1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 09:042 edits
    sonship once accused me ~ because I share non-Christian perspectives ~ of maybe causing "hundreds" of people at RHP to face "eternal torture".

Another Christian has just recently suggested that the arguments of atheists [It seems clear he meant here on this forum because the context was people-disagreeing-with-sonship] are possibly preventing people from being "saved".

Is the Christian notion of "salvation" really so tenuous and so brittle that it can be endangered merely by being exposed to dissent, disagreement and the ideas of people who lack belief?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 09:10
    @fmf said
    sonship once accused me ~ because I share non-Christian perspectives ~ of maybe causing "hundreds" of people at RHP to face "eternal torture".

Another Christian has just recently suggested that the arguments of atheists are possibly preventing people from being "saved".

Is the Christian notion of "salvation" really so tenuous and so brittle that it can be endangered merely by being exposed to dissent, disagreement and the ideas of people who lack belief?
    I believe that one of the biggest blockers of people entering the Christian faith is the contemporary manifest of the Christianity, the dogmas and the division, the corporate entities, the cults with their exclusivities and the specific teachings such as eternal suffering and the trinity.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 10:06
    I don't look upon the expression of my beliefs [or, in many instances, my lack of belief] as being persuasive or not persuasive and don't offer them with that in mind anyway.

I would have thought that any believer discussing supernatural causality ~ and moral and ideological issues attendant thereto ~ would be more likely to have their faith confirmed or affirmed by my efforts to explain my perspectives.

It seems absurd to suggest even one theist here at RHP ever became an atheist as a result of engaging in conversations to which I was contributing ~ let alone sonship's bizarre assertion about there being "hundreds" of them.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 10:24
    @divegeester said
    I believe that one of the biggest blockers of people entering the Christian faith is the contemporary manifest of the Christianity, the dogmas and the division, the corporate entities, the cults with their exclusivities and the specific teachings such as eternal suffering and the trinity.
    I would think that the conduct of many church leaders is a bigger deterrent than the false doctrine. Greed, materialism and sexual abuse just to name a few.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 10:48
    @fmf said

Another Christian has just recently suggested that the arguments of atheists [It seems clear he meant here on this forum because the context was people-disagreeing-with-sonship] are possibly preventing people from being "saved".

Is ...[text shortened]... endangered merely by being exposed to dissent, disagreement and the ideas of people who lack belief?
    Ezekiel 3:18
    If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.

Matthew 23:15
    Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Matthew 12:35-37
    English Standard Version
    The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil. I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 11:02
    @kellyjay said
    Matthew 12:35-37
    English Standard Version
    The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil. I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
    Sounds awfully scary. Thanks, KellyJay.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 11:07
    @kellyjay said
    Ezekiel 3:18
    If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.
    This, I think, is telling me that I "shall surely die". This is something I already firmly believe.

Any thoughts on the OP question,?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 11:07
    @fmf said
    Sounds awfully scary. Thanks, KellyJay.
    Bloody hands should, a little more faith speech for you.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 11:09
    @kellyjay said
    Bloody hands should, a little more faith speech for you.
    But what about the thread's topic?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 11:10
    @kellyjay said
    for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
    I seem to remember that you church Christians post ad nauseum that a man is justified by Grace through faith, and not any other way.

How can a man be justified by words. Seems like Jesus was not a church Christian
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 11:37
    @fmf said
    But what about the thread's topic?
    If we choose, and you give cause to avoid Christ, you promote all ways and reasons to turn from faith in Jesus Christ, and they do and are lost because of their choices; what do you think will be your result as well theirs? Faith speech!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 11:45
    @kellyjay said
    If we choose, and you give cause to avoid Christ, you promote all ways and reasons to turn from faith in Jesus Christ, and they do and are lost because of their choices; what do you think will be your result as well theirs? Faith speech!
    what do you think will be your result as well theirs?

Well, we all "shall surely die", I don't see what other "result" there is, for every single one of us.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 11:50
    @kellyjay said
    I don't see myself as "giving cause to avoid Christ". If you want to "to turn from faith in Jesus Christ", that is surely a matter entirely for you.

Do you really think that anyone's "salvation" can be endangered merely by being exposed to the ideas of people who lack belief?

To your way of thinking, can faith that is so weak [that it could be lost merely by talking to an atheist] be that strong enough to guarantee "salvation"?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 12:30
    @rajk999 said
    I seem to remember that you church Christians post ad nauseum that a man is justified by Grace through faith, and not any other way.

How can a man be justified by words. Seems like Jesus was not a church Christian
    I asked you according to your doctrine do people stop sinning once they do everything you say they should? If they don’t why not? If they do keep on sinning what makes them clean before God if they deny Jesus yet have some good works in their lives?

You have never seen me talk about my church’s doctrine and do not know anyone I worship with.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 12:31
    @fmf said
    what do you think will be your result as well theirs?

Well, we all "shall surely die", I don't see what other "result" there is, for every single one of us.
    Yes we all will give an account, none make it out of this life alive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree