Being a deist

Being a deist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jan 22
2 edits

@pb1022 said
Everyone but FMF agrees with that.

FMF won’t say one way or the other.
I would say that FMF does agree with the “yes” (I’m assuming), but doesn’t want to give you detail about the whats and whys.

Let’s have a thought experiment; assume he satisfied your need for a yes or a no and said “yes like all people I made choices about my relationship with God”

Where would you go after that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I would say that FMF does agree with the “yes” (I’m assuming), but doesn’t want to give you detail about the whats and whys.

Let’s have a thought experiment; assume he satisfied your need for a yes or a no and said “yes like all people I made choices about my relationship with God”

Where would you go after that?
I wouldn’t go anywhere because FMF would have acknowledged he bears some responsibility for his loss of faith - something he heretofore has refused to do.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I wouldn’t go anywhere because FMF would have acknowledged he bears some responsibility for his loss of faith - something he heretofore has refused to do.
I did not refuse. I take full responsibility for what I believed when I was a Christian. I take full responsibility for whatever I believed during the five-year process as my faith slipped away. I take full responsibility for what I believe now. I do not need to be absolved of anything.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
No, that’s not what your said in the post I was initially replying to on the previous page. There was no mention of responsibility you simply said we all make choices about our relationship development with God, the answer is “yes of course we do” You did not say in that post anything at all about responsibility for loss of faith.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
I did not refuse. I take full responsibility for what I believed when I was a Christian. I take full responsibility for whatever I believed during the five-year process as my faith slipped away. I take full responsibility for what I believe now. I do not need to be absolved of anything.
What you say here is different from saying you chose to abandon Christianity and take responsibility for that decision.

You previously said your faith “happened to” you and presumably (by that logic) your lack of faith “happened to” you as well.

You, by that statement, seem to feel you have no role in keeping your faith - faith, to you it seems, is like a breeze that blows one way and blows another.

That’s why I asked - and you refused to answer - whether you made any choices regarding how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist.

You don’t want to take responsibility for losing your faith and are instead going down a rabbit hole of semantics.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
No, that’s not what your said in the post I was initially replying to on the previous page. There was no mention of responsibility you simply said we all make choices about our relationship development with God, the answer is “yes of course we do” You did not say in that post anything at all about responsibility for loss of faith.
If we make choices about how much to cultivate and grow in our relationship with God, we’re obviously responsible for the result of those choices.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You previously said your faith “happened to” you and presumably (by that logic) your lack of faith “happened to” you as well.
It was just a turn of phrase. Go back and look.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You, by that statement, seem to feel you have no role in keeping your faith - faith, to you it seems, is like a breeze that blows one way and blows another.
How hard I struggled to hang on to my faith or how little I did; how many days and weeks and months of contemplation or how few there were; how many people I went to for counsel or how few there were; how many conversations into the night I had about it or how few I had; how much I prayed or how little I did; none of it is any of your business.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
That’s why I asked - and you refused to answer - whether you made any choices regarding how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist.
As for what went on when I was a Christian or during the period my faith slipped away, what I did to "cultivate" it or what I did not to "cultivate" it, or what I did to "grow" it or what I didn't do to "grow" it, is all personal information, and as such it is none of your business.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You don’t want to take responsibility for losing your faith and are instead going down a rabbit hole of semantics.
I take full responsibility for what I believed when I was a Christian. I take full responsibility for whatever I believed during the five-year process as my faith slipped away. I take full responsibility for what I believe now.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
As for what went on when I was a Christian or during the period my faith slipped away, what I did to "cultivate" it or what I did not to "cultivate" it, or what I did to "grow" it or what I didn't do to "grow" it, is all personal information, and as such it is none of your business.
Didn’t ask for anything beyond a Yes or No answer, which was perfectly appropriate for the question I asked.

Your implication that I asked for personal information is a lie and you know it.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Didn’t ask for anything beyond a Yes or No answer, which was perfectly appropriate for the question I asked.
What you were asking about is none of your business.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Your implication that I asked for personal information is a lie and you know it.
I get to define what is my personal information, not you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
I get to define what is my personal information, not you.
Your repeated dodging of that simple Yes or No question I asked answers it for me.

Thank you.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Your repeated dodging of that simple Yes or No question I asked answers it for me.
What you are asking about is none of your business.