Barriers to belief

Barriers to belief

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Nov 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
If other people find the revelation to be credible and you don't, what substance can you provide to convince them that they are wrong and you are right about the credibility of the Bible as the revelation of God?
I am not trying to convince anyone of anything.

F

Moves
17 Nov 16

You use this exact same tactic each time you don't wish to answer a question.
The only "tactic" I am employing is not spending time typing stuff I don't feel like typing for you. 😛

F

Moves
17 Nov 16

What would you consider to be a 'credible' revelation of supernatural element?
I will tell you if and when I realize I have encountered something credible.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Nov 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
If the stuff you propagate struck me as credible, I would "know", and I would realize that I believed it. But I don't. Because it doesn't.
So you only believe something because you find it credible and not because you think it is true? How do you know that the stuff you find credible is true? And how do you know that the stuff you don't find credible is not true?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Nov 16

So you only believe something because you find it credible and not because you think it is true? How do you know that the stuff you find credible is true?
Name something you believe that is not credible?

Name something that you think is true but not credible?

F

Moves
17 Nov 16

And how do you know that the stuff you don't find credible is not true?
This is basically one of your ripcord questions. Yet again.

I have come to the conclusion that you have absolutely no real idea what the nature of belief (and disbelief) is OR you are pretending to have absolutely no idea what the nature of belief is, so that you can just ask the same questions over and over and over again in a kind of weird parody of 'discussion'.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Name something you believe that is not credible?

Name something that you think is true but not credible?
Person A finds belief X to be credible. Person A believes belief X is true.

Person B finds belief Y to be credible. Person B believes that belief Y is true.

Belief X and Y are contradictory.

Are both beliefs X and Y true?

F

Moves
17 Nov 16

Person A finds belief X to be credible. Person A believes belief X is true.

Person B finds belief Y to be credible. Person B believes that belief Y is true.

Belief X and Y are contradictory.

Are both beliefs true?
And how do you think this stuff applies to what you believe?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Nov 16

Originally posted by FMF
And how do you think this stuff applies to what you believe?
If you are person A and I am person B are both our contradictory beliefs about the Bible true? Or is one of us wrong?

F

Moves
17 Nov 16

If you are person A and I am person B are both our contradictory beliefs about the Bible true? Or is one of us wrong?
In matters pertaining to angels, demons, mythology and supernatural events etc. (like the ones you go on and on and on about and cannot substantiate with even one tiny scrap of evidence)? Well, it doesn't matter, does it? It just doesn't matter.

Your "beliefs" pertaining to these issues and supposed phenomena - to me - are simply a set of assertions based on circular logic that you find believable and I find unbelievable. It really matters not one whit - beyond you and your private thoughts - that you happen to label these assertions and slabs of circular logic "right" or "true" or "absolutely true" or "universally true" or that you label anything that deviates from your notions is "wrong" or "false" or "untrue" etc. etc.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
In matters pertaining to angels, demons, mythology and supernatural events etc. (like the ones you go on and on and on about and cannot substantiate with even one tiny scrap of evidence)? Well, it doesn't matter, does it? It just doesn't matter.

Your "beliefs" pertaining to these issues and supposed phenomena - to me - are simply a set of assertions based on ...[text shortened]... t you label anything that deviates from your notions is "wrong" or "false" or "untrue" etc. etc.
You and I hold contradictory beliefs about the Bible. Are both of our contradictory beliefs true? Yes or No?

F

Moves
17 Nov 16
1 edit

You and I hold contradictory beliefs about the Bible. Are both of our beliefs true? Yes or No?
When it comes to the Bible and the claims that Christians [like you] make about reality based on it, I am a non-believer. Your declaration that these beliefs of yours are "true" has no impact on me at all. If I could genuinely and honestly say that I thought the things you believe were - in fact - true and real, then I would believe them too, just like you. But I can't. And so I don't.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Nov 16

Originally posted by FMF
When it comes to the Bible and the claims that Christians [like you] make about reality based on it, I am a non-believer. Your declaration that these beliefs of yours are "true" has no impact on me at all. If I genuinely and honestly could say that thought the things you believe were - in fact - true and real, then I would believe them too, just like you. But I don't.
Still dodging. Yes or No?

F

Moves
17 Nov 16

Still dodging. Yes or No?
Just read my answer. It is not dodging at all. It is a point blank honest and open answer to your question. Read it again. Am I a Christian, yes or no? No. Do I believe to be true the same things you believe to be true, yes or no? No. Go back and read the previous answer again. It could scarcely be more between-the-eyes.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Nov 16

Originally posted by FMF
Just read my answer. It is not dodging at all. It is a point blank honest and open answer to your question. Read it again. Am I a Christian, yes or no? No. Do I believe to be true the same things you believe to be true, yes or no? No. Go back and read the previous answer again. It could scarcely be more between-the-eyes.
The question was - Are both our contradictory beliefs true, or is one of our beliefs true and the other one false?