Are RHP atheists preventing

Are RHP atheists preventing "salvation"?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
Does this person not have access to information about what you believe?

I don't see how a non-believer expressing their beliefs can be seen to be "preventing" somebody else from believing something.

It's an odd thing to claim.
<<Does this person not have access to information about what you believe?>>

Sure, but some are foolish enough to take atheists at their word and foolish enough to think atheists actually know what they’re talking about.

<<I don't see how a non-believer expressing their beliefs can be seen to be "preventing" somebody else from believing something.>>

See above.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Sure, but some are foolish enough to take atheists at their word and foolish enough to think atheists actually know what they’re talking about.
"To prevent" is a really strange verb to use.

It sounds like a really ill-thought out word choice.

It rings false, psychologically speaking.

People here are reading words I write. How on Earth can that "prevent" them for reading the words written by Christians?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
"To prevent" is a really strange verb to use.

It sounds like a really ill-thought out word choice.

It rings false, psychologically speaking.

People here are reading words I write. How on Earth can that "prevent" them for reading the words written by Christians?
I’m using the word that you used for your OP. If you think your word choice was “really ill-thought out,” perhaps you should have chosen a different word.

But I’ve answered your question and am not interested in a game of semantics.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Maybe it’s people who pretend to be Christians and consistently troll and maliciously attack other people. Sound familiar?
😵 🤔 😆

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I’m using the word that you used for your OP. If you think your word choice was “really ill-thought out,” perhaps you should have chosen a different word.
The word "preventing" that appears in the OP is me quoting what you said on another thread.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
But I’ve answered your question and am not interested in a game of semantics.
But you haven't explained how a non-believer expressing their beliefs can be seen to be "preventing" somebody else from believing something.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
The word "preventing" that appears in the OP is me quoting what you said on another thread.
It’s your OP and your word choice.

If you don’t like the word, maybe you should have chosen another.

But like I said, I’m not interested in semantics.

There’s at least one atheist who simply believes what he’s told and relies on other people to do his thinking for him (when it comes to the theory of evolution.)

It’s not hard to fathom some agnostics are the same way.

Not everyone wants to do the research necessary to determine the truth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
But you haven't explained how a non-believer expressing their beliefs can be seen to be "preventing" somebody else from believing something.
Yes, I have.

If you’re not happy with the answer, so be it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
So you believe you can still go to "Hell" for your "sins" despite your belief that you have been "saved" by Jesus? Or do you believe that you have been "saved" by Jesus despite your "sins"?
The devil believes Hell was made for him, Jesus tells those who were telling Him about all of the things that they did in His name they believed in Him, but He tells them depart from me I never knew you. They believed but they didn’t come to God for His grace through faith, they could tell everyone why they were going to be saved by what they did.

Out of the abundance of our hearts we speak and if our righteousness is due to us we will be no different than those telling Jesus why they are righteous. The self righteous can always tell you why they are good, why they are better than someone else, trusting in Jesus we rely on Him not our efforts.

Faith speech!

I should be condemned but for God’s grace!

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
It’s your OP and your word choice.

If you don’t like the word, maybe you should have chosen another.
It's not semantics.

The OP: "Another Christian has just recently suggested that the arguments of atheists [It seems clear he meant here on this forum because the context was people-disagreeing-with-sonship] are possibly preventing people from being "saved"."

That's you ["another Christian"] who used the word "preventing".

I was quoting you.

It's your word choice.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
The devil believes Hell was made for him, Jesus tells those who were telling Him about all of the things that they did in His name they believed in Him, but He tells them depart from me I never knew you. They believed but they didn’t come to God for His grace through faith, they could tell everyone why they were going to be saved by what they did.

Out of the abundance of ...[text shortened]... Jesus we rely on Him not our efforts.

Faith speech!

I should be condemned but for God’s grace!
So, just to be clear, you believe you can still go to "Hell" for your "sins" despite your belief that you have been "saved" by Jesus?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
It's not semantics.

The OP: "Another Christian has just recently suggested that the arguments of atheists [It seems clear he meant here on this forum because the context was people-disagreeing-with-sonship] are possibly preventing people from being "saved"."

That's you ["another Christian"] who used the word "preventing".

I was quoting you.

It's your word choice.
You chose to use that word for your OP.

If you didn’t like it, you should have chosen another.

As it is, you’re stuck with it.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You chose to use that word for your OP.
"Preventing" is the word you chose to use to express your thought and it was that thought - and your word choice - that triggered the OP title and question.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
If you didn’t like it, you should have chosen another.
I was quoting you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
I was quoting you.
Well you can blame me for the wording of your OP if you want, but it seems kind of silly.

But, anyway, I’ve answered your question so I’ll leave you to argue about who’s responsible for your OP