"Babylon the Great"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
People, some like to say DUMPING is going on because I am forced (I feel) to provide correction to misinformation maliciously spewed out.

It is quick and easy to fling dung around.
Cleaning it up may require more time and labor if one cares.

There are some long posts of others that I have not yet finished reading.
I am interested enough though, to go back and finish them though they were
long. That's me - if I think it matters.
You’re not being persecuted for Christ, you’re not sonship with Jesus flowing through him, you’re not oppressed because people see Jesus and react. Stop kidding yourself.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

Its my prerogative to be realistic.
What you think of my post about Babylon?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@divegeester

Could you highlight the words "persecuted for Christ" anywhere in that post?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21
2 edits

@divegeester

I feel that Babylon in Revelation refers directly and symbolically to Rome, the Roman Church which had usurped and assimilated the rising sect of “Christianity” into the Romanesque ideology of multiple gods and where the rising Roman Catholic Church represented the secular hijacking of what the sect considered the true spiritual body and essence of Christ following.

I said much of the same. So we agree much here.

Over the centuries these same scriptures have come to describe not just Roman Catholicism but all of the organised corporate tentacles of a top-down hierarchical religious construct. I.e. all the major denominations and actually all organised religion where there is a head vicariously in place of Christ.

As would be appropriate. I agree with it not being restricted only to the RCC.
"Mother of harlots" implies spin offs.

Hence my question to Galveston75 on page one, which of course he has avoided.

Ask me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21
2 edits

@divegeester

You’re not being persecuted for Christ, you’re not sonship with Jesus flowing through him, you’re not oppressed because people see Jesus and react. Stop kidding yourself.

Jesus does flow within those who believe in Him if things are normal between them and the Lord. That whether they are welcomed or not, persecuted or not.

So if I said I do not experience at times John 7:37-39 I would be lying.
Do you understand that?

"This He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about to receive"

So you can out of one side of you mouth say "Sonship YOU AIN'T being persecuted for Jesus. Give us break!" And out of the other side say I have not experienced what The Scripture has SAID.

In fact I can help others to experience the Spirit as well. . . . sometimes . . . I hope more in the future.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester
Jesus does flow within those who believe in Him if things are normal between them and the Lord. That whether they are welcomed or not, persecuted or not.

So if I said I do not experience at times John 7:37-39 I would be lying.
Do you understand that?
[b]"This He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about to receive"[/ ...[text shortened]... can help others to experience the Spirit as well. . . . sometimes . . . I hope more in the future.
In my opinion you don’t display Jesus at all, nothing. You appear to me to be a religionist from a pseudo-Christian cult based on the erroneous teachings of its founder. As is Galveston75.

You think you are teaching people here…who? Who here even agrees with your wonky doctrines and long-winded exegesis into numerology, wordisms and erroneously conceived copy pasted doctrines? No one!

To follow that situation with this deluded inferences about having Jesus flowing through you in order to help people in this forum “experience the spirit” is toe-curling cringe of the highest order.

Do you understand that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21
5 edits

The principle of Babylon the Great is mixture.
Mixture meaning some of the things of God mixed with things of the fallen
mankind.

The New Jerusalem is composed with gold, pearl, and precious stones.
The Mother of Harlots also has the same. But she is GILDED. That means the things
of God are lightly attached but not solidly built in.

Something of God's nature is there.
Something of the Holy Spirit's transformation is there.
Something of Christ's redemption is there too.

But this is glitter lightly gilded on the outside as a garment. On the inside are filthy and abominable things. This shows the mixture of some things of God associated with Babylon the Harlot but deeper the real essence is filthy, sinful, abominable idolatry.

And this should be a warning to every Christian and every Christian gathering.

"And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and gilded with gold and precious stone and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the unclean things of her fornication." (Rev. 17:4)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21
4 edits

The gilding lightly covering the garment of the Harlot is deceptive.
You cannot say there is nothing of God with her for there IS something.

"And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and GILDED with gold and precious stone and pearls . . . " (17:4a)

The New Jerusalem has gates of pearl, a street of transparent gold, and a wall built up with twelve foundations of precious stones. This showing the transformation of the Holy Spirit upon people.

But in the counterfeit spouse, the Harlot, the illegitimate counterpart of Christ, these things are present but not solidly so. They only are there enough to give a deceptive impression. "We have saints. We have teaching of God. We have believers with the Holy Spirit." She can always claim these things. No one can deny this.

Look at her cup of gold. Gold signifies the divine nature of the Father. But INSIDE the gold there is abominable things of her fornication with the world and its kings.

" . . . in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the unclean things of her fornication." (4b)

In the cup also is the blood of the genuine Christians the RCC tortured, burnt, killed and persecuted in history. Foxe's Book of Martyrs tells of the history of the Roman Empire's persecution of Christians. But the more serious persecutions of a greaten number of believers came from the Roman Catholic Church.

" And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. " (Rev. 17:6a)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@sonship said
The gilding lightly covering the garment of the Harlot is deceptive.
You cannot say there is nothing of God with her for there IS something.
Seeing as how you have acknowledged that you liked my post earlier, do you agree that your own church denomination is also part of the Babylonian harlot?

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@sonship said
The principle of Babylon the Great is mixture.
Mixture meaning some of the things of God mixed with things of the fallen
mankind.

The New Jerusalem is composed with gold, pearl, and precious stones.
The Mother of Harlots also has the same. But she is GILDED. That means the things
of God are lightly attached but not solidly built in.

Something ...[text shortened]... hand a golden cup full of abominations and the unclean things of her fornication." (Rev. 17:4) [/b]
Witness Lee said. when it comes to God's nature, we (Lee's followers) are exactly the same.

How is gilded (yet another word plucked from the original text) akin to exactly the same?

Again you attempt to dilute the deification message of Witness Lee to smuggle it into scripture.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

Could you highlight the words "persecuted for Christ" anywhere in that post?
They don’t need to be there in order for me to read you sonship.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@divegeester
It could happen that the recovered church life could slip back into such a situation.

After Philadelphia there is Laodicea.
The recovered church life followed by the degraded recovered church life.

"Brotherly love" (Philadelphia) falling back into "People's opinion" (Laodicea). .

Now I have nothing else to say to you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

Readers, in the seven churches there is always and without fail a final call for some to hear and some to overcome.

In each of the seven local churches in Revelation 2 and 3 there are some obstacles to overcome, some surrounding fault to escape. They all do not have to overcome the same thing. But they all have something to overcome. And in one case it is just to hold on to what you have.

Even with Laodicea, the final church of the seven, there is the call to overcome.
The footnotes on these seven epistles in the Recovery Version are very good.

So are the footnotes of all of the book of Revelation.
www.recoveryversion.org

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@galveston75

Revelation 14:8
New American Standard Bible
8 And another angel, a second one, followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who has made all the nations drink of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality.”

What is "Babylon the Great"?

What is the significance of it being said AT that point?
Why at that point do you think it is uttered?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester
It could happen that the recovered church life could slip back into such a situation.
“Could slip back”

So it seems from this that you are claiming that your church is NOT part of the Babylonian Harlot.

Are there any other church demonisation which would also qualify as NOT being part of the Babylonia harlot, or is your church exclusively free?