"Babylon the Great"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21
2 edits

Divegeester,

Is it possible since the church in Jerusalem at any time afterward in history for a church to not be a division (a denomination) ?

Yes or No?

Yes = Yes, there could be since then a genuine local church.

No = No, it is impossible that a genuine local church could exist since then.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Dec 21

So does anyone here agree that the original city of Babylon was the beginning or formulation of some false and paganistic teachings? Simple question.....

Moves
29 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
So does anyone here agree that the original city of Babylon was the beginning or formulation of some false and paganistic teachings? Simple question.....
Yes, of course.

You seem to think this is some sort of revelation?

Moves
29 Dec 21

@sonship said
Divegeester,

Is it possible since the church in Jerusalem at any time afterward in history for a church to not be a division (a denomination) ?

Yes or No?

Yes = Yes, there could be since then a genuine local church.

No = No, it is impossible that a genuine local church could exist since then.
When you answer my question I will happily answer yours.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Yes, of course.

You seem to think this is some sort of revelation?
"Yes, of course." That was a simple answer. The rest was unnecessary.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
29 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

This means to me that there are elements of Babylon still every local church needs to overcome. My opinion is that there will be overcomers from unexpected quarters.
I do believe that you are right.

It doesn't happen very often but it just did.

One request - can we cut the size of the postings down please, Divegeester does have a point?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
29 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
Yes I'll go with that too.

It's practices have replicated by design or ignorance across Christendom via the Church of Rome initially aka "The Church of Babylon Revisited."

Moves
29 Dec 21

There is only One Word. Perhaps some here should try to hear that One Word instead of spouting off with their linguistic pride.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21
6 edits

@divegeester

When you answer maybe I'll give you more than I already gave you, which I think some if not most reasonable people have gotten what they need to know.

It is 2021 AD going on 2022 AD. Maybe the Lord Jesus will come back within a decade.

Is it possible that the Spirit of God could MOVE to recover a normal expression of a local church today? Or is it impossible that a normal local church could exist anymore?

Yes = God could recover a genuine local church today.

No = every thing called a church today is by definition a division (a denominated gathering).

Moves
29 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

When you answer maybe I'll give you more than I already gave you, which I think some if not most reasonable people get what they need to know.

It is 2021 AD going on 2022 AD. Maybe the Lord Jesus will come back within a decade.

Is it possible that God could MOVE to rec ...[text shortened]...

No = every thing called a church today is by definition a division (a denominated gathering).
You’re cornered sonship.

Your church and witness Lee with it, is part of Babylon Whore.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21

@divegeester

If I am cornered as you boast then you should have no problem answering my question to you. What do you have to lose?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Dec 21

Any thoughts on what beliefs from Babylon are still around today?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21
1 edit

@galveston75

To tell the truth, I would rather speak positively for awhile.

Some of us are not so much hunting for Babylon the Great but keeping our eye out for the Wife. The things which make for her to emerge we long to nourish.

And then some people only want and expect the status quo as if God is gone and moves on earth no more. They resent anyone who has another hope.

Moves
29 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

If I am cornered as you boast then you should have no problem answering my question to you. What do you have to lose?
When yo answer mine I will answer yours.

Do we really have to do this again!

Just be honest.

Moves
29 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
Any thoughts on what beliefs from Babylon are still around today?
Sure.

Cults like the Jehovah’s Witneses, The Recovery movement, Mormons etc are all hardcore Babylon.