Are RHP atheists preventing

Are RHP atheists preventing "salvation"?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I asked you according to your doctrine do people stop sinning once they do everything you say they should? If they don’t why not? If they do keep on sinning what makes them clean before God if they deny Jesus yet have some good works in their lives?

You have never seen me talk about my church’s doctrine and do not know anyone I worship with.
I dont answer stupid questions. Im not here to discuss what people do generally. I have no knowledge of people. Im here to discuss the doctrine of Christ. Why you keep focusing on other people really is a serious personality flaw that you need to get some help with. Discuss what Jesus said. Or what Paul said.

So the question remains what did Jesus mean by people are justified by their words. Also that is a teaching alien to your beliefs. Note that you brought up that passage.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Yes we all will give an account, none make it out of this life alive.
Do you really think that someone who has the required faith to be "saved", according to your beliefs, can be made to not believe "we all will give an account" merely by listening to the ideas of people who don't share that belief?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't see myself as "giving cause to avoid Christ". If you want to "to turn from faith in Jesus Christ", that is surely a matter entirely for you.

Do you really think that anyone's "salvation" can be endangered merely by being exposed to the ideas of people who lack belief?

To your way of thinking, can faith that is so weak [that it could be lost merely by talking to an atheist] be that strong enough to guarantee "salvation"?
Well we both believe what we believe and both speak our faith speech, what is true will measure us, our words, deeds, thoughts, and that is not something either of us controls. Consequences follow everything good and bad!

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Well we both believe what we believe and both speak our faith speech, what is true will measure us, our words, deeds, thoughts, and that is not something either of us controls. Consequences follow everything good and bad!
This answers neither of the two questions you are ostensibly replying to.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
This answers neither of the two questions you are ostensibly replying to.
What you say and do affects others, and we are all responsible for our actions. If our choices are all up to us and we are persuaded to turn to life or death in the end we will be held accountable. If we acted differently if we were kind instead of belittling or judgmental would another make a different choice? That is a scary thought, I am glad God is in control.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
What you say and do affects others, and we are all responsible for our actions. If our choices are all up to us and we are persuaded to turn to life or death in the end we will be held accountable. If we acted differently if we were kind instead of belittling or judgmental would another make a different choice? That is a scary thought, I am glad God is in control.
If we acted differently if we were kind instead of belittling or judgmental would another make a different choice? That is a scary thought, I am glad God is in control.

Do you think God is in control of how and what I post?

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
If our choices are all up to us and we are persuaded to turn to life or death in the end we will be held accountable.

Do you imagine this has ever happened here at RHP?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
If we choose, and you give cause to avoid Christ, you promote all ways and reasons to turn from faith in Jesus Christ, and they do and are lost because of their choices; what do you think will be your result as well theirs? Faith speech!
Over the years I have spoken with dozens and dozens of non Christian’s about their reasons for unbelief and the vast majority state that the reason for Christianity being unattractive are:

- the doctrine of eternal suffering and the trinity
- the poor behaviours within any branch of corporate Christianity
- the irrationality and evidence the account creation

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
I dont answer stupid questions. Im not here to discuss what people do generally. I have no knowledge of people. Im here to discuss the doctrine of Christ. Why you keep focusing on other people really is a serious personality flaw that you need to get some help with. Discuss what Jesus said. Or what Paul said.

So the question remains what did Jesus mean by people are j ...[text shortened]... heir words. Also that is a teaching alien to your beliefs. Note that you brought up that passage.
You accuse people who go to church as if they can sin as they will and not worrying about good works of righteousness. That is practically a daily thing with you, so by your doctrine if everyone did things exactly as you say they should how are they different if they continue to sin? You continuously say one group is in error because they trust in Jesus’ saving grace through faith, those who follow what you declare are they without sin?

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You accuse people who go to church as if they can sin as they will and not worrying about good works of righteousness.
So you believe you can still go to "Hell" for your "sins" despite your belief that you have been "saved" by Jesus? Or do you believe that you have been "saved" by Jesus despite your "sins"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I believe that one of the biggest blockers of people entering the Christian faith is the contemporary manifest of the Christianity, the dogmas and the division, the corporate entities, the cults with their exclusivities and the specific teachings such as eternal suffering and the trinity.
Maybe it’s people who pretend to be Christians and consistently troll and maliciously attack other people. Sound familiar?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't look upon the expression of my beliefs [or, in many instances, my lack of belief] as being persuasive or not persuasive and don't offer them with that in mind anyway.

I would have thought that any believer discussing supernatural causality ~ and moral and ideological issues attendant thereto ~ would be more likely to have their faith confirmed or affirmed by my effort ...[text shortened]... ich I was contributing ~ let alone sonship's bizarre assertion about there being "hundreds" of them.
<<It seems absurd to suggest even one theist here at RHP ever became an atheist as a result of engaging in conversations to which I was contributing>>

I don’t think the issue is atheists turning theists into atheists - that would never happen to a Christian who’s strong (or even not so strong!) in his or her faith.

It’s about an atheist preventing *an agnostic* from coming to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
It’s about an atheist preventing *an agnostic* from coming to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ.
"Preventing"? How so?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jan 22

@fmf said
"Preventing"? How so?
By misrepresenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

By falsely claiming the Holy Bible is full of errors and is not trustworthy and reliable.

By falsely claiming no evidence exists for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And other ways.

F

Moves
21 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
By misrepresenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

By falsely claiming the Holy Bible is full of errors and is not trustworthy and reliable.

By falsely claiming no evidence exists for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And other ways.
Does this person not have access to information about what you believe?

I don't see how a non-believer expressing their beliefs can be seen to be "preventing" somebody else from believing something.

It's an odd thing to claim.