Are trauma survivors too attached to their trauma?

Are trauma survivors too attached to their trauma?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Oct 20

@philokalia said
Honestly, that is completely off topic.

Let us say that you believe someone's religious views are actually illogical/incorrect, but holding it against them as a social flaw and bringing it up as a weapon in non-spiritual discussion to serve a non-spiritual line of argument is improper.

I make this mistake, too, but that should not stop you from being a better man than I.
There is nothing improper in my previous remark and I stand by it.

Moves
07 Oct 20

@fmf said
I don't have any problems with how sharp my memory is. Indeed, when you were participating in a rape "joke" - you egged whodey on and mocked Ghost of a Duke for not finding forum banter about rape funny - a "joke" about marital rape aimed at divegeester and his wife - I had to jog YOUR memory about your claim that a member of your family had been raped. My memory is fine.
We can always test your sense of humor with something else:

A mummy covered in chocolate and nuts has been discovered in Egypt.

Archaeologists believe it may be Pharaoh Roche...

F

Moves
07 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
We can always test your sense of humor with something else:

A mummy covered in chocolate and nuts has been discovered in Egypt.

Archaeologists believe it may be Pharaoh Roche...
Rape jokes are not funny. Mocking someone about the suicide of a parent is not funny.

Moves
07 Oct 20

@fmf said
Rape jokes are not funny. Mocking someone about the suicide of a parent is not funny.
I agree. I wasn’t mocking Dive, but of course you are free to interpret the incident any which way you please.

F

Moves
07 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
I agree. I wasn’t mocking Dive, but of course you are free to interpret the incident any which way you please.
There was a ridiculous stream of vile banter by you and Romans1009 [another poster who made rape jokes] about divegeester being a psychopath and you chipped in saying it may have been caused by his birth mother's suicide. The banter continued. On another occasion, you and whodey were involved in mocking divegeester about him raping his wife. Two of your lowest points in this community.

F

Moves
07 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
I wasn’t mocking Dive.
What effect on divegeester - that was evident in that discussion with Romans1009 - did you think a suicide that happened 55 years previously was having? What theory were you putting forward? How did you think her death in the 1960s was impacting divegeester's posting in 2018? You somehow weren't mocking him? What on Earth are you on about?

Moves
07 Oct 20

@fmf said
What effect on divegeester - that was evident in that discussion with Romans1009 - did you think a suicide that happened 55 years previously was having? What theory were you putting forward? How did you think her death in the 1960s was impacting divegeester's posting in 2018? You somehow weren't mocking him? What on Earth are you on about?
These questions appear somewhat hypocritical coming from someone who was mocking me for suffering from Autism and saying my behaviour is a product of the psychological abuse I suffered as a child. I merely said Romans should cut Dive some slack. You obviously have a knack of twisting people's words.

Moves
07 Oct 20

@fmf said
My exact words to Romans was to 'cut Dive some slack' because of the trauma he suffered as a child. I was being empathetic and sensitive towards Dive. You are free to interpret that as me mocking Dive. I know what my real intention was. You clearly don't.

Moves
07 Oct 20

@fmf said
I don't engage in hypocrisy and every time you say that I do, I think that you are using the wrong word and that you are referring to something else.
It is quite a common occurrence for people to be oblivious of their own flaws. No surprise there.

F

Moves
07 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
I merely said Romans should cut Dive some slack.
Why? What was divegeester doing that you thought was caused by a suicide in his family?

F

Moves
07 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
These questions appear somewhat hypocritical coming from someone who was mocking me for suffering from Autism and saying my behaviour is a product of the psychological abuse I suffered as a child.
I didn't mock you about autism.

You have BOTH described the psychological abuse you suffered AND insisted that you didn't suffer any. If you think think your character and behaviour has not been affected by being in a cult, just come out and say so.

F

Moves
07 Oct 20

@fmf said
Are you not going to answer this?

Moves
07 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
You used the death of his mother as 'over the fence gossip' with Romans and flippantly said you should go easy on him because of it. It was depraved and not easily forgotten.

Own that and apologise. If you can't be honest about that, nothing you say has any value.

Moves
07 Oct 20
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You used the death of his mother as 'over the fence gossip' with Romans and flippantly said you should go easy on him because of it. It was depraved and not easily forgotten.

Own that and apologise. If you can't be honest about that, nothing you say has any value.
I apologize if you saw it that way. I’m not however going to lie and say I intended to make fun of his mother’s death because that was definitely not my intention. At all.

Moves
07 Oct 20

@fmf said
Are you not going to answer this?
No I wasn’t mocking him so the rest of your questions are moot.