Being a deist

Being a deist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
And yet even when I disagree with someone, I don't say things I know are personally insulting to them intentionally. You find things insulting, and when you express that, you hope it stops, or do you think the one saying the offensive thing should justify themselves in what you find insulting and say it is your fault?
Are you building up to one of your long long sulks where you stop replying to FMF’s and/or my posts.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
The bad news is that characters like FMF will be the first (from Earth) to go for quantum life extension.

Fresh devils, and smug about it.
You really don’t have much to add to add to these discussions outside of personalised, sometimes malice-soaked and usually attempted pseudo-intellectual waffle.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
What are you going to do about it? Beat him up in the showers, you overgrown brat?
Is this what happened to you, does being bullied at school explain your oddly obsessive behaviour.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
Yet again you seem overly fixated on another little incarnate person
Your projection of your own behaviour is becoming amusing.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
Now, now. Don't you go taking a leaf from the leftwing political correctness playbook and try to restrict my language by citing your own outrage - or feelings of being offended - as a reason to censor or censure how I express myself.

It's not as if "God figure" is a kind of hate speech intended to incite immoral actions. It's just a candid perspective that you disagree with, that's all.
You are making yourself quite clear.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Are you building up to one of your long long sulks where you stop replying to FMF’s and/or my posts.
Why would I do that so that you could claim I'm dishonest every time we disagree?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
You really don’t have much to add to add to these discussions outside of personalised, sometimes malice-soaked and usually attempted pseudo-intellectual waffle.
It is common to avoid the topic and turn on one of the speakers.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Why would I do that so that you could claim I'm dishonest every time we disagree?
You have a track record of going into long long sulks with a few posters who pin you down and hold your feet to fire to answer direct questions which your furball type replies are pitched to avoid.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
It is common to avoid the topic and turn on one of the speakers.
Your well known tactic is to reply to succinct spot on topic questions with blocks of waffly religious speak which skirts the question. You have done this for the 13 years I’ve been posting in this forum.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Your well known tactic is to reply to succinct spot on topic questions with blocks of waffly religious speak which skirts the question. You have done this for the 13 years I’ve been posting in this forum.
Funny how you don’t call FMF out for refusing to answer a direct Yes or No question

🤔

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
You have a track record of going into long long sulks with a few posters who pin you down and hold your feet to fire to answer direct questions which your furball type replies are pitched to avoid.
Actually if were simply disagreeing on topics alone there would never be an issue, we can always agree to disagree. This is not my complaint it is the personal digs and insults. Just go back in the last few posts and look at the remarks about the posters, it is about the people that oozes in this place. Why should disagreements be so disagreeable? It is the distain that comes in for those that disagree that is unwelcome.

Moves
09 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Funny how you don’t call FMF out for refusing to answer a direct Yes or No question

🤔
I haven’t seen where he has done that. My experience of reading his posts is that he is forthright and honest with no reason to avoid direct questions.

Why don’t you ask your “yes or no” question again, here, and let’s see how he responds.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Actually if were simply disagreeing on topics alone there would never be an issue, we can always agree to disagree. This is not my complaint it is the personal digs and insults. Just go back in the last few posts and look at the remarks about the posters, it is about the people that oozes in this place. Why should disagreements be so disagreeable? It is the distain that comes in for those that disagree that is unwelcome.
When a poster repeatedly uses the tactics which I’ve detailed above then that poster is being intellectually dishonest, which you are much of the time. I’m not the only poster to observe this and you get called out on it over and over again. You cannot behave that way without being picked up on it KellyJay.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I haven’t seen where he has done that. My experience of reading his posts is that he is forthright and honest with no reason to avoid direct questions.

Why don’t you ask your “yes or no” question again, here, and let’s see how he responds.
“Do you at least acknowledge that you made choices in how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist?”

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I haven’t seen where he has done that. My experience of reading his posts is that he is forthright and honest with no reason to avoid direct questions. Why don’t you ask you yes or no question again, here, and let’s see how he responds.
Not every question should be answered with a yes or no even if asked for that type of answer. At times the question is profound that requires more, because the question is much more complicated filled with subtle nuance where clarity is required.