Belief in Ones Heart

Belief in Ones Heart

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
You've supplied another self-serving belief...
Are all of your beliefs non self serving?

We will believe you, don’t be scared.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Feb 18
1 edit

You've supplied another self-serving belief:
"You can’t earn your way into righteousness (right standing with God) or life everlasting. They are gifts from God, given to those who sincerely accept Christ."

God is there to bestow that gift to you. How is that not God serving you?
I never said God exists to bestow the gift of eternal life to me or anyone else. That is an expression of His love and also an expression of how far short we all fall of His holiness and His standards.

Your belief that we can earn our way into heaven is an example of human pride.

“I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”

(Galatians 2:21)

T

Moves
18 Feb 18

Amongst DG, GoaD and Romans; it's really difficult to determine who is the most illogical.

The photo is in: It's a dead heat.

T

Moves
18 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I never said God exists to bestow the gift of eternal life to me or anyone else. That is an expression of His love and also an expression of how far short we all fall of His holiness and His standards.

Your belief that we can earn our way into heaven is an example of human pride.

“I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”

(Galatians 2:21)
No matter how you slice it, it is still God serving you.

And it flies in the face of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. You should really consider that.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 18

Amongst DG, GoaD and Romans; it's really difficult to determine who is the most illogical.

Actually, you have been systematically dismantled and embarrassed across two threads.

T

Moves
18 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Actually, you have been systematically dismantled and embarrassed across two threads.
Then there's reality again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Feb 18

More avoidance of substance by personal insults. Your trolling toolbox seems to be down to one tool.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Feb 18

No matter how you slice it, it is still God serving you.

And it flies in the face of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. You should really consider that.
It’s not God serving me at all. But if you knew the Gospels as well as you claim, you would know Jesus washed the feet of His disciples as one of His last acts.

Why do you suppose He did that? The answer is in the Bible. Would you like to find it yourself or have me provide it for you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Feb 18

Then there's reality again.
Are you ever planning to respond to substantive questions and points that refute your false beliefs that Jesus Christ was only a man and that salvation is by works?

T

Moves
18 Feb 18

More avoidance of substance by personal insults. Your trolling toolbox seems to be down to one tool.
I can understand why being lumped in with DG and GoaD would be a insult.

However, all three of you are remarkably illogical. Not just a illogical, but remarkably so.

T

Moves
18 Feb 18

It’s not God serving me at all. But if you knew the Gospels as well as you claim, you would know Jesus washed the feet of His disciples as one of His last acts.

Why do you suppose He did that? The answer is in the Bible. Would you like to find it yourself or have me provide it for you?
Let's take a closer look:
>>"vicarious atonement": God atones for the sins of the individual - instead of the individual atoning for His sins by actually being righteous, that is ceasing to sin.

>>"imputed righteousness": Christ’s righteousness is imputed to the individual through faith - instead of the individual having to actually be righteous, that is ceasing to sin.

>>"the utter depravity of man": the individual is utterly depraved and therefore incapable of saving himself through his own obedience to God - instead of the individual having to actually be righteous, that is ceasing to sin.

>>"You can’t earn your way into righteousness (right standing with God) or life everlasting. They are gifts from God, given to those who sincerely accept Christ.": Once again instead of the individual having to actually be righteous, that is ceasing to sin.

All of the above serve the individual by alleviating the individual from having to take responsibility for himself.

So how do you explain the fact that you're the one who holds remarkably self-serving beliefs?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 18

I can understand why being lumped in with DG and GoaD would be a insult.

However, all three of you are remarkably illogical. Not just a illogical, but remarkably so.
Logic according to ToO:

1. The words of Jesus are reliable.
2. The rest of the Bible is not reliable.
3. It is not logical to ask him why the above 2 points are correct.

T

Moves
18 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Logic according to ToO:

1. The words of Jesus are reliable.
2. The rest of the Bible is not reliable.
3. It is not logical to ask him why the above 2 points are correct.
Case closed.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 18

Case closed.
Indeed. Egg on your face.

Go stand in the corner.

T

Moves
18 Feb 18

Okay enough of this nonsense from DG, GoaD and Romans.

Anyone care to directly address the following instead of just pretending that it doesn't exist?:

Luke
43“For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. 44“For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. 45“The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

Clearly a good man with the good treasure of his heart would always bring forth what is good and never bring forth what is evil. In short, he would not commit sin.