Are trauma survivors too attached to their trauma?

Are trauma survivors too attached to their trauma?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@secondson said
Does that include character assassinations, bitter name calling and stereotype labeling?
Oh do give it a rest, it’s hardly my fault if you present yourself as a blowhardy abusive hypocrite.

Moves
05 Oct 20

@secondson said
Feel free to come and go as you please. You won't get a hard time about it from me.
I’m sure fetchmybecker will be delighted to know he has been given your last minute approval.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Oct 20
1 edit

@secondson said
That's a pathetic reply to a pitiless and self righteous worm.

Don't think it goes unnoticed that you consistently reply to the hate speech of Rajk with those kinds of side swiping remarks.

But of course the cursed fellow's negativity dovetails neatly with your agenda driven drivel.
Your beef with me is that I promote the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. You hate that, because your church promotes the idea that faith only and nothing else, is required for eternal life. This is a doctrine that is not preached by Jesus Christ, neither is it preached by the Apostles. Your insults show that Satan is at work in your mind blinding you to the truth that Jesus and the Apostles preached. It is interesting that never quote, neither do you teach anyone any teaching of Christ that pertains to eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. (Matthew 5:11 KJV)

F

Moves
05 Oct 20
1 edit

@secondson said
As I see it, within the context of this forum, hypocrisy is the act of posturing as intellectually and morally superior while belittling, judging, criticizing, condemning and maligning the character of those they disagree with.
If you have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to a certain person, and you are rubbed up the wrong way because you constantly come across as a bit of a meanspirited uneducated bumpkin [with your gauche attempts at word salads and baffling barbs about the "intellect" and "mental disorders" of people smarter than you], it doesn't mean the stuff that that person says, and with which you disagree, is "hypocrisy". So with you, for example, if I find quite a lot of what you say to be malignant and small-minded, for me to confront you on it does not mean you are being maligned or belittled, and it's certainly not "hypocrisy" on my part. It's just stuff you don't like. But for you to regularly condemn and malign the character of those you disagree with, unapologetically, and then - without irony - criticize others for - as you put it - "condemning and maligning the character of those they disagree with", now that definitely is "hypocrisy".

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
05 Oct 20
1 edit

@fmf said
If you have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to a certain person, and you are rubbed up the wrong way because you constantly come across as a bit of a meanspirited uneducated bumpkin [with your gauche attempts at word salads and baffling barbs about the "intellect" and "mental disorders" of people smarter than you], it doesn't mean the stuff that that person says, and with w ...[text shortened]... emning and maligning the character of those they disagree with", now that definitely is "hypocrisy".
Geez, that's the longest sentence I've ever seen by anyone just to say you're better than me.

Three sentences. Looked like one though. May as well had been one.

S. Korea

Moves
06 Oct 20

@fmf said
I think the analogy works. If people were being beaten to a pulp by a bunch of burly drunks down the same sidestreet and the victim you mention knew that it was a nightly occurrence and so made sure he never went down that particular sidestreet again, would his trauma about his own beating - even if severe - excuse him from any moral obligation to warn his friends and neighbours or even to tip off the authorities?
I know this is not an actual question but is part of your personal feud with Becker.

Which is a bummer.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
06 Oct 20

@divegeester said
The site search engine might be disabled but memory isn’t.
And the dossiers can be stored locally, or printed. Even better.

F

Moves
06 Oct 20

@philokalia said
I know this is not an actual question but is part of your personal feud with Becker.

Which is a bummer.
It's an actual question and it's relevant. But if it's not of interest to you, that's OK.

F

Moves
06 Oct 20
1 edit

@secondson said
Geez, that's the longest sentence I've ever seen by anyone just to say you're better than me.

Three sentences. Looked like one though. May as well had been one.
However many sentences it was, you now no longer have any excuse for misusing the word "hypocrisy".

Moves
06 Oct 20

@rajk999 said
Your beef with me is that I promote the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. You hate that, because your church promotes the idea that faith only and nothing else, is required for eternal life. This is a doctrine that is not preached by Jesus Christ, neither is it preached by the Apostles. Your insults show that Satan is at work in your mind blinding you to the trut ...[text shortened]... ecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. (Matthew 5:11 KJV)[/i]
My beef with you is the hypocrisy of ‘do what I say but don’t do what I do’.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Oct 20

@fmf said
However many sentences it was, you now no longer have any excuse for misusing the word "hypocrisy".
Your 'excuse' is not understanding what hypocrisy looks like in action within the context of this thread, your textbook definition notwithstanding.

It's amazing how someone with all your education, sophistication, erudition, being so well travelled and experienced can miss so much of what's being said between the lines.

You're a presumptuous fob.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
My beef with you is the hypocrisy of ‘do what I say but don’t do what I do’.
Come to think of it dj, I don't recall seeing the word 'love' appearing in any of Rajk's posts anywhere.

I could be wrong, but I could be right. I'm open to correction.

Moves
06 Oct 20

@secondson said
Come to think of it dj, I don't recall seeing the word 'love' appearing in any of Rajk's posts anywhere.

I could be wrong, but I could be right. I'm open to correction.
Rajk doesn't automatically condemn non-believers to eternal torment. I think there is love to be found in that.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Rajk doesn't automatically condemn non-believers to eternal torment. I think there is love to be found in that.
That's convoluted.

'Rajk doesn't automatically condemn non-believers...' No he doesn't. In fact, according to his heretical beliefs, the non-believers enter the kingdom of God while those that have faith in what Jesus did on the cross on their behalf are told by Jesus "go away I never knew you".

Rajk is Balaam reincarnated.

F

Moves
06 Oct 20

@secondson said
.It's amazing how someone with all your education, sophistication, erudition, being so well travelled and experienced can miss so much of what's being said between the lines.
Regardless of how much you think you are seeing between the lines or how much you think others are missing stuff that's between the lines, when you use the word "hypocrisy", it almost always used incorrectly.