"Babylon the Great"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
29 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

It is 2021 AD going on 2022 AD. Maybe the Lord Jesus will come back within a decade.
I suspect that Christ is already present.

I'm not suggesting that reports of him living in the east end of London are true (it has been reported I kid you not), but when you look at world events something pretty serious is going on.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21
2 edits

@medullah

One request - can we cut the size of the postings down please, Divegeester does have a point?

These are deep issues. And not everything fits on a bumper sticker or can be jingled off in 25 words or less.

There are sixty six books in the Word of God -Genesis to Revelation.
IF God wanted to make His book only like the one chapter like the book of Philemon, He would have done so.

I think people who are truly hungry for the truth don't mind reading a post a bit longer than a short paragraph. I was. I just am foolish enough to think there are others out there.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21
2 edits

@divegeester

Cults like the Jehovah’s Witneses, The Recovery movement, Mormons etc are all hardcore Babylon.

So then what do you have to lose then to answer my question?

YES, a genuine local church could exist today?

NO, since the days of the book of Acts anything called a church is by definition a division, a denomination?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
29 Dec 21

@sonship

So picking that point up, who decided that there was only going to be 66 books in the bible? Was that not in Catholic hands? Why were books like The Book of Enoch, or the Book of Thomas shed?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
29 Dec 21

@sonship

I know, your hear is in the right place. But your message is probably being lost as people just won't sit there and read every word if the post is too lengthy.

Moves
29 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

So then what do you have to lose then to answer my question?
Your church is either part of Babylon, or … you believe it isn’t because you’re brainwashed into believing it’s the true church.

It’s a checkmate question sonship.

Moves
29 Dec 21

@medullah said
@sonship

I know, your hear is in the right place. But your message is probably being lost as people just won't sit there and read every word if the post is too lengthy.
Good luck!

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
29 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Sure.

Cults like the Jehovah’s Witneses, The Recovery movement, Mormons etc are all hardcore Babylon.
A guy that I've met from an Evangelical Church in America defined cult as "a group that don't accept Jesus as God incarnate". So they wouldn't/couldn't be Trinitarians (he was).

Is this your definition of a cult?

I don't know anything about The Recovery Movement, but he other two are not Trinitarians.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
29 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Good luck!
Put it down to a remnant of Christmas spirit.

My New Year's Eve spirit will be a bottle of Kraken 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Dec 21

@sonship said
@medullah

One request - can we cut the size of the postings down please, Divegeester does have a point?

These are deep issues. And not everything fits on a bumper sticker or can be jingled off in 25 words or less.

There are sixty six books in the Word of God -Genesis to Revelation.
IF God wanted to make His book only like the ...[text shortened]... longer than a short paragraph. I was. I just am foolish enough to think there are others out there.
You really are not a well informed man on this matter. The Septuagint which was the Scripture of the Apostles contained about 14 books more than what is now the Old Testament. So someone changed the bible. You think God did that?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Dec 21

@medullah said
Put it down to a remnant of Christmas spirit.

My New Year's Eve spirit will be a bottle of Kraken 😉
Thats a good rum.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21
1 edit

The cowardice and hypocrisy of Divegeester predictably shine through again.

He can breath a sigh of relief tonight - everything is degraded, corrupted, Babylonian. God moves not. He can be at peace.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
29 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
Thats a good rum.
If you lived a bit closer I’d share it with you 😁👍🥃

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Dec 21

@medullah said
If you lived a bit closer I’d share it with you 😁👍🥃
Of course .. and I would share my El Dorado 15 yr with you... another good one. We cannot get Kraken down here any more unfortunately.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Dec 21

@medullah said
@sonship

So picking that point up, who decided that there was only going to be 66 books in the bible? Was that not in Catholic hands? Why were books like The Book of Enoch, or the Book of Thomas shed?
If one believes in Jehovah being the one who inspired it's writing then he designed it in the format he wanted and the other two writings were not included because they were not inspired by him. Here is a link to check out on that....

https://www.pastortedwilson.org/questions-answers/why-is-the-book-of-enoch-not-in-the-bible/