Am I a real Christian?

Am I a real Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Jul 14

Originally posted by LemonJello
As far as I can tell, twhitehead's concern was regarding whether or not you "really" believe that P (P = there is life after death, e.g. ) because it seemed to him that you are not properly responsive to implications of P. You do at least understand the concern here? Propositions have logical implications. Generally speaking, for the sake of rationalit ...[text shortened]... obvious that one ought to believe Q, even if, in fact, one believes both P and that P implies Q.
That's better, thanks.

I'd say I was probably in category 4. But I'm not sure.

The nature of the relationship between faith and beliefs is very interesting and I think forms part of my argument with the jws.

Moves
17 Jul 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
H8tred= anyone who disagrees with you. 😞
More persecution.

Hey Galvo-Gman we REALLY are gods chosen ones - check out the HATRED in the this thread.

Moves
17 Jul 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Is that as far as it goes, just disagreeing? Really?

You don't have to answer.......
YES THATS AS FAR AS IT GOES

AS MUCH AS YOU WANT TO BE, YOU ARE NOT BEING PERSECUTED

Moves
17 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I was just giving divegeester a hard time.
Yes I reeled under those powerful intellectual jabs. Thanks for easing up on me.

Moves
17 Jul 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Yes, being compassionate is what demistates it is to be a real Christian.

The whole of scripture teaches this too.

It is what Jesus tryed to show us is stories like the Good Samaritan. It is what Paul teaches in all of his letters.
So a compassionate atheist is a real Christian?

Moves
17 Jul 14

Wow....still nothing?
Rak responded to you.

rc

Moves
17 Jul 14
1 edit

But he that does what is true comes to the light, in order that his works may be made manifest as having been worked in harmony with God - John 3:20

This would perhaps go some way to explaining the reluctance of certain professed Christians in divulging to others just what their works are, for it is clear that when someone is conscientiously doing a work that is worked in harmony with God he has no problem in making that work manifest, but as the proceeding verse states,

he that practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, in order that his works may not be reproved - John 3:19

Why are they afraid of coming to the light and having their works made manifest? Instead we are treated to the usual insipid platitudes of, its none of your business, mind your own business, Jesus this and Jesus that etc etc If the work was truly in harmony with God it should not be a problem to have it made manifest but it seems that our friends reluctance stems from a deep seated knowledge that perhaps their works, if they exist at all, fall short of that requirement and thus they resist less they be reproved by the light of Gods word. Yet ironically they seem strangely adept at criticizing the works of others even though these are manifest and in harmony with Gods perceived will.

Moves
17 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
But he that does what is true comes to the light, in order that his works may be made manifest as having been worked in harmony with God - John 3:20

This would perhaps go some way to explaining the reluctance of certain professed Christians in divulging to others just what their works are, for it is clear that when someone is conscientiously doing ...[text shortened]... zing the works of others even though these are manifest and in harmony with Gods perceived will.
I think you would do better to focus on your own ineffectual ministry and why you personally have only attracted 2 (validation required) people into your cult in 20 years. If you were in one of my sales teams I'd fire your useless ass.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
So a compassionate atheist is a real Christian?
My opinion of that is God does not care about labels: atheist, Christian, Jew, Gentile etc. Gods only interest is how we live. In explaining to the Jews that they are not superior Paul said:

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. (Romans 2:28-29 KJV)

The modern day Christian is in a similar position to the Jews of old. Christians of today think they are special by virtue of their monopoly on Christ, but the inward man is what is important to God.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
I think you would do better to focus on your own ineffectual ministry and why you personally have only attracted 2 (validation required) people into your cult in 20 years. If you were in one of my sales teams I'd fire your useless ass.
Well the thread you started was asking "Am I a real Christian" which I'm sure the question was directed to you or about you. From what I've posted from the Bible which was actually a small sampling of the requirements written there, to you personally I see you have no qulifications at all.
You have never demonstrated any of the requirements one bit, but instead the impression you give to us all is your more border line antichrist with all your demeaning comments to anyone who is in fact doing their best to meet those commands and the end result of doing this work Jesus said to do is to educate all that are looking for the love and guidance that Jesus is willing to give. Your entire attitude is just the opposite and that is to turn everyones back on Jesus.
I could care less whether you aprove of us at all in our daily commitment to our work of teaching the bible.

You should be more then ashamed of even slightly calling yourself a christian or whatever it is you think you are. Good day.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

This would perhaps go some way to explaining the reluctance of certain professed Christians in divulging to others just what their works are, for it is clear that when someone is conscientiously doing ...[text shortened]... zing the works of others even though these are manifest and in harmony with Gods perceived will.
As Jesus said unto the Pharisees, "Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jul 14

Fair enough. We all answer to God for our lifes. But still curious as to what this calling is and where you recieved it from. Are you the only one who's recieved this?

And yes many do their thing for what glory they can get out of it or condemn others who they think have not recieved this special attention so to say. I ahvea few relatives who fit tha ...[text shortened]... be eligable to recieve those benifits.
I boast of nothing but try to be humble in all things.
Do not tempt me, do not assume my works, do not attempt to discredit my works even before you hear of them.

Did you read the passage? Then you have heard my works. Why do you still ask from whence I received this calling? Am I the only one? In this thread, apparently so. Are they somehow not good enough for you? They are good enough for my Lord, how are you so much better than He?

You say you boast of nothing. Perhaps you could get your friend to the point where he can say the same. It seems he cannot stop boasting and has now graduated to discrediting the works of others. From where did he receive that calling?

Moves
17 Jul 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
My opinion of that is God does not care about labels: atheist, Christian, Jew, Gentile etc. Gods only interest is how we live. In explaining to the Jews that they are not superior Paul said:

[i]For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision ...[text shortened]... e special by virtue of their monopoly on Christ, but the inward man is what is important to God.
That broadens my perspective on what you believe, thanks.

Moves
17 Jul 14
3 edits

Well the thread you started was asking "Am I a real Christian" which I'm sure the question was directed to you or about you. From what I've posted from the Bible which was actually a small sampling of the requirements written there, to you personally I see you have no qulifications at all.
You have never demonstrated any of the requirements one bit, bu ...[text shortened]... ed of even slightly calling yourself a christian or whatever it is you think you are. Good day.
For two people who "could care less" about what I post, you certainly go to extreme lengthy measures to demonstrate the opposite. I.e. Previously Robbie replies to you, but is addressing his point to me, but he had already made a covenant (or some other weird self-serving commitment) not to talk to me so his post is addressed to you...

Then you, reply to me on his behalf (because he is still being a twat), in some sort of lameo defence.

You guys are the best evidence that the Jehovah's Witness organisation is the most single most fu**-up religious organisation in the world.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Jul 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Do not tempt me, do not assume my works, do not attempt to discredit my works even before you hear of them.

Did you read the passage? Then you have heard my works. Why do you still ask from whence I received this calling? Am I the only one? In this thread, apparently so. Are they somehow not good enough for you? They are good enough for my Lord, ho ...[text shortened]... w graduated to discrediting the works of others. From where did he receive that calling?
You are taking my questioning completely wrong. I mean no harm at all but simply curious as I'm just wanting to learn and understand your beliefs.