying a dragon with their cardboard sword, either.
The "children" you are referring to with the "quite stupid" idea about "Satan" would include sonship, Eladar, Grampy Bobby, josephw, RJHinds, Fetchmyjunk, RBHILL, galveston75, whodey, KellyJay, leunammi, roigam, sumydid, to name but a few.

Moves
12 Jun 19

@suzianne said
Why mention it?

It seems quite stupid to me on the face of it.

I don't argue with children when they claim to be slaying a dragon with their cardboard sword, either.
Did you never see me get called a “son of Satan” frequently. If you did you never once intervened. I have been a accused of such things by more than a few Christians here and of many occasions over the years, and you remained silent.

Until now. Suddenly talking about Satan is like talking to children about dragons.

Moves
12 Jun 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
We ended our interaction very nicely.
While it started with hostility, I will remember Dive was very good here. And I hope that we do not come into so much conflict. May we make a good effort to not attack each other.
Whilst I appreciate the sentiment; I really wouldn’t count on it.

I became aware that in using your sex life to counter your earlier statement about Satan impacting all manner of things, I had drifted into having a go at you about your sex life rather than using the example of it (as revealed by yourself), and I was in danger of unintentionally becoming what I behold, sanctimonious. It deserved an apology and so I provided one.

You should not read more into it.

S. Korea

Moves
12 Jun 19

@divegeester said
Whilst I appreciate the sentiment; I really wouldn’t count on it.

I became aware that in using your sex life to counter your earlier statement about Satan impacting all manner of things, I had drifted into having a go at you about your sex life rather than using the example of it (as revealed by yourself), and I was in danger of unintentionally becoming what I behold, sanctimonious. It deserved an apology and so I provided one.

You should not read more into it.
Fair enough.

F

Moves
14 Jun 19

@fmf said
The "children" you are referring to with the "quite stupid" idea about "Satan" would include sonship, Eladar, Grampy Bobby, josephw, RJHinds, Fetchmyjunk, RBHILL, galveston75, whodey, KellyJay, leunammi, roigam, sumydid, to name but a few.
Suzianne, why is it you use me as a proxy to tell the likes of sonship that you think they are like "children" with "quite stupid" ideas? Why do you say it to me and not to them?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Jun 19

@divegeester said
Did you never see me get called a “son of Satan” frequently. If you did you never once intervened. I have been a accused of such things by more than a few Christians here and of many occasions over the years, and you remained silent.

Until now. Suddenly talking about Satan is like talking to children about dragons.
Similarly, I never saw why you let it work you up like you always did.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Jun 19
1 edit

@fmf said
Suzianne, why is it you use me as a proxy to tell the likes of sonship that you think they are like "children" with "quite stupid" ideas? Why do you say it to me and not to them?
Because you, in your eagerness to perform "gotcha" maneuvers on Christians in this forum, becoming all indignant about those causes you wish to punish people for their opinions, which you don't really believe in to begin with, have become the poster child for what I have always called "forum combat".

The difference is that you enjoy it, and I do not. I see no need to "back you up" in this forum where you abuse Christians daily.

I'm not you. Don't waste your time wondering why I'm not like you.

In short, you asked. They did not.

F

Moves
14 Jun 19

@suzianne said
Because you, in your eagerness to perform "gotcha" maneuvers on Christians in this forum, becoming all indignant about those causes you wish to punish people for their opinions, which you don't really believe in to begin with, have become the poster child for what I have always called "forum combat".

The difference is that you enjoy it, and I do not. I see no need to "ba ...[text shortened]... e you abuse Christians daily.

I'm not you. Don't waste your time wondering why I'm not like you.
You haven't answered my question.

On this matter, why do you say that you think people like sonship are like "children" with "quite stupid" ideas TO ME and not TO HIM?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Jun 19

@fmf said
You haven't answered my question.

On this matter, why do you say that you think people like sonship are like "children" with "quite stupid" ideas TO ME and not TO HIM?
Don't evade the answer. I just told you precisely why. Take my answer or go pound sand. I don't care either way.

F

Moves
14 Jun 19

@suzianne said
Don't evade the answer. I just told you precisely why. Take my answer or go pound sand. I don't care either way.
I have never said people like sonship are like "children" with "quite stupid" ideas.

By contrast, you have said it.

Why are you using me as a proxy?

F

Moves
14 Jun 19

Suzianne, do you want sonship to know that you think he has "quite stupid" ideas on this issue? Or do you only want me and everybody else [except him] to know it?

Moves
14 Jun 19

@suzianne said
Similarly, I never saw why you let it work you up like you always did.
One Christian accuses another Christian of being a progeny of Satan and you, also a Christian, don’t understand why there is something wrong in that?

Sorry, but I don’t believe you.

Moves
14 Jun 19

@suzianne said
I think FMF once again has your unprincipled posting squarely in his sights.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Jun 19

@fmf said
So my rejection of Christianity does not make me a 'willing member of Satan's rebellion against God' in your view?
On the contrary. You're willingly rejecting Christ because you believe the lie that Jesus didn't rise from the dead. Consequently, that places you as a willing participant in satan's rebellion.

That's the long and short of it based on what the Bible says.

F

Moves
15 Jun 19

@secondson said
On the contrary. You're willingly rejecting Christ because you believe the lie that Jesus didn't rise from the dead. Consequently, that places you as a willing participant in satan's rebellion.

That's the long and short of it based on what the Bible says.
Thanks for your response. Your fellow Christian Suzianne says that what you believe in this matter seems quite stupid to her on the face of it but she won't confront you about it because she says she doesn't "argue with children". However, she won't say that to you. She will only say it to me. But you can read it too.