Am I a real Christian?

Am I a real Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jul 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Yeah Ron, just get out your guns and kill them all. Right? Of course you would have.......
Perhaps it was good for us that there were no JWs at that time.

Moves
19 Jul 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Wait a minute, let me see if I'm hearing this right.

Your beef is not with their wildly bizarre dogma, canonized by them before they had scripture which miraculously backed it up, but only with the fact that their approach is corporate in nature? That instead of having a prophet and apostles, they have a CEO and a board which they learn to treat the same as a prophet and apostles? This is your main beef with them and not their man-made dogma?
This thread is not about the Jehovah's Witnesses corporation. My comment about my OP is reflective of all religious cults and corporate denomination. The JWs are only forefront for part of the thread because of the interjections by robbie carrobie and Galveston. The JWs are not special compared to other cults or religious corporations this this respect.

Moves
19 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Why don't you tell us something we don't know like if he had followed the teachings of Jehovahs witnesses, those 'man made doctrines' that you and your friends slobber about, would he have killed those innocent women and children at Sand Creek? Indeed, in what way was this Methodist preacher, a real Christian?
Here is a modern representation of the increasing decay of of the Jehovah's Witness cult, repeated accusations of child abuse by elders and the subsequent attempt at hushing it up by the leadership.

Thread 160019

Moves
19 Jul 14
1 edit

No i doubt you could read Urdu, Farsi (Persian) or Arabic because it uses a different script. Nastaʿlīq. I doubt you could read Chinese either as its pictorial.
Get out of my thread you disruptive objectionable little man.

Edit: unless you wish to contribute.

Moves
19 Jul 14
1 edit

It's it astonishing, we've had more or less reasonable discussion going on for 2-3 months while Galveston was away sulking for being caught lying in the forum and now he's back he and robbie carrobie do nothing but cause contention and strife. I'm sure they do this to invite persecution - I honestly believe that.

I apologise for my use of uncouth language earlier in this thread but I am so sick of this pair of arrogant spiritual snobs that I carelessly allowed my frustration to boil over.

rc

Moves
19 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Well my honest answer is that if he had been a Jehovah's Witness that more white settlers would have been scalped and murdered by the Indians, because he would not have tried to stop or fought against them.
Hardly because the Native Americans would not have felt threatened. I am pleased to say that we have some beautiful blackfoot brothers and sisters who praise the father of the celestial lights, Jehovah himself.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jul 14

Hardly because the Native Americans would not have felt threatened. I am pleased to say that we have some beautiful blackfoot brothers and sisters who praise the father of the celestial lights, Jehovah himself.
Well, we might have felt the Native Americans should not have felt threatened because some white skin settlers had moved into land they used for hunting, but apparently they did because they began murdering and scalping those settlers and burning down their log cabins.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
This thread is not about the Jehovah's Witnesses corporation. My comment about my OP is reflective of all religious cults and corporate denomination. The JWs are only forefront for part of the thread because of the interjections by robbie carrobie and Galveston. The JWs are not special compared to other cults or religious corporations this this respect.
Nevertheless, you could answer the question in the spirit I intended it, so that I could more closely understand your position.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jul 14
1 edit

Well, we might have felt the Native Americans should not have felt threatened because some white skin settlers had moved into land they used for hunting, but apparently they did because they began murdering and scalping those settlers and burning down their log cabins.
Because the white man had this idea of "Manifest Destiny", regardless of who was living here at the time. The white man appropriated land, killed off the bison for sport, stripped the land for gold and did not understand the treaty the Native American had forged with the Creator to respect Nature. They had come to murder the Sioux, the Cheyenne and the Lakota (and all the rest of the tribes) because they coveted what they had. This was a sin even by the white man's own standards, yet this did not stop them. The People were righteously defending themselves.

Edit: I don't go down to the reservations anymore. I used to go there to witness for Christ, but I cannot stomach seeing a once proud people living in squalor on small sections of land the white man considers useless. It is disgusting what we have done to these people. It is unconscionable and immensely sad to see, it makes me want to vomit to see how the government forces these people to live as not even third-class citizens in what is essentially bondage.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jul 14

Because the white man had this idea of "Manifest Destiny", regardless of who was living here at the time. The white man appropriated land, killed off the bison for sport, stripped the land for gold and did not understand the treaty the Native American had forged with the Creator to respect Nature. They had come to murder the Sioux, the Cheyenne and the La ...[text shortened]... 's own standards, yet this did not stop them. The People were righteously defending themselves.
But the Indians started the killing and scalping and the white man retaliated by killing and scalping.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jul 14

But the Indians started the killing and scalping and the white man retaliated by killing and scalping.
This is not true.

Moves
19 Jul 14

Oh my ******* god, get off of the American internet and into a library or something.

Moves
19 Jul 14

Anything. I mean just go outdoors maybe.

Moves
19 Jul 14
1 edit

I really need to get out of this forum. Honestly.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jul 14
1 edit

This is not true.
You must have been taught a revisionist's history. Does it really make sense to you that the white man would really start killing and scalping the Indians first? What other historical evidence is there that white men from Europe were in the habit of scalping their enemies?