"Babylon the Great"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21
1 edit

@divegeester

You just had the floor and did not much with it.

And maybe some other here would appreciate it if you would stick to your advertisement that you don't bother even reading my posts.

Why do I still get the impression that you do?
If you didn't read them then all you need to do is skip over and just say what you want to say about the subject.

Which is often nothing.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@galveston75 said
Revelation 14:8
New American Standard Bible
8 And another angel, a second one, followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who has made all the nations drink of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality.”

What is "Babylon the Great"?
Why didn't you include the more descriptive phrases of Rev. 18?

I sense that you and sonship both are just not ready for what I think "Babylon" is referring to in these chapters.

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester
You just had the floor and did not much with it.
I’m reading the thread and contributing by trying to help the thread by asking if you don’t spam it. Please.

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester
What do you have to say about Babylon the Great ?
What do you think its significance is?
I don’t have much to add from an academic perspective, so I’m not dumping. But as you insist upon me giving my opinion, I will.

I feel that Babylon in Revelation refers directly and symbolically to Rome, the Roman Church which had usurped and assimilated the rising sect of “Christianity” into the Romanesque ideology of multiple gods and where the rising Roman Catholic Church represented the secular hijacking of what the sect considered the true spiritual body and essence of Christ following.

Over the centuries these same scriptures have come to describe not just Roman Catholicism but all of the organised corporate tentacles of a top-down hierarchical religious construct. I.e. all the major denominations and actually all organised religion where there is a head vicariously in place of Christ.

Hence my question to Galveston75 on page one, which of course he has avoided.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@divegeester

I’m reading the thread and contributing by trying to help the thread by asking if you don’t spam it. Please.

You cannot control people.
Not even with the word "please".
What is to you spam may just be to someone else successive posts of helpful
explanation.

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

You cannot control people.
Not even with the word "please".
What is to you spam may just be to someone else successive posts of helpful
explanation.
Every group has social norms. You are repeatedly asked to not spam threads with your multiple consecutive long posts.

In fact I’ll go further as you mention “control”; it is you who are trying to exert control by dumping lots of copy pasted posts in order to stifle dissent of your assertions.

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship

I have acquiesced to your demand that I make a post expressing my opinion on what “Babylon” means within the context of Revelation.

Would you like to respond?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@divegeester

I'm thinking about it.
You know seven or eight years of being told your thoughts are twaddle, plagiarism, hair dryer, spam, mumbo jumbo are not the most encouraging indications someone wants to hear my thoughts.

I mean if the net purpose and effect was to discourage me from speaking with you, its effective.

I'll think about it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

I liked what you wrote.
Breaks my heart.

I want to re-read it carefully another time.

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester
I'm thinking about it.
You know seven or eight years of being told your thoughts are twaddle, plagiarism, hair dryer, spam, mumbo jumbo are not the most encouraging indications someone wants to hear my thoughts.
I mean if the net purpose and effect was to discourage me from speaking with you, its effective.

I'll think about it.
Oh right, so NOW you suddenly decide to be more reticent.

So why then did you demand that I make a comment?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@divegeester

In fact I’ll go further as you mention “control”; it is you who are trying to exert control by dumping lots of copy pasted posts in order to stifle dissent of your assertions.

Just saw this. There you go again.

Oh, there was no "demand".
There was an invitation.

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@sonship said
I liked what you wrote.
Breaks my heart.
I want to re-read it carefully another time.
My content based posting in this forum (not necessarily in other forums) is mostly well considered, concise and to the point. I try to keep ideas simply presented.

Conflating this with my repeated call outs of your frequent (but not always so) loquacious over-baked convoluted waffling style is just a deflection and a rhetorical device by you to side step the topic.

My post above isn’t deep, convoluted or even controversial.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

People, some like to say DUMPING is going on because I am forced (I feel) to provide correction to misinformation maliciously spewed out.

It is quick and easy to fling dung around.
Cleaning it up may require more time and labor if one cares.

There are some long posts of others that I have not yet finished reading.
I am interested enough though, to go back and finish them though they were
long. That's me - if I think it matters.

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

Just saw this. There you go again.

Oh, there was no "demand".
There was an invitation.
If you choose to hide behind my use of “demand”, then that’s your prerogative.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@divegeester

Its my prerogative to be realistic.
What do I have to hide?