Are RHP atheists preventing

Are RHP atheists preventing "salvation"?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Well you can blame me for the wording of your OP if you want, but it seems kind of silly.
The word "preventing" was the word you chose. The OP is, in part, about your word choice.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
But, anyway, I’ve answered your question so I’ll leave you to argue about who’s responsible for your OP
You are yet to explain how a non-believer expressing their beliefs can be seen to be "preventing" [your choice of word] somebody else from believing. something.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I asked you according to your doctrine do people stop sinning once they do everything you say they should? If they don’t why not? If they do keep on sinning what makes them clean before God if they deny Jesus yet have some good works in their lives?

You have never seen me talk about my church’s doctrine and do not know anyone I worship with.
I have never commented, neither will I ever comment on whether or not people stop sinning. So stop asking stupid questions.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
There’s at least one atheist who simply believes what he’s told and relies on other people to do his thinking for him (when it comes to the theory of evolution.)
How can this possibly be "preventing" a Christian from having Christian beliefs?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
I have never commented, neither will I ever comment on whether or not people stop sinning. So stop asking stupid questions.
Can anyone love God with all his heart, mind, soul and strength and love his neighbor as himself, which Jesus Christ said are the two greatest commandments?

The answer is obviously “No,” and that means, under your false doctrine, that everyone goes to hell.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
How can this possibly be "preventing" a Christian from having Christian beliefs?
We’re not talking about Christians (at least I’m not.) I’m talking about agnostics.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
You are yet to explain how a non-believer expressing their beliefs can be seen to be "preventing" [your choice of word] somebody else from believing. something.
I have explained it.

Because many people will take at face value what someone says and not do the research necessary to determine if it’s true.

I encourage everyone to examine and investigate the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Because many people will take at face value what someone says and not do the research necessary to determine if it’s true.
But this doesn't "prevent" them from taking Christian beliefs at face value.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
But this doesn't "prevent" them from taking Christian beliefs at face value.
I disagree.

To come to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ requires more than an intellectual belief. See Romans 10:9 and John 3:16 (among other verses.)

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I come to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ requires more than an intellectual belief.
But being exposed to non-Christian beliefs doesn't "prevent" people from having Christian beliefs.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
But being exposed to non-Christian beliefs doesn't "prevent" people from having Christian beliefs.
Again, we’re talking (or at least I’m talking) about agnostics.

Your claim that atheists cannot prevent an agnostic from coming to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ is (imo) absurd.

But would using the word “hinder” be more palatable?

Do you disagree with this statement:

Atheists can hinder an agnostic from coming to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ?

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Your claim that atheists cannot prevent an agnostic from coming to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ is (imo) absurd.
The world "prevent" - your choice of word - is what is absurd about your stance.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
:Atheists can hinder an agnostic from coming to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ?
If an atheist's ideas and lack of theist belief hinder an agnostic from "coming to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ", as you put it, then surely the problem is with that alleged "knowledge"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
If an atheist's ideas and lack of theist belief hinder an agnostic from "coming to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ", as you put it, then surely the problem is with that alleged "knowledge"?
Not if the agnostic doesn’t investigate the evidence for Christianity but instead relies on false statements from atheists.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
The world "prevent" - your choice of word - is what is absurd about your stance.
You chose that word for your OP. That was your choice and your OP, not mine.