Are trauma survivors too attached to their trauma?

Are trauma survivors too attached to their trauma?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@bigdoggproblem said
No more recaps for the benefit of other posters who happened to support him, however briefly, despite contradictory positions from years ago? I'm disappointed. 🤔
The site search engine might be disabled but memory isn’t.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
Are you perpetuating your victimhood? You insist you didn't suffer much. You insist you weren't psychologically abused. You claim you knew nothing about the terrible things that went on till much later after you had left. You have made it quite clear that you never saw yourself as suffering trauma let alone any emotional deprivation. Are you "in denial" perhaps?

You have chan ...[text shortened]... for the sake of argument, do you think your moral compass has been affected by what happened to you?
Why do you continue to insist that your failing memory from something you read once, years ago, is correct over the person who actually experienced the events and has the actual facts etched into their memory? Does it have something to do with your ego perhaps?

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
I will bow out of these forums with this parting thought.
Was this yet another falsehood, posted for attention?

Moves
05 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Was this yet another falsehood, posted for attention?
Didn’t say for how long did I? 😀

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
Why do you continue to insist that your failing memory from something you read once, years ago, is correct over the person who actually experienced the events and has the actual facts etched into their memory? Does it have something to do with your ego perhaps?
I don't have any problems with how sharp my memory is. Indeed, when you were participating in a rape "joke" - you egged whodey on and mocked Ghost of a Duke for not finding forum banter about rape funny - a "joke" about marital rape aimed at divegeester and his wife - I had to jog YOUR memory about your claim that a member of your family had been raped. My memory is fine.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
I don't have any problems with how sharp my memory is. Indeed, when you were participating in a rape "joke" - you egged whodey on and mocked Ghost of a Duke for not finding forum banter about rape funny - a "joke" about marital rape aimed at divegeester and his wife - I had to jog YOUR memory about your claim that a member of your family had been raped. My memory is fine.
You are confusing me with Romans. Your memory is fried I’m afraid.

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
You are confusing me with Romans. Your memory is fried I’m afraid.
No. The "joke" about divegeester raping his wife was whodey egged on by you. After whodey left the scene, and after denying that it was a rape joke for a few pages, you went on to criticize those who didn't find that rape joke funny as lacking a sense of humour.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
No. The "joke" about divegeester raping his wife was whodey egged on by you. After whodey left the scene, and after denying that it was a rape joke for a few pages, you went on to criticize those who didn't find that rape joke funny as lacking a sense of humour.
Assuming what you are saying is true, which I highly doubt, is this part of your trauma that you’re trying to cope with?

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
Assuming what you are saying is true, which I highly doubt, is this part of your trauma that you’re trying to cope with?
The germaine question here is whether or not your rape banter and your suicide banter come from an aspect of your character that you would like to blame on the psychological abuse you described as having suffered at the hands of the cult you claim to have been a member of.

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
You are confusing me with Romans.
You are consciously and deliberately lying here, aren't you?

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
The germaine question here is whether or not your rape banter and your suicide banter come from an aspect of your character that you would like to blame on the psychological abuse you described as having suffered at the hands of the cult you claim to have been a member of.
I see where you are going with this you just want to troll me again, keep going you’re doing a great job.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
You are consciously and deliberately lying here, aren't you?
No I’m not. Keep trolling, you’re doing a great job.

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
I see where you are going with this you just want to troll me again, keep going you’re doing a great job.
It's the topic of the thread.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@fmf said
It's the topic of the thread.
I can understand why you would read trolling into the title of every thread you post in.

F

Moves
05 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
No I’m not. Keep trolling, you’re doing a great job.
You are both [1] touting the power of your memory, AND [2] claiming you don't remember the 'divegeester raping his wife" banter that you were involved in?