Are trauma survivors too attached to their trauma?

Are trauma survivors too attached to their trauma?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
No I wasn’t mocking him so the rest of your questions are moot.
What was it about divegeester's posting in that conversation that made you suddenly mention his mother's suicide?

Moves
07 Oct 20

@fmf said
What was it about divegeester's posting in that conversation that made you suddenly mention his mother's suicide?
Romans was having a go at Dive about him trolling these forums so I told Romans to cut him some slack. Don’t know why you’re asking me this if your memory is so crystal clear.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Can you justify either of those insults? Or did it just feel good to write them?

I don't always agree with what Rajk has to say, but he invariably says exactly what he believes. Where is the lying in that? Are people who interpret scripture differently to yourself liars?
If I post exactly what Jesus said, and church Christians call me a reprobate and a liar, then they are [knowingly I think], insulting Jesus as well.

Moves
07 Oct 20

@rajk999 said
If I post exactly what Jesus said, and church Christians call me a reprobate and a liar, then they are [knowingly I think], insulting Jesus as well.
I think people have a problem with you telling everyone to do what Jesus says when you seem to be doing the opposite.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Oct 20
1 edit

@dj2becker said
I think people have a problem with you telling everyone to do what Jesus says when you seem to be doing the opposite.
I dont understand. I have never ridiculed people whose mother committed suicide, neither have I kept silent when friends and family were sexually abused and raped by crooked church leaders [like some Christians around here have]. So please tell me what it is that I have done or not done.

Actually I will narrow it down for you as you seem to be a bit retarded in the English comprehension department. Jesus preached that demonstrating love for fellow human beings is one of the key qualities that He is going to use to judge people. Some examples Jesus gave were
- feeding the poor
- clothing the naked
- caring the the needy
.... stuff along those lines.
What here you know I have not done?

It does not mean that followers should be sympathetic to crooked cult members like yourself who just go around looking for pity, and who preach to people that they do not have to live righteously, neither do they need to following the commandments of Christ.

The only people who have a problem with the teachings and commandments of Christ [which is the only doctrine I repeat here], are the evil ones who live selfish and uncaring lives and who show no love for their neighbor, much like you apparently do..

Moves
07 Oct 20
1 edit

@dj2becker said
Based on what?

Do you consider your behavior in these forums more in accordance with the teachings of Jesus? Do you even know those teachings?

Moves
08 Oct 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
I dont understand. I have never ridiculed people whose mother committed suicide, neither have I kept silent when friends and family were sexually abused and raped by crooked church leaders [like some Christians around here have]. So please tell me what it is that I have done or not done.

Actually I will narrow it down for you as you seem to be a bit retarded in the Englis ...[text shortened]... ve selfish and uncaring lives and who show no love for their neighbor, much like you apparently do..
So you think it’s ok to to judge people based on false assumptions and call them fools? Seems like selective obedience to the words of Christ.

Moves
08 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Based on what?

Do you consider your behavior in these forums more in accordance with the teachings of Jesus? Do you even know those teachings?
I would not make such a claim even if it were true. Of course I know them. They were drilled into me for 25 years.

F

Moves
08 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
Romans was having a go at Dive about him trolling these forums so I told Romans to cut him some slack.
Hang on a minute. So, you mentioned the suicide of divegeester's mother because you thought Romans1009's forum banter/"trolling" was OK but you didn't like divegeester's forum banter/"trolling|?

And then the forum banter you decided to serve up was to mention someone's suicide 50+ years ago?

If you were, as you claim, wanting to be "empathetic and sensitive", why didn't you contact Romans1009 by PM.

Why did you insert it into ridiculous forum banter where Romans1009 was speculating ludicrously about whether divegeester would supposedly harm and hurt people in real life if he didn't have RHP as an outlet?

Why would you contribute to this banter with your own banter about divegeester's mother taking her own life and then think that grown people around you here would believe that you and Romans1009 were somehow NOT mocking him.

Why did you mention it in public?

Why did you mention it at all when you soon afterwards said that you suspected that divegeester had been lying about his mother's suicide?

Is it OK if people make what they will of your moral compass based on your behaviour over this particular issue?

I'm with Ghost of a Duke on this. I think it is one of the worst moments anyone has ever had on this website's forums, for me, only beaten into second worst place by something Seitse once said to Grampy Bobby.

F

Moves
08 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
I would not make such a claim even if it were true. Of course I know them. They were drilled into me for 25 years.
OK, so you would not make the claim that your behaviour on these forums accords with the teachings of Jesus. Fair enough.

Are you willing, instead, to make the claim that you are trying to behave on these forums in a way that's in accordance with the teachings of Jesus?

Moves
08 Oct 20
2 edits

@dj2becker said
Romans was having a go at Dive about him trolling these forums so I told Romans to cut him some slack. Don’t know why you’re asking me this if your memory is so crystal clear.
You’re a liar.

I remember exactly what happened, if not the actual words you used...

You were joining sides with Roman1009, because he was the only ally you had in this forum, and yes he was having a go at me and you came in and showed me fake support by saying something along the lines of ...

oh come on Romans cut dive some slack ...remember his mother did commit suicide

I revealed what I did about my mother in another thread in another context. You dragged it into that bitter petty exchange to use it as a weapon. Every single reader of that thread thought so.

You’re an ashole Becker, you’re a liar an ashole.

Edit: Just alert this post so it can be removed ... but until then let it hang.

Moves
08 Oct 20

@divegeester said
You’re a liar.

You were joining sides with Roman1009, because he was the only ally you had in this forum, and yes he was having a go at me and you came in and showed me fake support by saying something along the lines of ...

[i]oh come on Romans cut dive some slack ...remember his mother did c ...[text shortened]... liar an ashole.

Oh dear seems the incident is still triggering some really strong emotions there. Must have stepped on your toes. It was sincerely not my intention. But then again I’ve told you this many times, so I have a inclination this is just a vintage Dive trolling session.

Moves
08 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
Oh dear seems the incident is still triggering some really strong emotions there. Must have stepped on your toes.
And there, precisely, is you summed up.

F

Moves
08 Oct 20

Gosh.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Oct 20

@divegeester said
You’re a liar.

[i]oh come on Romans cut dive some slack ...remember his mother did c ...[text shortened]... liar an ashole.

You cannot speak to people like that.
Its not his fault. Its the cult's fault.
You are not showing love. What kind of Christian are you?